Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034704 - 10/24/18 10:01 PM Until Proven Otherwise
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I will take Coach Self at his word. He has now spoken and has clearly denied any wrong doing by himself or his staff. Yes, I know what a defense lawyer said, and I know how they tried to spin texting to sound like money was involved. Lawyers will say anything to try and win their case. But there has been no actual proof that Self or any of his staff knew about under the table money. Until such proof can be given otherwise, I will take Self at his word. It does sound like we might lose De Sousa, time will tell. Would hate to lose him but we will be okay without him.

At this point there is no shadow cast over our Jayhawk program. The only possible shadow is that of people's run-away imagination and that includes Tom Keegan.

#2034708 - 10/24/18 11:38 PM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I like to live in your land...Fairy Tale Land that is....we really dont know what might happen. Bill is not pure as the wind driven snow...hopefully it wont be too bad.

#2034710 - 10/25/18 12:02 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
So what your saying is you think Self is above and beyond holier than now, pretty much a saint?
He is not, nor are most of the elite names in the profession. I hate to say this but Weber, up the road, has been insinuating this for a few years now. Rick Barnes made mention of this a few times in regard to Self and how he runs his program. Frank Martin made mention of it a few times.

Does it change alot of peoples minds about Self and this program overall? We want to win don't we?

I think were kind of naive about this thing overall. Selby, Diallo, Alexander, Preston, and De Sousa...........coincidence? We have kept that NCAA office of violations open for business alot more than most schools have recently.

Edited by Jaycat92 (10/25/18 12:03 AM)

#2034712 - 10/25/18 07:47 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
The ncaa will have their say. We will not come out of this unscathed.

Hopefully HCBS means it when he says he is done talking about the trial. I love the man. I love what he has done at KANSAS. But he sounds stupid trying to convince us he and his staff are completely clean. Running a squeaky clean program. Less is more.

My knee jerk reaction tells me we have to separate from adidas. But where do we go from here. nike and ua are equally as stinky.

#2034716 - 10/25/18 08:53 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Sounds like we have a lot of cynicism among the Jayhawk faithful concerning Self. Personally, I still adhere to the old standard of “Innocent until proven guilty.” Self’s never done anything that I’m aware of that would cause me to question his ethics.

Taking what a lawyer says in court as gospel truth is where I’m cynical. How many people have been “proven” to be guilty by a prosecuting attorney and later found to be innocent? To many! How many persons have been “proven” to be innocent by a defense lawyer and later shown to be guilty? To many!

The exact same thing can be said about public opinion. Public opinion can be quite fickle. This is also true about some sports writers, even on the LWJ. Until proven facts are laid out on the table, I’m assuming and accepting that Bill Self and his staff are clean.

Even the raised eyebrows and questioning looks from opposing coaches carry no weight. How much of that comes from jealously or envy? I wouldn’t put an ounce of trust in what Bruce Webber, or a number of other coaches, might say or think about Bill Self that is negative.

Perhaps some of you would prefer that Self not go after 5 star recruits any more and just stick with 3 star recruits or less. That should at least reduce the number of howling wolves! Simply going after and getting the type of recruits that Self does (top notched), is going to cause some to think he has to be underhanded.

#2034717 - 10/25/18 09:02 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The NCAA is as much of a problem as anything else. They are totally fickle as well. They're certainly not even handed. They seem to have their own agenda to fit whatever purposes they desire.

Case in point. They soundly penalized KU when Larry Brown paid for a ticket to help a young man go to his grandmother's funeral. Wrong? Yes. We were not allowed to return to the NCAA Tourney to defend our title the next year. We almost were given the "death penalty!" A very short time later, UNLV comments several much more serious violations. They are allowed to defend their NCAA title the next year. Yes, very even handed!

#2034718 - 10/25/18 09:08 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

blah blah blah the ncaa $uck$ blah blah blah. Yes we know.

You should take HCBS advice and stop talking about it. You sound as silly as he did at his presser last night.

#2034719 - 10/25/18 09:18 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Or maybe you are a member of HCBS public relations team. If so, then please continue.

#2034720 - 10/25/18 09:18 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
blah blah blah the ncaa $uck$ blah blah blah. Yes we know.

You should take HCBS advice and stop talking about it. You sound as silly as he did at his presser last night.

I don't sound any silly than you do as you seem to keep coming back on and having your say.

#2034721 - 10/25/18 09:21 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Or maybe you are a member of HCBS public relations team. If so, then please continue.

Yes, and I'm being paid "None of Your Business Bucks" under the table to promote Self.

#2034724 - 10/25/18 10:36 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh no now an influx of lengthy novellas from the High Plains Ancient Farmer. Hey you can battle KY Jelly now..I am done with it.

#2034725 - 10/25/18 10:40 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ooops it seems that you are battling michhawk instead. Dont worry even you can dominate the Port Urine Moron. In a battle of wits michhawk comes unarmed. And believe me only michhawk on here would be tickled pink if our starting 5 were all 3 star players that would stay 4 yrs...he hates the one and dones...because he's an idiot.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (10/25/18 10:41 AM)

#2034727 - 10/25/18 11:36 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

We're going to find out if HCBS runs a clean program or not. Because no doubt the ncaa is going to open up an investigation into the University of KANSAS basketball program.

No doubt about it. We have an ncaa cavity search coming our way.

#2034728 - 10/25/18 11:39 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

You will get in line for that...wouldn't you. Mich loves the cavity searches...lol. NOTHING is going to happen to old KU.

#2034729 - 10/25/18 11:40 AM Re: Until Proven Otherwise [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Hey did you mods finally ban KY....if so bravo...if not boooo...hisssss.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview