Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035313 - 11/08/18 07:52 AM show support....
kuwins Offline
Prairie Warrior

We should all be in the stands on Nov. 23rd to show support for the final home game. We stayed away to prove the point we wanted change. Now that the new AD has listened we should show the country we are good fans and fill the stadium for the Texas game.

#2035314 - 11/08/18 08:03 AM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I would, but simply cannot break my word! In my e-mail to KAI when they were begging me to renew my WEF contributions and season tickets, I stated that I will not give them a nickle until Dave Beaty is no longer wearing a headset and coaching at KU. Just gonna have to wait until 2019 to see my shadow in Old Memorial again.

#2035315 - 11/08/18 08:34 AM Re: show support.... [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
sounds like a pretty petty reason. As the expression goes....Beaty is a dead man walking...as far as his future at KU. Time to get back on the wagon, beenahawk and support your school and the young men that are playing....particularly the seniors. Be a part of the new beginning for KU football...it starts now.

#2035322 - 11/08/18 10:12 AM Re: show support.... [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track
sounds like a pretty petty reason. As the expression goes....Beaty is a dead man walking...as far as his future at KU. Time to get back on the wagon, beenahawk and support your school and the young men that are playing....particularly the seniors. Be a part of the new beginning for KU football...it starts now.

I'm a pretty "petty" guy. laugh But have always been a man of my word. In all honesty, why should I support the team when the school and KAI abandoned all the kids when they hired Gill, Weis and Beaty? Nine freaking years of total failure cannot be undone with a "Beaty shall not be retained" message that is still going to cost $3 million.

#2035338 - 11/08/18 02:06 PM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
I'll be there! "Where you be on Saturdays"

#2035347 - 11/08/18 03:41 PM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I'll be watching it on TV.

RCJHKU!

#2035353 - 11/08/18 08:15 PM Re: show support.... [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: track

I'm a pretty "petty" guy. laugh But have always been a man of my word. In all honesty, why should I support the team when the school and KAI abandoned all the kids when they hired Gill, Weis and Beaty? Nine freaking years of total failure cannot be undone with a "Beaty shall not be retained" message that is still going to cost $3 million.
Cranky old man!! LOL grin

Oh, and I'll be there like I have been for most home games.

#2035362 - 11/08/18 10:46 PM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Did anyone else see that 2 KSU players were arrested? Failed to show up for a court date for driving violations.

#2035365 - 11/08/18 11:04 PM Re: show support.... [Re: vmlb]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Riley County crackin down! LOL

The cops out there can get kinda out of control from time to time with that crap. 1 of my best friends made the mistake of choosing ksu to play football, instead of KU like me, and he got "arrested" in his frat house for the same exact thing, except he had paid his fines and didn't need to appear. They made some kind of clerical error and went on campus and humiliated my buddy in front of his frat house and briefly got him trouble with old balls for it. Seems the cops out there just run out of real things to do from time to time.

Who knows, maybe this time they didn't make a mistake and/or it was an egregious situation this go around. Hopefully they'll at least be suspended for our game and maybe drag a couple of their teammates down with them? haha

#2035366 - 11/08/18 11:07 PM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

And speaking of our upcoming game, what would happen around here if somehow by some miracle KU went 3-0 or even 2-1 over our last three games and makes a bowl game?

The meltdown shitshow from all sides would be epic, I'd bet! LOL

#2035371 - 11/09/18 07:27 AM Re: show support.... [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
And speaking of our upcoming game, what would happen around here if somehow by some miracle KU went 3-0 or even 2-1 over our last three games and makes a bowl game?

You reminded me of the scene from "Oh God!'. John Denver asks George Burns to perform a miracle... "Too flashy" said Burns, "My last miracle was the 69 Mets."

I think God has better things to do than worry about KU Football.

#2035372 - 11/09/18 08:02 AM Re: show support.... [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

You reminded me of the scene from "Oh God!'. John Denver asks George Burns to perform a miracle... "Too flashy" said Burns, "My last miracle was the 69 Mets."

So you are saying Nicole Kidman will be "visiting" me later today, the temperature in Denver will be in the sixties all weekend, and KU will be winning all remaining football games while blowing all TO's in the first and third quarter. The average point spread will be 14.5 in Kansas' favor as well. Sure, there's a chance, kman. LOL

#2035373 - 11/09/18 08:31 AM Re: show support.... [Re: beenahawk]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You must have the wrong God. Mine has KU football as his/her top priority.

#2035381 - 11/09/18 11:54 AM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I can't find the listing for the game. Anyone know what channel its on? I have Spectrum in K.C.

#2035382 - 11/09/18 12:01 PM Re: show support.... [Re: kuwins]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Fox Sports KC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview