Page 129 of 145 < 1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 144 145 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2045380 - 12/11/19 09:20 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Meh. Truth in advertising. Accidental truth is better than willing lies.

#2045381 - 12/11/19 09:34 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Life is too short to sift through a mountain of lies in search of that pebble of accidental truth, particularly when there is a mountain of truth conveniently located just left of center.

#2045382 - 12/11/19 10:29 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Life is too short to sift through a mountain of lies in search of that pebble of accidental truth, particularly when there is a mountain of truth conveniently located just left of center.

Yes, and when presented with the obvious ugly and unprecedented truths before us today you can either be upset by them and ache for the future of our country or you can go in search of vague, irrelevant nuggets to attack the other side so as to try to lessen or even dismiss the actual cartoonish villainy and moral depravity and corruption of the current GOP and (try to) convince yourself they’re all the same. It’s the worst kind of cynicism. And it’s way worse than the folks who only get Fox News lies and simply don’t know any better.

#2045388 - 12/12/19 08:41 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
You want ugly and unprecedented truths?

Here's an ugly and precedented truth, Thunberg isn't a climate scientists she doesn't go to school, she is a George Soros puppet. What does a narcissistic demagogue need to do to become person of the year? Start WW3? Destroy NATO and allow Putin to run the world? Destroy the foundation of the US Constitution?

I tell you it is a tough crowd, how does a fragile ego megalomaniac get any respect these days?

Time to plan another brownshirt rally and toss red meat into the crowd!

#2045392 - 12/12/19 09:59 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
Originally Posted By: appyhawk

Yes, and when presented with the obvious ugly and unprecedented truths before us today you can either be upset by them and ache for the future of our country or you can go in search of vague, irrelevant nuggets to attack the other side so as to try to lessen or even dismiss the actual cartoonish villainy and moral depravity and corruption of the current GOP and (try to) convince yourself they’re all the same. It’s the worst kind of cynicism. And it’s way worse than the folks who only get Fox News lies and simply don’t know any better.

The way things are these days when "fast and easy" is the standard of quality, all that searching is way too time consuming, not to mention the effort required. The mode of operation now is to simply invent a desired scenario and distribute the lie in intensive repetition. The base buys it every time. Anything else is "unfair".

#2045393 - 12/12/19 10:20 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

except actual facts are readily available. Damnable, incontrovertible facts. There are those who simply aren't willing to avail themselves of them. And there are those who, knowing them but finding them profoundly uncomfortable and inconvenient, argue around the margins of everything and say Look over there! and distract and minimize and obfuscate and, in the end, tacitly endorse it all.

#2045395 - 12/12/19 11:19 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nimrata, heir apparent to the trumpublican throne finds you to be intolerant of intolerance. If you are going to espouse tolerance why can't you just be tolerant of everything? Aren't all ideals equally noble?

#2045396 - 12/12/19 01:00 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

meh

Hillary runs a charitable foundation, why hasn't somebody looked into that? All charities are run by self dealing scumbags, so what's the dif?

#2045441 - 12/15/19 10:37 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
But did you see the charity thing? You should see the charity thing. It was almost water under the bridge. Our politics have gone so far down the rabbit hole that a story about how the President of the United States agreed to pay $2 million at a court's order—while admitting he used his charity for his own gain—barely made a splash. Folks saw the headline and thought to themselves, Well, yeah, of course Donald Trump's!

#2045448 - 12/15/19 04:19 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
Wilt Chamberlain

Imagine. All day every day arguing AROUND the unprecedented corruption and democracy-destroying malfeasance, the almost laughable villainy and hypocrisy in order to make a bunch of arcane and meaningless, often fully specious points on a message board. How soul dead would you have to be?

#2045457 - 12/15/19 08:14 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
LeT fReEDOm riNG!

#2045515 - 12/18/19 10:26 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Of all the freedoms, the freedom to plunder is the most precious.

#2045531 - 12/19/19 08:18 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Impeached

Trumpublican spokesman Vladimir Putin this morning complained about how his elected candidate was being badly treated by the US Congress. He feels this sets a "dangerous precedent" and "now demagogues everywhere will have to worry about losing their positions of power simply because a majority of the population doesn't want them committing crimes". This is a "serious threat to world order" in his opinion. He went to to compare tiny to Jesus and his persecution by the Jews.

Putin declared that he will step up his contributions to the trumpublican party in advance of the 2020 elections and the interview was then interrupted by Moscow Mitch who was there for his morning service.

#2045532 - 12/19/19 08:27 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
I coulda sworn I read this somewhere else....

#2045533 - 12/19/19 08:44 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm not surprised, trumpublican spokesman Putin's interview was in all of the morning papers.

Now more than ever I need you to service your lord and master. As a newly minted real estate mogul my tax breaks are even more important.

Page 129 of 145 < 1 2 ... 127 128 129 130 131 ... 144 145 >

Preview