Page 160 of 175 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047974 - 04/05/20 01:17 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
I'm not disagreeing with you about that. There are batshit crazy religious nuts in the republican party that are causing tremendous harm, and in my opinion, worse than democrats. There are a few people who think outside the box like Rand Paul, but even he, I don't agree with on everything. He makes some great arguments that I do agree with though. But by and large, it is a horribly f-d up party. The problem is, the left is causing a horrible distraction with their own level of dumb (choosing Joe Biden for example), and the right knows this. Until the left starts cleaning up its party, the majority are not going to start focusing on the right.

Speaking of Joe, I missed this.

"Weinstein said he can’t vote for either candidate, but Rogan, who recently described Joe Biden as “very old” and “stumbling,” said the Democratic Party has “made us all morons” by moving toward nominating Biden as its presidential standard bearer."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/joe-ro...&yptr=yahoo

Edited by lobster (04/05/20 01:19 PM)

#2047983 - 04/06/20 10:24 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Just if you give any sort of sh!+ about democracy in your spare time not worrying whether AOC is a mouthy b!+ch .... Those voters who acted on a ruling since rescinded that THEY NOT NEED a witness for their absentee ballot are S-O -fu&*ing - L. Though they acted under the contemporaneous provision not requiring the signature their ballots will not be considered valid. These were for shut-ins who had no access to a witness. The Kavanaugh ruling on the extension to April 13 to get absentee ballots in will surely be as unjust as we continue down our path of Republican destruction.

Finally, the word broken applies

#2047985 - 04/06/20 11:22 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

My problems with AOC has nothing to do with her being a "mouthy b-ch". My problems with her have to do with the fact that she doesn't know what she is talking about 90% of the time.

#2047986 - 04/06/20 11:27 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

so your takeaway from a post about further disenfranchisement was that AOC is ignorant.

Solid.

#2047989 - 04/06/20 12:36 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

No, I know you had a lot more to say in your post. I don't disagree with most of it. I was just making a side point. I will also say again that these problems won't be cleared up until the left really starts getting its act together, as I previously said.

#2047990 - 04/06/20 12:37 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

So Republicans cheating to win elections won't stop until Dems get their act together. That's as stupid and conflated and ill-considered a POV I've seen in a long time ... and I occasionally read dolomite on the other board.

Learn to think maybe.

#2047995 - 04/06/20 01:26 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Online   shocked
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
You gonna be OK?

#2047996 - 04/06/20 01:35 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

My minister ...

PASTORAL LETTER ON THE APRIL ELECTION

Our church has been honored to serve as a polling place for the civic elections and look forward to many more years of doing so. We consider it part of our church’s essential Christian calling to “love God, self, and neighbor” and therefore to be responsible neighbors and supportive of our community’s life, including its civic life. In agreeing with the city to be a polling place, part of the implicit covenant between us was that the authorities overseeing the elections would hold the safety of those taking part in the highest regard. With this election and under these specific circumstances of a global health crisis, I do not believe that has been true.

As the recent letter from 10 Wisconsin mayors pointed out, “A single asymptomatic virus-carrying poll worker could transmit the virus to hundreds of people on election day, creating a disease vector that would devastate a community.” Even our state’s Governor has recommended that the polls be closed due to the threat of spreading the coronavirus. I believe it is unconscionable that the election is continuing.

I also want to make it clear that the City Clerk’s office has done the best they could under these circumstances, moving the polling place here at the church upstairs into the narthex to minimize the area of our building impacted by the election. They have taken numerous precautions to look after the health of the poll workers and the voters. They are keeping the church’s doors locked so that entry can be granted to only a few at a time for the sake of social distancing.

I considered recommending to the Church Council that the church rescind its permission to use the building as a polling place, but that would result in overburdening another polling place and create greater risk for transmission of the virus. While such a principled stand might be morally satisfying, it smacks of grandstanding because it actually works against the purpose it seeks to accomplish.

Instead, I urge that this election be postponed until such a time that it can be held safely. I beg our legislators to put aside partisan bickering and a thirst for electoral advantage for the sake of the health of our citizens. I pray that we may continue to work at becoming a community willing to undergo shared sacrifice for the sake of the common good.

Yours in Christ,
Rev. Stephen Savides, Senior Pastor

#2048000 - 04/06/20 02:38 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

"That's as stupid and conflated and ill-considered a POV I've seen in a long time"

I invite you to try to think and respond outside the crimson bubble. Explain how I'm stupid and wrong.

Edited by lobster (04/06/20 02:38 PM)

#2048001 - 04/06/20 02:52 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

You are so clearly conflating Republican voter suppression efforts with Democratic Party lameness. One has NOTHING to do with the other. It’s not that we’re even disagreeing about anything. It’s that you appear not to understand how to sort your thoughts.

#2048003 - 04/06/20 03:07 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Here, I'll sort my thoughts:

You think it has nothing to do with the other, but that's not how many voters see it. Not everyone values what you value, and many voters are extremely turned off by loud and ignorant people like AOC. Until the left starts getting rid of their glaring problems, it's going to continue to cast a shadow over the bigger problems in the republican party.

#2048004 - 04/06/20 03:39 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

Holy Mother of God.

you win

#2048007 - 04/06/20 05:15 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

So state Supreme Court says you can go out and vote and possibly die or stay home and Republicans win! Your choice!

#2048013 - 04/06/20 07:30 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

The sheer energy to spend so much of every day making sure the grotesque singularity isn’t OVER-criticized, the taking greater offense at people gobsmacked by the grotesquerie than the grotesquerie itself is, well, pathetic, for certain. But mostly just revealing.

To all but one.

#2048017 - 04/06/20 10:33 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
So state Supreme Court says you can go out and vote and possibly die or stay home and Republicans win! Your choice!

And they posted that decision right under their header stating the court would no longer be in session due to observance of stay at home guidelines.
The real dig of this fiasco is the GOP Sup Crt usurping the Dem gov's order.
Pretty incredible public display of hypocrisy.
But its only a primary election that will have little (to no) effect on the ultimate national outcome. Wisconsin folks could skip this one without hurting anyone.

AOC may be a lot of things but ignorant is definitely not one of them.

Page 160 of 175 < 1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 174 175 >

Preview