Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035369 - 11/09/18 06:21 AM Seth Littrell a "top candidate"
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX

#2035370 - 11/09/18 06:42 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
I wouldn’t mind Litrell

#2035375 - 11/09/18 11:00 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
DrGreydog Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
Picking Litrell will probably delay getting a coach on board and recruiting early.
His resume certainly looks like what A.D. Long says he is looking for in a coach. Just concerned about the delay in getting him started.

#2035379 - 11/09/18 11:43 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

Loc: Austin
Shoot, I was hoping that was a new article. I saw it before. It's four days old, with no inside information.

Why do I say this? Because Littrell is my first choice. And because I sorely doubt he's remotely interested.

#2035380 - 11/09/18 11:45 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: DrGreydog]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
Picking Litrell will probably delay getting a coach on board and recruiting early.
His resume certainly looks like what A.D. Long says he is looking for in a coach. Just concerned about the delay in getting him started.

Isn't that the case with any working coach?

#2035387 - 11/09/18 12:20 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: DrGreydog]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita

Not sure it would have that much affect. I am guessing a couple assistants will remain, hopefully Hull, and they could start recruiting. The main thing that would help is knowing who the head coach would be. It would have an affect but probably no a whole lot.

#2035395 - 11/09/18 01:57 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: moose1]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1

Not sure it would have that much affect. I am guessing a couple assistants will remain, hopefully Hull, and they could start recruiting. The main thing that would help is knowing who the head coach would be. It would have an affect but probably no a whole lot.

Me thinks you might have forgotten about the early signing period in December!

#2035396 - 11/09/18 02:20 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Seth Littrell has been a HC for two whole seasons in the
USA Conference. He would not be my choice to be given the keys to helm KU as a P5 D1 program. There are just a few plum jobs in P5 football. Better choices than that come to mind.

#2035402 - 11/09/18 02:55 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I would try for Dorean or Candle first.

#2035405 - 11/09/18 03:08 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
DrGreydog Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
Has everyone given up on Les Miles? He would still be my 1st choice. There are certainly qualified coaches out there. Some are apparently interested in the job,
From my reading of the available information, Miles has spoken to someone at KU about the job. Has Litrell? AD Long flew to Dallas, but no real info on who he talked to. Its all speculation at this point/

#2035407 - 11/09/18 04:13 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: beenahawk]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: moose1

Me thinks you might have forgotten about the early signing period in December!

Negative Ghostrider. I have not forgotten. I don't think KU is going to sign many receuits that early signing period no matter who the coach is. What I am more concerned about is that we have a head coach named before that so it gets recruits thinking about KU and maybe they don't sign during the early period and KU can pick them up in Feb.

#2035409 - 11/09/18 04:15 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: DrGreydog]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Has everyone given up on Les Miles? He would still be my 1st choice. There are certainly qualified coaches out there. Some are apparently interested in the job,
From my reading of the available information, Miles has spoken to someone at KU about the job. Has Litrell? AD Long flew to Dallas, but no real info on who he talked to. Its all speculation at this point/

No I would love to see him at KU. I just think it would be a long shot. Plus he has to talk to teams to keep getting his payout from LSU so I wonder if he is just talking with KU to satisfy that.

#2035413 - 11/09/18 04:50 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Miles on person on that list to consider.

Luna Amor

#2035418 - 11/09/18 05:44 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

I’m pro Miles for sure.

Littrell, I like a guy with that toughness and confidence. I like seeing his team whup an SEC team. I like how he turned that team around fast. I like his youth. I like his Texas connections and his Big XXII experience.

If he’s interested, then yes please. Throw the bank at him.

Though I really doubt it.

As for a downside — or imagined or possible weak side, we can rattle off a list of those for any candidate.

#2035419 - 11/09/18 05:49 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

Maximus, I can’t even imagine that...or those...phew!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview