Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036286 - 11/30/18 07:57 AM Re: Football staff [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
If I were him I'd spell my first name with a C. Optics. Just sayin...
smile
I hope Kliff's middle name isn't another K name. That's bad optics as well.

#2036288 - 11/30/18 08:07 AM Re: Football staff [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: vmlb
Amazing how people think everyone thinks and feels like they do.
Examples: Players and coaches will want to stay because Les is so much better than DB. Players will want to stay because KU is such a great place. They think players signed to play at KU because of the school or the city. News flash: they signed because they wanted to play for DB and his staff. If Hull or any of the players want to leave, the fans should not be offended or upset.
Nobody here seems offended about the players or coaches leaving or not leaving. Except for DB leaving, which is making everyone happy about his leaving.

WTF are you talking about?

#2036490 - 12/05/18 05:10 PM Re: Football staff [Re: Josh2408]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Ive read that Beaty is getting a job on the Texas Longhorn Staff ahead of the Championship Game, good on him for finding employment, I wish him well in his future endeavors.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...klahoma-sooners

That worked out really well.....

#2036541 - 12/07/18 03:02 PM Re: Football staff [Re: Kman_blue]
Magicman Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Don't think Bowen is going to be retained as I've been hearing Miles has been in contact with a few different potential DC's already.

Miles did interview all of the previous staff that wanted a chance to stay though and at least 1 or 2 have been retained so far. Haven't heard that Bowen is one of them.

Would like to see us keep Bill Miller. He's one of the best in the business coaching linebackers.

#2036542 - 12/07/18 03:21 PM Re: Football staff [Re: DrGreydog]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
Luke Meadows from Eastern Michigan is new OL coach. Worked with Coach Lindsey before

Edited by DrGreydog (12/07/18 04:40 PM)

#2036543 - 12/07/18 03:25 PM Re: Football staff [Re: Magicman]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Magicman
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Don't think Bowen is going to be retained as I've been hearing Miles has been in contact with a few different potential DC's already.

Miles did interview all of the previous staff that wanted a chance to stay though and at least 1 or 2 have been retained so far. Haven't heard that Bowen is one of them.

Would like to see us keep Bill Miller. He's one of the best in the business coaching linebackers.

Miller is good as a LB coach and personally, I think Bowen is good as a DC. KU hasn't exactly recruited top talent on defense and I think Bowen did well with the hand dealt, especially when one looks at how pathetic the offense was and how much time the D spent on the field these past four years. Clint's love of KU should be awarded with SOMETHING, somewhere!

#2036574 - 12/07/18 08:24 PM Re: Football staff [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Miller is good as a LB coach and personally, I think Bowen is good as a DC. KU hasn't exactly recruited top talent on defense and I think Bowen did well with the hand dealt, especially when one looks at how pathetic the offense was and how much time the D spent on the field these past four years. Clint's love of KU should be awarded with SOMETHING, somewhere!
I too really like coach Miller and it's been known he wants to retire at KU/in Lawrence so I bet he wants to stay on.

Also hearing that Bowen wants to stay on at KU/in Lawrence and is willing to stay on at just about any level that Miles is willing to keep him on at.

Last I heard coach Hull will be retained if he chooses to stay, but also hearing he's been getting a good amount of interest from some other programs. Don't think he or KU have made a final decision one way or the other yet. I'd love for him to stay as I think he's not only a very good recruiter (something Miles has said he wants in all of his assistant coaches) but I think he's also a very good coach.

I also like Woodfin quite a bit, but have been hearing some other names being floated around as S&C coaches. Believe he and Lindsey know each other already from previous jobs and that may help, but I really haven't heard 1 way or the other if he'll have the chance to stay on or not.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview