Page 152 of 173 < 1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 172 173 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047252 - 03/08/20 12:16 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
No need to worry, I'll remind you I live in California and there is no possibility this state will go to Trump. If I lived in Arizona or New Mexico, that would be a different situation. I haven't decided who I will vote for yet, but it won't be Trump.

#2047258 - 03/08/20 01:38 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

True enough for the non-swing states.

#2047273 - 03/08/20 10:40 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
I finally got around to watching "Joker" tonight. Damn, Joachim Phoenix is nuts.

Then I checks in to see what is going on in the world today...... and wow, that's nuts.
Culture is a swampland of superstition, ignorance and abuse.

#2047278 - 03/09/20 08:39 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2047279 - 03/09/20 09:25 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

One thing I've noticed about most of the Bernie supporters is that they concede absolutely nothing. I treat them like I would a man holding a gun on me, very respectful and understanding of their desires and goals, while at the same time trying to point out that, well, maybe they're NOT right about everything and maybe OTHER people's points of view ought to at least be considered. So I always make sure and tell them how much I admire their passion and how much I appreciate their frustrations and their goals but that maybe just maybe revolution has to happen in increments and that nothing will ever change if one side isn't willing to talk to the other side.
Kid gloves, in other words.
The inevitable response is to just keep pushing harder and harder for everything they know is right. Never a step back from the brink to maybe consider political reality or to consider that its actually okay for others to not be fully on board with their way of going about things.
Never a concession. Just, you've been bought by the corporate interests, etc.
There's a word for that type of behavior and it begins with C and ends with T (but there's an 'L', not an 'N' in the word).

#2047281 - 03/09/20 11:41 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alex I would like to solve the puzzle, "It can clog the arteries of society and cause a stroke".

C L O T ; CLOT!

#2047283 - 03/09/20 12:10 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Sorry, it's Celt.

mudder fluffin' Irish!

#2047290 - 03/09/20 01:32 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

But I love their dancing, it is so traditional and gender norm reinforcing.

I think we should acknowledge that the Celts originated in Central America, they crossed the borders into Ireland illegally and infiltrated the society and are trying to replace real Irish traditions like the Rivierdance dance stuff. Riverdance is truly Irish and not Celtic.

#2047299 - 03/09/20 06:50 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I heard that everybody at the Biden rally in Detroit is getting spritzed with hand sanitizer on their way in the door!

I wonder if it's that cheap prison labor sanitizer they are producing in NY. I heard it smells like Harvey Weinstein's cologne.

#2047300 - 03/09/20 06:54 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Wife and I went to Ralphs yesterday. We laughed we when saw all the bottled water in the big packs was gone. Fortunately, we have a ton of water that we always have ready in our home, but we have it ready in case of a severe earthquake. Should that happen right now on top of everything else, Good Lord....

#2047301 - 03/09/20 08:06 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2047333 - 03/11/20 05:03 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe someone can suggest the trumpublican cult watch one of the documentaries on Jim Jones and see how that turned out.....In a Fox Business Network interview Wednesday, Trump campaign spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany claimed, without evidence, that political considerations — and not coronavirus concerns — are the reason Biden has canceled his recent events.

“Joe Biden is looking for an excuse to get off the campaign trail, and let me just add, the media’s best hope is for Donald Trump to suspend his rallies,” McEnany said. “They’ve been wanting him to stop this, they know it’s his avenue to speak directly to the American people. So, we’re going to follow the president’s lead; we’re not going to cave to the media. And Joe Biden, we’re certainly not going to follow his lead as he tries to hide from the American people.”

Biden and Sanders called off their Tuesday night campaign rallies in Ohio after Mike DeWine, the state’s Republican governor, suggested that the campaigns to do so in an effort to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

McEnany also defended Trump’s decision to continue holding large campaign rallies despite the advice of experts, including Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

“The president is the best authority on this issue,” McEnany said. “He takes into consult the words of everyone around him. That would include [Health and Human Services Secretary] Alex Azar; that would include Dr. Fauci; that would include others. So, I’ll leave it to the president. Right now, we’re proceeding as normal.”
She also said that there is no need for Trump to stop shaking hands with supporters, arguing that it’s part of the president’s job.

“He’s taking precautions, he’s washing his hands — we’re all doing that, but he’s a man of the people, he talks to the people, he shakes their hands. That’s the nature of the business,” she said.

You read that right, repeat after me, "The President is the best authority on this issue." Fox News, helping spread the good word wherever they can.

#2047336 - 03/11/20 05:29 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I see he’s asking for $40 billion in emergency money. Meaning ... we’re finally getting that fluffin’ wall!

#2047337 - 03/11/20 05:39 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Oh the irony.....The White House on Wednesday sought help from Amazon, Google and other tech giants in the fight against the coronavirus, hoping that Silicon Valley might augment the government’s efforts to track the outbreak, disseminate accurate information and assist Americans who are out of work or school.

The requests came during a roughly two-hour-long meeting between top Trump administration aides, leading federal health authorities and representatives from companies including Cisco, Facebook, IBM, Microsoft and Twitter, as Washington sought to leverage the tech industry’s powerful tools to connect workers and analyze data to combat an outbreak that has already infected more than 1,000 in the United States.

“Cutting edge technology companies and major online platforms will play a critical role in this all-hands-on-deck effort,” Michael Kratsios, the White House’s chief technology officer, said in a statement. “Today’s meeting outlined an initial path forward and we intend to continue this important conversation.”

During the session, which participants described as a collegial brainstorm, White House officials urged the tech industry to coordinate its efforts to stop the spread of coronavirus conspiracy theories on major social media sites, urging the companies to swap intelligence about harmful hoaxes before they go viral, the three participants said.

The Trump administration did not single out any company or fault the industry for its practices. But its requests for better coordination came weeks after an unpublished State Department report found millions of tweets peddled falsehoods about the deadly outbreak abroad. The Washington Post first reported on the document last month.

Now they are worried about tweets peddling falsehoods?

#2047338 - 03/11/20 05:59 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Did you mean “decimate” accurate information?

Page 152 of 173 < 1 2 ... 150 151 152 153 154 ... 172 173 >

Preview