Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036026 - 11/23/18 03:08 PM Farewell Coach Beaty and staff.
Goober Offline
Prairie Warrior

While the David Beaty era was certainly a disappointment, when it comes to the win/loss record, I do wish him well. He has handled the last three weeks with class. His team played hard, which says a lot about the staff and the kids that play for them. I believe the team is in better shape than when he took over. I wish the staff nothing but the best as they move forward. All that being said, it was no doubt a change that had to be made and I'm really excited for the Les Miles era to start. Rock Chalk!

#2036028 - 11/23/18 03:44 PM Re: Farewell Coach Beaty and staff. [Re: Goober]
Kirk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Austin
So glad that the Beaty era, and the post-Mangino era of garbage head coaches, is over.

#2036031 - 11/23/18 06:22 PM Re: Farewell Coach Beaty and staff. [Re: Goober]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
You nailed it right there Goober!

#2036106 - 11/25/18 10:26 PM Re: Farewell Coach Beaty and staff. [Re: Goober]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Apparently Beaty is already down in Austin helping the cattle prep for their game against OU in the Big 12 Championship game.

I also echo the sentiments about coach Beaty. He gave it his all and genuinely loved KU and the city of Lawrence. The pot shots taken at him about merely collecting a paycheck at the expense of KU are and were way off base. He simply failed to get the job done despite his best efforts.

Wish him the best and I'm cautiously optimistic about coach Miles and what he can do here at KU. I think he'll have us competitive in most games we play next year with an actual chance of becoming bowl eligible.

Preview