Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035804 - 11/18/18 02:38 PM Re: Expectations for Miles [Re: 58hawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
I don't know who scheduled Boston College but that person should have their head examined.

When BC was scheduled they were as bad as we are. They brought in a real coach. Us not so much. The results are obvious..

BTW, I believe that guy is having his head examined by a local Lawrence Psychiatrist

#2035805 - 11/18/18 02:52 PM Re: Expectations for Miles [Re: Jman1]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

those games are scheduled years in advance, in 2027 and 2028 we have Washington State scheduled for a home and home. that are very good now but in 10 years maybe not so much.

#2035867 - 11/19/18 02:13 PM Re: Expectations for Miles [Re: INation]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
The problem with expectations for the upcoming season are that we see the promise our guys showed vs OU. WIth that in mind I would say that had we had the players at their current level of development and the offensive game plan used vs OU in place for every game we played this year we would now be sitting with a record no worse than 5/6.
Several of our key players will be lost to graduation. We have a limited number of schollies to give and a limited amount of time to find Big12 level players to award those schollies to. The resulting roster must learn a new system on both sides of the ball.
Those consideration have to temper any expectations for next year. I think it is in year 2 with Miles and his staff that we will see some marked improvement. The prospects for a great incoming class are rather slim by this late in the process, even if Miles did accomplish that very thing one time before. So I'm inclined to hope for the best, but expect another year of low level conference results.

#2035868 - 11/19/18 02:33 PM Re: Expectations for Miles [Re: appyhawk]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
The problem with expectations for the upcoming season are that we see the promise our guys showed vs OU. WIth that in mind I would say that had we had the players at their current level of development and the offensive game plan used vs OU in place for every game we played this year we would now be sitting with a record no worse than 5/6.
Several of our key players will be lost to graduation. We have a limited number of schollies to give and a limited amount of time to find Big12 level players to award those schollies to. The resulting roster must learn a new system on both sides of the ball.
Those consideration have to temper any expectations for next year. I think it is in year 2 with Miles and his staff that we will see some marked improvement. The prospects for a great incoming class are rather slim by this late in the process, even if Miles did accomplish that very thing one time before. So I'm inclined to hope for the best, but expect another year of low level conference results.

Yep that sounds about right.

#2036102 - 11/25/18 08:57 PM Re: Expectations for Miles [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
I expect MUCH better clock management.
I dunno if I'd get my hopes up too high on this one cause that was one of the biggest criticisms of Miles from LSU fans while he was coaching there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview