Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034659 - 10/23/18 11:19 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: PbBut]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: PbBut
Does anyone have any idea where we are with recruiting right now? Is there nothing going on right now because no one knows where they will be working next fall?

We have one commit right now, a RB who if he does stick to his commitment and no one transfers, will be behind Williams, Herbert, Williams at the very least, certainly not a position of need. We had a TE commit, which I never understood that since we have never utilized all the dimensions a TE anyway.

I'm also interested in what others think of the issue, I think Keegan expressed it, that the roster will be worse shape this winter than when Gill or Weis left. The numbers are about the same, but the talent level will be down with the loss of productive players like Wise and Dineen. We may not have seen the bottom yet.

So glad KU kept Beaty another year. It REALLY stabilized the program.

#2034676 - 10/24/18 11:56 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: PbBut
Does anyone have any idea where we are with recruiting right now? Is there nothing going on right now because no one knows where they will be working next fall?

We have one commit right now, a RB who if he does stick to his commitment and no one transfers, will be behind Williams, Herbert, Williams at the very least, certainly not a position of need. We had a TE commit, which I never understood that since we have never utilized all the dimensions a TE anyway.

I'm also interested in what others think of the issue, I think Keegan expressed it, that the roster will be worse shape this winter than when Gill or Weis left. The numbers are about the same, but the talent level will be down with the loss of productive players like Wise and Dineen. We may not have seen the bottom yet.
The coaches still are on the road and recruiting when they can, as well as giving out new offers. For understandable reasons no recruits are committing.

Also, I totally disagree that the roster will be as bad as it was when Weis left. Not really close. I do agree that it will be similar to when Gill left. I also agree that in some position groups the talent looks like it will be down next year. Hard to replace NFL level guys with more future NFL level guys especially if you're in the situation our program is in right now.

The main reason why I said "looks like it will be down" and not something more definitive is because from what I've seen I think we've got some high quality guys behind Dineen and Loneker for example who when given a chance have come in and produced well. Guys with some good talent. Don't think we've got anyone coming up who's nearly as good as Wise is though.

#2034677 - 10/24/18 12:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
If you believe, kman, the blueshirts counting towards this year's (2019) recruiting class are a normal thing based upon the "new" rules (see David Beaty article), consider this. All other BG12 # of commits, team wise, are WAY above one commit at this time. This is one BIG reason to fire the dadgum coach who put us in this latest mess.

Truly cannot blame previous coaches messes on the current one regarding recruiting.

#2034682 - 10/24/18 12:30 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

No, if you believe me about the condition the roster was in when Weis was fired VS. how it will be after this season, then you believe facts.

As for your "interpretation" of what I meant from what I said, other than exactly what I did say, per usual you're dead wrong.

#2034686 - 10/24/18 01:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
No, if you believe me about the condition the roster was in when Weis was fired VS. how it will be after this season, then you believe facts.

As for your "interpretation" of what I meant from what I said, other than exactly what I did say, per usual you're dead wrong.
If you took time to read my post, I was telling about the David Beaty BS about lack of recruiting commitments. I wasn't saying your "facts" were BS, but if we need to reaffirm it, go ahead. No, the CURRENT roster is filled with the same holes as Weiss', but his CURRENT roster is his problem (Beaty). Got it?

#2035350 - 11/08/18 06:30 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

I know there is a lot of turnover when new coaches come in but can someone give a number on how many scholarships Les I mean the future coach has to offer?

#2035354 - 11/08/18 08:17 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Wilt Chamberlain

Don't have the exact number right now, but it's roughly 15 or so.

#2035360 - 11/08/18 09:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Same number as Beatys first year?

#2035361 - 11/08/18 10:41 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Can Miles recruit now and be hired later? He wouldn't have to follow the rules pertaining to recruiting. He could visit homes, etc.
Correct?

#2035363 - 11/08/18 10:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Topcitykid10]
Wilt Chamberlain

Beaty had a full regular 25 for his 1st recruiting class. Some of those were guys who committed while Weis was still the coach and even 1 or 2 who committed when we had Bowen as the interim, so it might not be seen by all as "his" 1st recruiting class. He then had 17 regular type recruits for his next class in which he recruited all of the recruits.

This will probably be a smaller class than the 17 or maybe close to the same number.

#2035364 - 11/08/18 10:55 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: vmlb]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: vmlb
Can Miles recruit now and be hired later? He wouldn't have to follow the rules pertaining to recruiting. He could visit homes, etc.
Correct?
If someone has agreed in principle or verbally, but hasn't made it official by signing any contracts or other similar type agreement, then they can do whatever they want in regards to recruiting right now, Les Miles included.

Also, is it me, or does anyone else keep thinking people are talking about Miles Kendrick when you see headlines or thread titles/posts just saying "Miles"? LOL

#2035374 - 11/09/18 08:35 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hopefully he keeps his redshirt and they don't pull it.

#2035384 - 11/09/18 12:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

15 is a scary number! Les is a really good coach but can he pull this team out of that hole?

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

Preview