Loc: Trance Land
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article222914105.html

WR Moore from Purdue is fun to watch.

Doreen....wow!

#2036713 - 12/10/18 06:29 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
That is awesome! Well deserved and I wish he wouldn't have had to been there during the WORST stretch of football in KU history.

RCJHKU!

#2036740 - 12/11/18 08:54 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to some fans, he had a horrible coach through his time at KU. He could have been an "all world" player had someone besides CB been his coach.

#2036741 - 12/11/18 09:17 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Joe Dineen improved in stats from a good junior year.

Converted Fullback in his freshman year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-dineen-1.html

#2036743 - 12/11/18 10:15 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: vmlb]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: vmlb
According to some fans, he had a horrible coach through his time at KU. He could have been an "all world" player had someone besides CB been his coach.

According to some fans, Dineen benefitted from a sucky defensive line, feasting on their leavings. So actually, crap coaching was an aid.

#2036746 - 12/11/18 11:31 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kirk

According to some fans, Dineen benefitted from a sucky defensive line, feasting on their leavings. So actually, crap coaching was an aid.
This

#2036753 - 12/11/18 03:21 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson

Bingo

#2036757 - 12/11/18 03:54 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

Bingo

Congratulations to Joe for the selection and honor. the best backers I've seen in my time following the Hawks are Steve Towle, (best all around) Terry Beason (bardest hitter by far) and Willie (best nose for the pigskin!) Joe Dineen was indeed a good one and will be missed.

#2036767 - 12/11/18 05:35 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Mike Rivera, Banks Floodman, Kevin Kane were all pretty solid as well. Through good times and bad KU always seems to have a good linebacker or two.

#2036771 - 12/11/18 06:34 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess Daniel Wise was bad. Didn't know that.
I've also heard it's the D line's job to keep the o line off the linebackers, so the backers can make the tackle.
Those former NFL players and coaches know nothing.

#2036776 - 12/11/18 07:58 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
2nd year in a row Dineen has earned All-American honors and 2nd year in a row we've got a thread with a bunch of KU fans diminishing Joe's accomplishments/skill level. Nice.

#2036783 - 12/11/18 09:09 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kman_blue]
Kirk Offline

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
2nd year in a row Dineen has earned All-American honors and 2nd year in a row we've got a thread with a bunch of KU fans diminishing Joe's accomplishments/skill level. Nice.

Read it how you like. I’m going to give credit to Joe himself and not Beaty’s coaching. (If you bother to read the thread for context.)

#2036784 - 12/11/18 09:14 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Local kid who became an excellent D-1 linebacker. He could have went to a lot of other places but stayed home and was a bright spot for KU football through some years that didn't have a lot of bright spots. Well done Joe Dineen.

#2036788 - 12/11/18 10:56 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas

Read it how you like. I’m going to give credit to Joe himself and not Beaty’s coaching. (If you bother to read the thread for context.)
I wasn't posting about you specifically, but I will say giving some credit to "crap coaching" or "a bad DL" is in fact diminishing some credit to Dineen for his own play.

It'd be nice IMHO if the first comment from some of our own fans could be an unqualified congratulations to Joe for this honor instead of coming up with some other reason besides Joe himself that either contributed to or explains (in their mind) why he got this honor for something other than just being a good LB.

#2036803 - 12/12/18 08:45 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kman_blue]
Kirk Offline

I wasn't posting about you specifically, but I will say giving some credit to "crap coaching" or "a bad DL" is in fact diminishing some credit to Dineen for his own play.

It'd be nice IMHO if the first comment from some of our own fans could be an unqualified congratulations to Joe for this honor instead of coming up with some other reason besides Joe himself that either contributed to or explains (in their mind) why he got this honor for something other than just being a good LB.

Welp, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, including in this thread, so I assume something hit a nerve with you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview