Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036085 - 11/25/18 12:56 PM Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kingsbury out at T Tech. Fedora out at UNC. Maryland still looking. Others certainly still to come.

Glad we got Miles when we did.

Edited by AlOerter (11/25/18 12:57 PM)

#2036087 - 11/25/18 02:04 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Kingsbury would make a great OC here. He knows the Air Raid which is what Miles is lacking.

#2036088 - 11/25/18 03:22 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Austin
Not sure Miles would have been a good prospect for those other schools. Sixty-five years old with young-onset dementia. Those programs are way ahead of where KU is. But he IS a good fit for us at this particular time. A CEO type that will hire good coordinators, create buzz, jumpstart recruiting, get us to .500 seasons within 5 years and retire, leaving us in a good spot for a younger, more up-to-date HC.

#2036090 - 11/25/18 03:54 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
You're an idiot...

#2036091 - 11/25/18 04:20 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

I’m happy Miles is here. His press conference was jarring; the man has a problem. But he’ll be a fine CEO type coach for awhile.

But if you think those long blankouts at the presser were normal, I question your judgment. Not that I care. Flame away.

#2036092 - 11/25/18 04:45 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
He has had those same blankouts since he was an assistant at Michigan.

#2036093 - 11/25/18 04:53 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

To Kirk:
Why do you insist on saying those cruel things? I had a sister die as a result of Alzheimer's, and there is nothing cute or clever about it. It is more than inappropriate for you to try to generate this terrible rumor.

Edited by oldalum (11/25/18 04:54 PM)

#2036094 - 11/25/18 05:20 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kirk
Not sure Miles would have been a good prospect for those other schools. Sixty-five years old with young-onset dementia. Those programs are way ahead of where KU is. But he IS a good fit for us at this particular time. A CEO type that will hire good coordinators, create buzz, jumpstart recruiting, get us to .500 seasons within 5 years and retire, leaving us in a good spot for a younger, more up-to-date HC.

Why don't you send an email to Girod about your concerns with Miles having symptoms of dementia? With Girod's medical background he could line up Miles for diagnosis and, if your concerns are validated, treatment to help with it. That would be a more productive action to take than yapping about it on a message board.

Edited by pizzanbeer (11/25/18 05:27 PM)

#2036095 - 11/25/18 05:38 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: Kirk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kirk
I’m happy Miles is here. His press conference was jarring; the man has a problem. But he’ll be a fine CEO type coach for awhile.

But if you think those long blankouts at the presser were normal, I question your judgment. Not that I care. Flame away.

You are never going to be happy are you Kirk? You are like those long suffering Cubs and Red Sox fans that reveled in the fact that they were bad before they won the Series.

The guy had a couple long pauses, by my count two, in an hour press conference. Every other time he spoke lucidly. As a matter of fact he made more sense than any of the last three coaches. Hell you yourself were only able to point out one example.

We could have the next Nick Saban, and you wouldn't be happy. That might mean KU would be a winner, the stands would be packed, and tickets would cost too much. That might mean KU would get a new stadium, and it would not have the memories of the old one.

#2036096 - 11/25/18 05:47 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: oldalum]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: oldalum
To Kirk:
Why do you insist on saying those cruel things? I had a sister die as a result of Alzheimer's, and there is nothing cute or clever about it. It is more than inappropriate for you to try to generate this terrible rumor.
Kirk may be exhibiting some other medical issues including bizarre anger outbursts at inappropriate times. Sorry to hear about your sis oldalum.

#2036097 - 11/25/18 07:11 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Ban Kirk...

#2036098 - 11/25/18 08:06 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: moose1]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

As I said, I’m psyched about the Miles hire. He’s right for us, now. Original post said certain other programs would have sought him as HC. I don’t agree. I think there is a good reason for most relatively successful programs to look elsewhere.

For those of you who think I take Miles’s situation lightly or with any disrespect, you’re getting the wrong idea. My family too has cases of dementia. And Miles’s little pauses, those charming little mental absences? That’s what it looks like. That’s what it is. And Alzheimer’s is only one version of it.

#2036099 - 11/25/18 08:23 PM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: madcapper]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: madcapper
He has had those same blankouts since he was an assistant at Michigan.

Blankouts on the same level as the KU press conference, like at 23:20, below? Back at Michigan? He is extraordinary.

Please post examples.

https://youtu.be/IrJHPtUVshE

#2036109 - 11/26/18 05:04 AM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: AlOerter]
madcapper Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Ozarks
Just an article i read on internet i'm sure you can find it if you look.

#2036129 - 11/26/18 11:23 AM Re: Good Thing Miles Hired Quickly [Re: madcapper]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Originally Posted By: madcapper
Just an article i read on internet i'm sure you can find it if you look.

Ha! Okay.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview