Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035836 - 11/18/18 09:58 PM Takeaways From the Press Conf/Hawktalk
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Several things jumped out to me:

Jeff Long talking about comparing the rest of the staff to other schools, and how KU had to improve in that area. He also told Coach Miles he would get those resources.

When asked about offensive style Coach Miles talked about having a system fit the players, not the other way around. I love that! I always thought Coach Beaty tried to force his system on his personnel. Coach Miles also said he did recognize that he has to examine what he did and make changes.

Coach talked about getting scholarships to 85 with quality kids, and using JUCOs only in emergency.

Recruiting would be in a 500 mile radius with a few other cities in Texas, and other parts of the country as needed.

During the Hawktalk show he said he had already heard from a number of high school coaches asking how they could help the Coach.

He talked about thoughtfully interviewing the current assistant coaches. He wanted their input because they knew the players, and he may retain a few.

Overall I liked what he had to say football wise.

I have felt better with what Miles had to say compared to Gill, Weis and Beaty. Maybe he won't be successful. After all it is KU football. That said right now I feel good about the direction of KU football, and that is the first time in a LOOOONG time.

#2035838 - 11/18/18 10:10 PM Re: Takeaways From the Press Conf/Hawktalk [Re: moose1]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
I'm very confident he will put together a strong staff and get the program turned around. He will recruit well. I think he's an excellent choice as a CEO who can head up a change in the atmosphere around KU football.

#2035845 - 11/19/18 06:25 AM Re: Takeaways From the Press Conf/Hawktalk [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Long brought in a heavy hitter on the national scene for years. We needed someone like LM to bring KU football back to BG12 standards, at least. It will take time and change is always difficult to accept but let's do it!

Preview