Page 151 of 174 < 1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 173 174 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047193 - 03/06/20 10:36 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Can't pin this on me. Blame the democrats for not getting their act together and the voters for going with this snooze Biden. Besides, my election vote won't matter as California is obviously going to choose Biden (or Bernie).

Fortunately for everyone who wants to Trump to lose, he owns this "greatest economy ever" and that is likely to backfire.

#2047194 - 03/06/20 10:42 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Perhaps you don’t understand how votes are tallied. If you vote for the only candidate who can beat Trump, that candidate gets one vote and that works against Trump. If you don’t vote for the only candidate that can beat Trump that’s one less vote for that candidate and that helps Trump.

How did YOU think it worked?

#2047201 - 03/07/20 08:03 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Biden admitted on stage in Dallas he doesn't expect to be more than a one termer. Bernie already had one heart attack...
I'm extremely interested in who each would choose for a running mate so I can feel good about voting for HER. My top choice is Kamala Harris. She's been my top choice from before this thing started. Would LOVE to see her own the debate stage vs Rump.

#2047202 - 03/07/20 08:09 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Nice to have lobster visiting, I like seeing more of our old crew filtering back to the old home place.
If only my pal Copper would drop back in we'd have a genuine whing ding going on again!

#2047204 - 03/07/20 08:14 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Nice to have lobster visiting, I like seeing more of our old crew filtering back to the old home place.
If only my pal Copper would drop back in we'd have a genuine whing ding going on again!

indeed. I've picked up valuable tips from him on just how much to put up with from my mouthy wife. Our marriage is scads better because of it.

I like Harris. Stacy Abrams would be a great pick, too. Plus, oh, the delicious irony if her being screwed out of the Georgia governorship contributed to Trump's downfall.

#2047207 - 03/07/20 10:45 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Biden admitted on stage in Dallas he doesn't expect to be more than a one termer. Bernie already had one heart attack...
I'm extremely interested in who each would choose for a running mate so I can feel good about voting for HER. My top choice is Kamala Harris. She's been my top choice from before this thing started. Would LOVE to see her own the debate stage vs Rump.

She is my last choice. I live out here in Los Angeles and I see her as a big phony. Tulsi Gabbard exposed her hypocrisy in one of the debates. I would rather have Warren or Gabbard.

Edited by lobster (03/07/20 10:45 AM)

#2047208 - 03/07/20 10:47 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

I met Copper back in 2012. He's a really nice person, but I imagine he's probably too busy these days.

#2047209 - 03/07/20 10:48 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Sinema

#2047210 - 03/07/20 10:56 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
Perhaps you don’t understand how votes are tallied. If you vote for the only candidate who can beat Trump, that candidate gets one vote and that works against Trump. If you don’t vote for the only candidate that can beat Trump that’s one less vote for that candidate and that helps Trump.

You see things that way, but I don't. A lot of Americans were tired of being offered highly unappealing candidates like Clinton, Romney or Kerry. They refused to play the game and voted 3rd party or just took a gamble on Trump. I'm not here to argue Trump has been great -- he hasn't. I'm just here to point out I understand why he won and why voters are tired of the awful alternatives. If everyone voted for someone like Jill Stein, we might end up with a better alternative. I wish Americans would realize they don't have to vote for black or white.

#2047211 - 03/07/20 10:57 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

indeed. I've picked up valuable tips from him on just how much to put up with from my mouthy wife. Our marriage is scads better because of it.

Glad your marriage has improved.

#2047212 - 03/07/20 01:42 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I keep Baby in the corner now. Asserting my Biblical privileges as a Man. And I sense she’s at peace now, having surrendered to her biological imperative.

#2047214 - 03/07/20 02:02 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Okay, that made me laugh.

#2047216 - 03/07/20 02:11 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It doesn’t when Jordan Peterson says it. Maybe it’s in all in the delivery!

#2047222 - 03/07/20 04:00 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

If you can show me a time where and when he said that, I'd love to know.

#2047251 - 03/08/20 10:25 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: lobster

You see things that way, but I don't. A lot of Americans were tired of being offered highly unappealing candidates like Clinton, Romney or Kerry. They refused to play the game and voted 3rd party or just took a gamble on Trump. I'm not here to argue Trump has been great -- he hasn't. I'm just here to point out I understand why he won and why voters are tired of the awful alternatives. If everyone voted for someone like Jill Stein, we might end up with a better alternative. I wish Americans would realize they don't have to vote for black or white.

I was just offering you the practical, undeniable, real-world ramifications of wasting your vote. You can blather on all you want about your conscience or whatever it is you're going on about. If you recognize Trump for the odious existential threat that he so clearly is, then a wasted vote is a vote for Trump.

Page 151 of 174 < 1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 173 174 >

Preview