Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036136 - 11/26/18 02:45 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: 58hawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Kingsbury would make a great OC here. He knows the Air Raid which is what Miles is lacking.

Running schemes and trick plays with Miles.

Megan Daniels

#2036138 - 11/26/18 03:06 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I just watched the clip. A little disturbing, but one also has to remember that he had just come off all weekend contract negotiations and decisions about uprooting his whole family to come to Lawrence and the pressures and obvious self questioning of whether he is up to the task or not. I'll wait to see what he is like on the sidelines before I question is mental status. Hell, I have moments like that every couple of days and none of my pts has ever accused me of having dimentia.

RCJHKU!

#2036139 - 11/26/18 04:02 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: KUHawkhead]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I just watched the clip. A little disturbing, but one also has to remember that he had just come off all weekend contract negotiations and decisions about uprooting his whole family to come to Lawrence and the pressures and obvious self questioning of whether he is up to the task or not. I'll wait to see what he is like on the sidelines before I question is mental status. Hell, I have moments like that every couple of days and none of my pts has ever accused me of having dimentia.

RCJHKU!

Do they all have dementia? Nice spelling BTW, HH.. LOL

#2036140 - 11/26/18 04:10 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: KUHawkhead]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin

RCJHKU!

It IS a little disturbing, isn't it? And yet the guys on this board are all menstruating like crazy and calling me disrespectful and asking that I be banned!

It's kinda awesome.

I actually suspect that you DON'T have days like that.

Whether Miles suffers from "dementia", I don't know. I'm not doctor. I've heard of "mini-strokes. Or maybe it's some kind of pharmaceutical haze. I hope he's OK, for his sake.

I just know that that level of mental falling-through-a-hole is eff'd up, especially when you're on the job, onstage, and discussing your own area of expertise.

I mean...I can't find examples of Miles doing it in his past positions, nor of other coaches or -- any professional -- doing that unless there's an issue.

The freaked out ladies on their rag will now resume their spectacular B&M'ing.

#2036141 - 11/26/18 04:20 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kirk

RCJHKU!

It IS a little disturbing, isn't it? And yet the guys on this board are all menstruating like crazy and calling me disrespectful and asking that I be banned!

It's kinda awesome.

I actually suspect that you DON'T have days like that.

Whether Miles suffers from "dementia", I don't know. I'm not doctor. I've heard of "mini-strokes. Or maybe it's some kind of pharmaceutical haze. I hope he's OK, for his sake.

I just know that that level of mental falling-through-a-hole is eff'd up, especially when you're on the job, onstage, and discussing your own area of expertise.

I mean...I can't find examples of Miles doing it in his past positions, nor of other coaches or -- any professional -- doing that unless there's an issue.

Are you kidding me? Turner Gill says hello. These guys are college football coaches, NOT Rhodes scholars.

#2036149 - 11/26/18 06:55 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
Kirk Offline

You don’t have to be a Rhodes scholar to be able to avoid going into a dark mental vacuum during a press conference. The guy was unable to think. At all.

Watch the vid, at 23:00.

And then I challenge you to post someone else doing something similar while speaking within their own area of expertise, on the job, not drunk.

I mean, it’s so common, right?

Should be easy.

#2036150 - 11/26/18 07:22 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I heard Blair Kerkhoff of the KC Star, who was at the press conference, say Miles' pause was a little awkward but that he took it as he was just trying to be ultra careful not to say the wrong thing.

As for not being a candidate for the other coaching openings, Miles has been one of the hottest names floating around for the last couple of years. But many think since KU hired him he must not be worth a crap.

I don't think he would have any trouble finding a job if he wasn't here.

#2036152 - 11/26/18 07:29 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I watch the press conference and listened to Hawktalk. I am not concerned. Why would I search for videos when I am not concerned?

#2036153 - 11/26/18 07:37 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I listened to Hawktalk and he sounded much more relaxed and personable. He was telling stories and joking with Hanni.

Moose has it right. Nothing to be concerned about. Let's judge him by what happens on the field next fall.

#2036156 - 11/26/18 08:15 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
I heard Blair Kerkhoff of the KC Star, who was at the press conference, say Miles' pause was a little awkward but that he took it as he was just trying to be ultra careful not to say the wrong thing.

As for not being a candidate for the other coaching openings, Miles has been one of the hottest names floating around for the last couple of years. But many think since KU hired him he must not be worth a crap.

I don't think he would have any trouble finding a job if he wasn't here.

Heard today that USC is still interested in Hiring Miles so yeah he is a hot commodity

Edited by Josh2408 (11/26/18 08:16 PM)

#2036162 - 11/27/18 10:19 AM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

The factors involved have been discussed about the video, but the reality is that Miles has miles to go to get this program off the ground. He probably was thinking about it as he was answering to get the maximum exposure from the media event. If he got thru this, he was thinking, then he could do what he does best. Hire a staff, recruit kids at the same time, thinking about early commitment period in December, etc. Riding a bike is easy if you have done it before. Beaty's bike was too hard to master for him. On the rag? Not willing to go there...

#2036168 - 11/27/18 11:11 AM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
Kirk Offline

I’m not sure what you’re saying, but you sound reasonable at least, which is not on the rag, and therefore refreshing.

#2036171 - 11/27/18 12:04 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I’m not sure what you’re saying, but you sound reasonable at least, which is not on the rag, and therefore refreshing.
The upshot of my post was that the new coach would not have been hired if he truly had a mental deficiency due to age. Many unknown factors here. Let's give him a fair shot before the criticisms begin!

#2036177 - 11/27/18 02:57 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kirk Offline

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
The upshot of my post was that the new coach would not have been hired if he truly had a mental deficiency due to age. Many unknown factors here. Let's give him a fair shot before the criticisms begin!

I’d like to think so, but I’ve seen too much.

As I’ve said though, he’ll be a very good CEO guy. What we need now.

#2036180 - 11/27/18 04:20 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

I’d like to think so, but I’ve seen too much.

As I’ve said though, he’ll be a very good CEO guy. What we need now.

He is gonna be a very good Head Coach for us which is what we need now

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview