Loc: Trance Land
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article222914105.html

WR Moore from Purdue is fun to watch.

Doreen....wow!

#2036713 - 12/10/18 06:29 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
That is awesome! Well deserved and I wish he wouldn't have had to been there during the WORST stretch of football in KU history.

RCJHKU!

#2036740 - 12/11/18 08:54 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to some fans, he had a horrible coach through his time at KU. He could have been an "all world" player had someone besides CB been his coach.

#2036741 - 12/11/18 09:17 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Joe Dineen improved in stats from a good junior year.

Converted Fullback in his freshman year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-dineen-1.html

#2036743 - 12/11/18 10:15 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: vmlb]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: vmlb
According to some fans, he had a horrible coach through his time at KU. He could have been an "all world" player had someone besides CB been his coach.

According to some fans, Dineen benefitted from a sucky defensive line, feasting on their leavings. So actually, crap coaching was an aid.

#2036746 - 12/11/18 11:31 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kirk

According to some fans, Dineen benefitted from a sucky defensive line, feasting on their leavings. So actually, crap coaching was an aid.
This

#2036753 - 12/11/18 03:21 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson

Bingo

#2036757 - 12/11/18 03:54 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

Bingo

Congratulations to Joe for the selection and honor. the best backers I've seen in my time following the Hawks are Steve Towle, (best all around) Terry Beason (bardest hitter by far) and Willie (best nose for the pigskin!) Joe Dineen was indeed a good one and will be missed.

#2036767 - 12/11/18 05:35 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Mike Rivera, Banks Floodman, Kevin Kane were all pretty solid as well. Through good times and bad KU always seems to have a good linebacker or two.

#2036771 - 12/11/18 06:34 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess Daniel Wise was bad. Didn't know that.
I've also heard it's the D line's job to keep the o line off the linebackers, so the backers can make the tackle.
Those former NFL players and coaches know nothing.

#2036776 - 12/11/18 07:58 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
2nd year in a row Dineen has earned All-American honors and 2nd year in a row we've got a thread with a bunch of KU fans diminishing Joe's accomplishments/skill level. Nice.

#2036783 - 12/11/18 09:09 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kman_blue]
Kirk Offline

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
2nd year in a row Dineen has earned All-American honors and 2nd year in a row we've got a thread with a bunch of KU fans diminishing Joe's accomplishments/skill level. Nice.

Read it how you like. I’m going to give credit to Joe himself and not Beaty’s coaching. (If you bother to read the thread for context.)

#2036784 - 12/11/18 09:14 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Local kid who became an excellent D-1 linebacker. He could have went to a lot of other places but stayed home and was a bright spot for KU football through some years that didn't have a lot of bright spots. Well done Joe Dineen.

#2036788 - 12/11/18 10:56 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kirk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas

Read it how you like. I’m going to give credit to Joe himself and not Beaty’s coaching. (If you bother to read the thread for context.)
I wasn't posting about you specifically, but I will say giving some credit to "crap coaching" or "a bad DL" is in fact diminishing some credit to Dineen for his own play.

It'd be nice IMHO if the first comment from some of our own fans could be an unqualified congratulations to Joe for this honor instead of coming up with some other reason besides Joe himself that either contributed to or explains (in their mind) why he got this honor for something other than just being a good LB.

#2036803 - 12/12/18 08:45 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Kman_blue]
Kirk Offline

I wasn't posting about you specifically, but I will say giving some credit to "crap coaching" or "a bad DL" is in fact diminishing some credit to Dineen for his own play.

It'd be nice IMHO if the first comment from some of our own fans could be an unqualified congratulations to Joe for this honor instead of coming up with some other reason besides Joe himself that either contributed to or explains (in their mind) why he got this honor for something other than just being a good LB.

Welp, the response has been overwhelmingly positive, including in this thread, so I assume something hit a nerve with you.

#2040626 - 05/01/19 08:10 AM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/4/30/18524595/broncos-sign-10-college-free-agents

Broncos sign 10 college free agents: Joe Dineen
Will one of these 10 players become the next Phillip Lindsay, Chris Harris Jr., or Rod Smith?

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/apr/28/joe-dineen-eager-prove-himself-broncos-undrafted-f/

KU’s all-time leader in career tackles for loss (45.5), Dineen led all FBS players in solo tackles per game each of the past two years — 9.0 in 2018, and 7.8 in 2017. As a redshirt senior, he became a consensus first team All-Big 12 linebacker, as well as a second team All-American, according to the Associated Press and Sports Illustrated

#2040631 - 05/01/19 02:18 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: Maximus]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I wonder if Coach Betty can tell us all why Dineen and Wise were undrafted by the NFL?

While he ruined the prospects of the young men he "coached", (no wins!) he is busy earning it (suing KU who never s/h hired this slug as a HC). Yes, let's change this process whereby AD gives himself and his handpicked crony HC outrageous raises. Never again, dadgum it...

#2040661 - 05/05/19 12:47 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I wonder if Coach Betty can tell us all why Dineen and Wise were undrafted by the NFL?

While he ruined the prospects of the young men he "coached", (no wins!) he is busy earning it (suing KU who never s/h hired this slug as a HC). Yes, let's change this process whereby AD gives himself and his handpicked crony HC outrageous raises. Never again, dadgum it...

Slow 40 yard time test at the NFL Draft Combine in 2019 of at 5.28. Athletes who run 4.6 to 4.8 get drafted in that possession.

Jacqueline Suzanne

#2040662 - 05/05/19 07:30 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: KUCO_VOC]
PbBut Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
As for the players, I thought Wise would get drafted anywhere from the 4th round on. Teams are always looking for interior DL, even undersized ones. I don't know what his testing performance was like, but I have been suspect about our S&C program for years. Hopefully he will have some good results at the Cowboys camp if he actually isn't getting double-teamed constantly. I'm not surprised about Dineen, but he also has a chance, especially as a special teamer. For whatever numbers Dineen had, his production was over the top, and coaches love production more than anything else.

As for the other part, Sheahon Zenger will forever be remembered as the guy who hired Weis and Beaty, while at the same time firing Porter Moser at Illinois State, who later took the powerhouse Loyola Ramblers to the Final Four. Zenger is what nightmares are made of.

#2040666 - 05/06/19 06:51 PM Re: Joe Dineen All-American [Re: PbBut]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PbBut
As for the players, I'm not surprised about Dineen, but he also has a chance, especially as a special teamer. For whatever numbers Dineen had, his production was over the top, and coaches love production more than anything else.

I read that Dineen hold the KU records for tackle for a loss. Probably a stat just being recorded in the last ten years. I don't know what Dineen's 40 yard dash was, but that KU record stat says the KU has football ability and reaction time to make plays. Denver signed him as a Free agent. Probably will be a practice player somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview