Page 34 of 34 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2038728 - 02/15/19 11:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Also with the new rules passed by the NCAA in regards to giving scholarships to walk-ons a school can now give a walk-on a scholarship without taking an initial counter (the annual 25 limit for those not sure what this means) after the walk-on has been in the program only 1 year. Under the previous rules a school had to wait 2 years.

Where did you read about that change? I did a online search and did not find anything about that change.

#2038744 - 02/16/19 11:08 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
The NCAA rules committee passed the new rule last April and it took effect in August of last year.

Here's the actual new rule,

15.5.6.3.5 Aid First Awarded After First Year. [FBS/FCS] A student-athlete who has been in residence at the certifying institution for at least one academic year may receive athletically related financial aid for the first time without such aid counting as an initial award, provided the aid falls within the overall grant limitation. (Adopted: 1/11/89, Revised: 1/10/90 effective 8/1/90, 4/25/18 effective 8/1/18)

The underlined part is the most important part that they amended.

#2038772 - 02/16/19 08:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

That is some good news. It should help Miles build up to 85 quicker and it will save the players some money too.

#2038909 - 02/23/19 03:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
The NCAA rules committee passed the new rule last April and it took effect in August of last year.

Here's the actual new rule,

15.5.6.3.5 Aid First Awarded After First Year. [FBS/FCS] A student-athlete who has been in residence at the certifying institution for at least one academic year may receive athletically related financial aid for the first time without such aid counting as an initial award, provided the aid falls within the overall grant limitation. (Adopted: 1/11/89, Revised: 1/10/90 effective 8/1/90, 4/25/18 effective 8/1/18)

The underlined part is the most important part that they amended.

I would rather just bypass the NCAA laws and do what smart wrestling alumni do in getting around scholarship limitations. KU may reference financial aid forms for a 3rd party in form of Grants, non-repayable funds or products disbursed or given by one party (grant maker).

A good loyal Kman might want to chair a foundation that provides scholarships to those who apply. No foundation is too small and money flows quickly from common group. A smart alumnus also follows rules and offers financial aid to all student for KU who apply. A lord of finance can conjure money out of thin air with funds-of-funds.

Maximus~A Financial Wizard

#2038953 - 02/24/19 02:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL!

We may have to "incorporate" and run this thing out of the Cayman Islands where the financial "rules" tend to be mere polite suggestions.

#2038954 - 02/24/19 03:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
LOL!

We may have to "incorporate" and run this thing out of the Cayman Islands where the financial "rules" tend to be mere polite suggestions.
Sorry but LLC is the better way. MBA here. No Kman Islands lol 😂

#2038969 - 02/24/19 06:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
LOL!

Sorry but LLC is the better way. MBA here. No Kman Islands lol 😂
You're assuming this thing would be a "legal" entity paying taxes or having identifiable assets.

Page 34 of 34 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34

Preview