Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034699 - 10/24/18 08:02 PM A way to see ESU/Washburn JHawkTV games?
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
Does anyone have a link or a way to watch the JayhawkTV games online for free?
I live outside of Lawrence. I hate how Jim Marchiony and the KUAC signed a deal with ESPN to put the JayhawkTV games on ESPN+. Now we're supposed to pay a monthly fee to ESPN to get those games?! That's BS! The JayhawkTV games used to be allowed to air on all the local stations like KWCH throughout the state of Kansas.
Greed and more money is all Jim Marchiony cares about. I hate that he survived the Lew Perkins debacle and didn't get fired.

Anyway, does anyone have a free link to view the Emporia State game tomorrow and the other JayhawkTV games like the November 1st exhibition? Thanks!

PS: I will beat them to it and insert 1080p reference here for the doofuses like you know who. grin

Edited by mushhawk (11/01/18 12:48 AM)

#2034701 - 10/24/18 08:19 PM Re: Is there a way to see KU/ESU game free?? [Re: mushhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Who you know who....its all about 8k 500 nit HDR now. The game is only on 38 The Spot as far as I know. Not even Spectrum Sports is covering it. But Ise got 38 so I am good...

#2034918 - 11/01/18 12:56 AM A way to see ESU/Washburn JHawkTV games? [Re: mushhawk]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
Its live on ESPN-Plus online, Phog. That's a paid membership though.

FYI: For others who are interested in watching these games online live, I found a way to watch a couple of them at no charge.

ESPN-Plus has a free 1 week trial. I saw this after making this initial post.
I did that last Thursday for the Emporia State game. My trial lasts through the Washburn exhibition Thursday. You have to give them a payment option (PayPal etc) in advance. If you cancel it before the 1 free week expires, they don't charge you.
I recommend it for anyone who like me, lives outside of Lawrence. I hooked my laptop up to my TV. The picture quality was pretty clear, though not as sharp as an ESPN live broadcast.

I'll AGAIN pre-emptively insert a 1080p reference here for you. wink haha!

#2034922 - 11/01/18 09:16 AM Re: A way to see ESU/Washburn JHawkTV games? [Re: mushhawk]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
This espn+ is $5.00 per month, correct? We can cancel the service at any time, correct? After tonight, there is 1 game on espn+ in November. And 3 in December. None in Jan, Feb or March.

So if we subscribe tonight, and cancel after the last game in Dec, we will have paid a grand total of $10.00 to watch 1 exhibition and 4 regular season games. Correct?

#2034927 - 11/01/18 09:42 AM Re: A way to see ESU/Washburn JHawkTV games? [Re: mushhawk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: mushhawk
Its live on ESPN-Plus online, Phog. That's a paid membership though.

FYI: For others who are interested in watching these games online live, I found a way to watch a couple of them at no charge.

ESPN-Plus has a free 1 week trial. I saw this after making this initial post.
I did that last Thursday for the Emporia State game. My trial lasts through the Washburn exhibition Thursday. You have to give them a payment option (PayPal etc) in advance. If you cancel it before the 1 free week expires, they don't charge you.
I recommend it for anyone who like me, lives outside of Lawrence. I hooked my laptop up to my TV. The picture quality was pretty clear, though not as sharp as an ESPN live broadcast.

I'll AGAIN pre-emptively insert a 1080p reference here for you. wink haha!

No 1080p...8k...8k...8k...700 nits HDR..Ordered my 75 inch LG 4k HDR set last night. 1529.00...not bad. And again I have no idea where you live now mush. If you are within old timey antennae reception area of channel 38 the Spot you can watch the game ..

#2034950 - 11/02/18 12:45 AM Re: A way to see ESU/Washburn JHawkTV games? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Saguaro_Jayhawk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
This espn+ is $5.00 per month, correct? We can cancel the service at any time, correct? After tonight, there is 1 game on espn+ in November. And 3 in December. None in Jan, Feb or March.

So if we subscribe tonight, and cancel after the last game in Dec, we will have paid a grand total of $10.00 to watch 1 exhibition and 4 regular season games. Correct?

ALL Tier III content is now on espn+ instead of espn3. Thus, home games in baseball, volleyball, soccer are also on espn+.

Preview