Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036439 - 12/04/18 10:42 AM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
my personal favorite is ndsu's chris klieman. littrell is certainly high on the list. leavitt is the backup; he would certainly be the safest pick, but his age works against the hire.

klieman took over for a legend and continued the run at even higher levels. fargo is more like manhattan than most towns. klieman is a smash mouth/run game coach like snyder. and gene taylor hired him at ndsu, so there's a logical connection.

littrell wants the job. but i worry about ou being his ultimate goal. and why not?

i suspect we'll know within a week, maybe sunday/monday.

#2036451 - 12/04/18 03:24 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats
my personal favorite is ndsu's chris klieman. littrell is certainly high on the list. leavitt is the backup; he would certainly be the safest pick, but his age works against the hire.

klieman took over for a legend and continued the run at even higher levels. fargo is more like manhattan than most towns. klieman is a smash mouth/run game coach like snyder. and gene taylor hired him at ndsu, so there's a logical connection.

littrell wants the job. but i worry about ou being his ultimate goal. and why not?

i suspect we'll know within a week, maybe sunday/monday.

The only coach on your list who you don't need to worry about as using the job as a stepping stone is Leavitt, mainly BECAUSE of his age. And since Riley just got the OU job, Littrell won't look at that anytime soon if selected. In any case, Snyder was a Grand Slam Homerun hire back in 89. That isn't going to happen again...no one is going to stay 30 years anymore. Besides, 2048 will mean KSU fans who have absolutely no clue who Bill Snyder was except that someone "way back when" named an OLD stadium after the guy. Truly a shame how soon people forget or are not taught history. Only the most rabid fans will have a clue.............there are OU fans who "kinda know" about Switzer, very few who know of Wilkinson. Same with the Bugeaters who recall Championships with Osborne, but who is this Devaney guy people sometimes discuss? Unless you guys screw the pooch like we did on three straight hires and fall into complete disrepair for a decade, Snyder will be forgotten.

#2036454 - 12/04/18 04:13 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

nah, hard to forget a guy whose name is on the stadium and statue greets you walking in.

#2036455 - 12/04/18 05:03 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

nah, hard to forget a guy whose name is on the stadium and statue greets you walking in.

You are assuming you will have the same stadium in 30 years....... which will make the place 81 then and 60 years removed from Snyder's initial hiring. of the 50k on a game day crowd, only the name will mean anything to 40k, 5k will remember him walking the sideline and 5k won't care at all, provided the place isn't used for women's soccer only by then.

Go ask anyone under the age of 60 how good at QB were Lynn Dickey or Steve Grogan?
Me bets you get blank stares from 9 out of 10.

#2036456 - 12/04/18 05:17 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Ben Savallo
@bmsNTDaily
Inside sources say Seth Littrell is on his way to KState.

3:33 PM - Dec 4, 2018

#2036460 - 12/04/18 07:33 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: tmcats]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Ben Savallo
@bmsNTDaily

If so, congrats. I will break from the usual contemporary KU fan -- not unusual for me -- to say I hope KSU does well -- not TOO well -- and doesn't slide back into the pre-Snyder ditch. Littrell is a great get (if you got him.)

I might even be slightly jealous.

#2036462 - 12/04/18 07:41 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
Kirk Offline

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

You are assuming you will have the same stadium in 30 years....... which will make the place 81 then and 60 years removed from Snyder's initial hiring. of the 50k on a game day crowd, only the name will mean anything to 40k, 5k will remember him walking the sideline and 5k won't care at all, provided the place isn't used for women's soccer only by then.

Go ask anyone under the age of 60 how good at QB were Lynn Dickey or Steve Grogan?
Me bets you get blank stares from 9 out of 10.

Too true, in my observation. Todd Reesing is ancient history, Nolan is unknown.

Paul Pierce is ancient history, Danny Manning is something grandpa mentioned.

#2036539 - 12/07/18 01:31 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: tmcats]
Kirk Offline

Ben Savallo
@bmsNTDaily

I wonder what those sources are "inside?"

#2036556 - 12/07/18 05:24 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
LIttrell just withdrew.

#2036558 - 12/07/18 05:27 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: KUHawkhead]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
LIttrell just withdrew.

If I was picking, I'd go with Sean Snyder. The Cat's won't and will end up regretting it.

#2036560 - 12/07/18 06:25 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm glad Littrell didn't go to Kstate. If he went there and was successful, we'd never hear the end of "KU could have hired him and didn't 'cause our AD sucks".

#2036562 - 12/07/18 06:46 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: beenahawk]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
With Littrell out...sounds like Kleiman is the one

#2036569 - 12/07/18 07:45 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: AlOerter]
Kirk Offline

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I'm glad Littrell didn't go to Kstate. If he went there and was successful, we'd never hear the end of "KU could have hired him and didn't 'cause our AD sucks".

Agreed. I'm also glad we won't have to recruit against Littrell especially for in-state players.

This also kinda proves that Littrell is holding out to leapfrog the lower Big XII teams for his next gig. It had been said that he'd jump for any school in this conference, but that's not so.

I also think Miles will put together a better staff than Littrell might. Glad we've got him. I'm digging this SEC vibe.

#2036571 - 12/07/18 08:08 PM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
LIttrell just withdrew.
Errr...but it's PATTERSON!!!...I mean it's LITRELL!!!

Wow, how many times can those kitties get way out over their skis here on how good (or bad) of a job their HC opening really is.

Prince 2.0 come on down! grin

#2036695 - 12/10/18 11:19 AM Re: Bill Snyder [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
LIttrell just withdrew.
Errr...but it's PATTERSON!!!...I mean it's LITRELL!!!

Wow, how many times can those kitties get way out over their skis here on how good (or bad) of a job their HC opening really is.

Prince 2.0 come on down! grin

the source above is a north texas student website, not k-state.

and in case you missed it, ronaldo prince got the head gig at howard university, which should suit him and his abilities quite well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview