Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035842 - 11/18/18 11:30 PM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: oldalum]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: oldalum
Don't you think something like that would have been picked up by the people conducting the job interviews? They spent a lot of time with him, and didn't just see a TV interview.

I'd hope so.

But these past couple years, Miles was reported to be a "bad interview", as mentioned earlier in the thread. I hope there's nothing to this.

Not that KU would ever crap itself hiring a coach. Or anything.

#2035843 - 11/19/18 12:21 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

It looked to me like Les experienced some anxiety answering questions at the press conference which caused him to freeze up on a few questions. However he did a great job answering questions on HawkTalk. I believe the difference was on HawkTalk they started with personal history questions about his family which allowed Les to relax. Then he gave much better answers to all of the questions during that interview. If anyone has not listened to HawkTalk where they interviewed Les then I recommend you give that a listen. There was a lot of good information that Les provided.

#2035844 - 11/19/18 01:35 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
Kirk Offline

^ That would fit the basic pattern. Good moments are about what’s nearest to hand and heart like family; bad moments are about abstract ideas and the latest news. Each individual is somewhat unique though.

#2035850 - 11/19/18 10:25 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Wtf Kirk ...you trying to be a Debbie Downer about Miles before he coaches one damn game. Unless he runs the towel boy in a clown suit to play quarterback in the first game next season I aint going to worry it.

Did you do the same when you heard Self go " uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh this is uh uh the uh uh greatest place uh uh in all uh uh of college uh uh basketball". So cool your jets until Les does something truly bizarre.

#2035851 - 11/19/18 10:50 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: PHOGUSHER]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Thanks gusher, I needed that. Be happy 😃... don’t worry

#2035853 - 11/19/18 10:53 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
Kirk Offline

I ain’t worried. I think Les as CEO type coach will turn KU around — as I said above. I’m concerned for the man himself. Because that isn’t normal. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

#2035857 - 11/19/18 11:30 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Thanks for the tip pizzabeer. I'll try to look that up.

There's a lot about Miles I don't know. I do know he's got a great record and that he's our guy, so that's what I'm gonna go with and I'll support him with best intent until he proves he doesn't deserve it.
Rock Chock, and go get em Coach Miles!

#2035858 - 11/19/18 11:32 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Its ok to be concerned but again until he does something bizarre it will be then I will become concerned. He did state he thought Memorial Stadium was beautiful. Hey maybe I should be worried...lol..because that place is a dump....

Edited by PHOGUSHER (11/19/18 11:33 AM)

#2035861 - 11/19/18 11:54 AM Re: Anybody else notice during today's Q & A [Re: Kirk]
Kirk Offline

Ha! But game day on the KU campus is freaking gorgeous. That’s what he meant. When you’re inside the stadium, you’re looking at beautiful trees in fall foliage on the hill, the campanile, and the river valley to the north and it kicks butt.

LSU is a behemoth in a huge parking lot and nothing else. I haven’t been in Stillwater in decades, but I don’t think it was much better. Lawrence can hit a guy the right way.

The literal stadium itself may be a dump, but Zenger was wrong to start there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview