Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2036581 - 12/08/18 12:35 AM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
I really hope we upgrade the strength and conditioning staff it appeared to be god awful at times

I think Woodfin was at Southern Miss when Lindsey and Meadows were there. Maybe that will mean Miles keeps Woodfin.

#2036604 - 12/08/18 03:35 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Do you think the DC will be a home run hire also? who are you hoping for?
Hard to say for me really as being a DC in the Big 12 is a whole different animal than being a DC in just about any other conference IMO with all of the high powered O's. I don't really have a favorite among the names I've heard so far. Some look a little better than others, but nobody is really sticking out to me either because I don't know enough about them or I don't know enough about the circumstances of the teams they've coached at previously.

A DC could look really great at say an Alabama (co-DC there has been mentioned as a possibility for the KU DC job actually) but be a mediocre DC getting the benefit of having a ton of great players playing for him or look great at a school who plays a consistently weak schedule. Vice versa of course could be true too. I just haven't spent enough time looking into the specifics of the backgrounds of the guys I've heard about over the past couple weeks.

#2036608 - 12/08/18 04:21 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
"or look great at a school who plays a consistently weak schedule. Vice versa of course could be true too."
Is that meant to be a defense for Bowens. smile

#2036615 - 12/08/18 07:42 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: appyhawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
"or look great at a school who plays a consistently weak schedule. Vice versa of course could be true too."
Is that meant to be a defense for Bowens. smile
LOL Nah, didn't have him in mind when I typed that.

I have heard from quite a few people since Beaty's firing though about they thought Bowen was a lot better coach than he was getting credit for being because of our tough conference. I only mention that now because you brought him up and not because I agree or disagree with that statement. It'll be interesting to see if he's retained in some capacity or not and if not where he goes and how he does.

If he goes somewhere else and does poorly, you'll have a lot of people around here saying "I told you so" and if he does well somewhere else you'll have a lot of people around here saying "KU f'ed up and our AD continues to screw over the football program because we don't give good coaches what they need to succeed" or something similar. Many of those people for either scenario will be the same people too. LOL

#2036617 - 12/08/18 07:46 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I think Bowen has gotten a raw deal at KU. That said it is time to start fresh.

#2036618 - 12/08/18 07:57 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
"... if he (Bowen) does well somewhere else you'll have a lot of people around here saying "KU f'ed up..." kman, only YOU will say it. He will be at a lower level program and then his poor teaching skills won't matter. This era was a dumpster fire with Bowen/Beaty.

#2036651 - 12/09/18 08:02 AM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
It was, but it burned a little less bright than the preceding Herpe Derp Gill and Chaz Frontbutt.

RCJHKU!

#2036659 - 12/09/18 04:19 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: moose1]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: moose1
Why do you say that?

#2036668 - 12/09/18 05:54 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: 58hawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: moose1
Why do you say that?

Raw deal might have been harsh. I just meant I think he did well with what he was given. Given some help on offense to keep the defense off the field I think KUs defense would have been decent all things considered. Part of me wouldn’t mind having him stay. That said KU just needs a complete reboot with the only assistant coach coach from the old team b in possibly Tony Hull.

#2036669 - 12/09/18 06:09 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Need a clean break from Bowen. I like him, he's true blue KU and has worked his tail off. The numbers just aren't there to back him and I have to believe that Miles will come up with someone that will do better.

I don't think a chance to play D for Clint Bowen will impress many higher level recruits. Maybe some kind of administrative job if he wants to stay.

#2036675 - 12/09/18 07:46 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: AlOerter]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Need a clean break from Bowen. I like him, he's true blue KU and has worked his tail off. The numbers just aren't there to back him and I have to believe that Miles will come up with someone that will do better.

I don't think a chance to play D for Clint Bowen will impress many higher level recruits. Maybe some kind of administrative job if he wants to stay.

I think Bowen would be a hell of a Spread Analyst for us kinda like Brad Childress was for the Chiefs

#2036677 - 12/09/18 08:05 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

CB wasn't great, but he also wasn't as bad as many of his "haters" thought. Many games where the d gave up 50+ points, yet the o never got the ball past midfield. I still think he would have been a better HC than DB, which isn't saying much. It's time for a change at this point.

#2036681 - 12/09/18 09:00 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
SPHawks Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KS
Sounds like D.J. Eliot will be introduced as the Defensive Coordinator tomorrow.

Spent the last 2 seasons at Colorado.

#2036682 - 12/09/18 09:19 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Colorado was 5 - 7 this season and finished 6th in the South Division, Looking at some of their Scores at first glance it would appear the defense did pretty good for Colorado, they only got Blown out in 2 games. 1. Washington State 31 - 7 and 2. Utah Utes 30 - 7.

#2036683 - 12/09/18 10:04 PM Re: Coordinators [Re: Josh2408]
DrGreydog Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Topeka
Thinking the defense is going to be a work in progress next year...need to replace Daniel Wise and that won't be easy

Edited by DrGreydog (12/09/18 10:06 PM)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview