Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035818 - 11/18/18 07:07 PM A First for KU!
prairiehawk Offline
John Brown

Loc: KS
I have been a Jayhawk for more than half a century (60years), and I have never, never seen dear old KU have ALL three essential elements to having a great football program present at one time. 1) A great Chancellor (one who wants and supports having a great football program and is willing to work for it, and also sees the value to the university), 2) A great AD (one who wants and knows how to develop and maintain a great football program), and 3) A great football coach (one who has the resume, skills, and has been there). This is a FIRST for KU! WOW what an opportunity for us to finally have a top notch football program!

I do not know how this will turn out, but now we have the most important people on board to give us a real opportunity to make this happen big, big time. With the exception of the stadium upgrade, which is on the horizon, KU has great facilities (weight room, indoor work-out field, locker rooms, etc.), and the resources. So the ball is in our hands as fans. Hopefully, the KU faithful will do three things: Be patient, be supportive, and be there. And be there could even mean this Friday for the Texas game. What a wonderful time to be a Jayhawk! Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Edited by prairiehawk (11/18/18 11:46 PM)

#2035819 - 11/18/18 07:34 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Great post.... throw in Snyder’s reign of domination is coming to an end... we have gone from the outhouse to the penthouse in a few days. Can’t wait to see if we can salvage our recruiting this year.

#2035847 - 11/19/18 06:32 AM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Not so sure Old Balls will be retiring as you all believe. His demise will be slow and painful for KSU boosters IMO. The combo mentioned above by Prairie is something that I agree with 100%. Have seen a lot of trios of upper management over the years (decades) at Kansas, can't recall a better one potentially.

#2035869 - 11/19/18 02:35 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
bighawk84 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: USA
I agree with you on this but think if Miles out recruits him in state like Mangino did and wins a few games against him like Mangino did then ole balls will tuck his tail between his legs and run like he did before.

#2035881 - 11/19/18 08:38 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I would bet my life he is done after Saturday. If not, we will dominate very quickly.

RCJHKU!

#2035892 - 11/20/18 12:28 AM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
prairiehawk Offline
John Brown

Loc: KS
Friends of mine that are K-Staters say this season will be the end for the old coach, even if the Wildcats win against ISU. The choice may not be his anymore. They are really concerned because he is the ONLY coach to win at KSU, but the time has come to move on. Also, several of their potential candidates are now off the board, so they are becoming alarmed about the program in the near future. Like they say to me, "they could not bear to see things turn into what happened at KU the last decade." That just simply terrifies them. They have been there before, even though it was quite some time ago, they remember the pain. For me, none of what is happening in Manhattan has my focus. I want to see KU develop an outstanding football program to eventually challenge and win against OU, West Virginia, OSU, and Texas. My goal would be winning bowl games and then league championships. So KSU is rather irrelevant to me. Its the bigger picture of which I am interested. I know we have a long way to go, and the new era hasn't even begun, but if you are going to dream and plan, why not do it in a big way! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Edited by prairiehawk (11/20/18 12:35 AM)

#2035905 - 11/20/18 11:49 AM Re: A First for KU! [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I would bet my life he is done after Saturday. If not, we will dominate very quickly.

RCJHKU!

If you're gonna bet, put up something of value. LOL

#2035907 - 11/20/18 11:54 AM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kinda funny how KU-MM fans think BS should be fired.
I hope they push him out. One "bad" year and they want to kick him off campus.
He is breaking in a new staff this year. If he stays on, they will get better.

#2035908 - 11/20/18 12:49 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
With what BS has done for KSU, he deserves to go out on his own terms.

That said he needs to go. No one wants to see him die on the job. In talking with friends that are KSU fans, almost to a man they all agree Snyder needs to go.

Time catches up with us all.

#2035911 - 11/20/18 03:02 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Hopefully they are working behind the scenes and putting out feelers for the best possible replacement. Of course, that is a difficult thing to do when Snyder is still the head coach.

I guess coaching is a little like the US supreme court; you can stay there well past your ability to be competent.

#2035912 - 11/20/18 03:07 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Any chance of his son taking over as he has wanted? I can't see it myself.

#2035917 - 11/20/18 05:29 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I would support the special needs coach for KSU. Err, teams is what I meant.

#2035920 - 11/20/18 06:07 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: oldalum]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: oldalum
Any chance of his son taking over as he has wanted? I can't see it myself.
That would alienate half of the fan base.

#2035922 - 11/20/18 07:26 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
PbBut Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: 66227
I've had this conversation with some neighbors over the last couple of years. Their concern is a repeat of Prince...or worse. One buddy confided that when Snyder was hired they had "nothing to lose, " today they have "everything to lose".

#2035923 - 11/20/18 07:32 PM Re: A First for KU! [Re: prairiehawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
I loved the Ron Prince years!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview