Page 174 of 183 < 1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 182 183 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2048758 - 05/27/20 09:13 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
OK, but he is doing it for all the right reasons.

If tiny is not reelected then all of the good work he has done for this country is for naught. It could all start to be erased. The growth of our economy, bridging the social divide in our society, draining the swamp and weeding out of corruption; these great aspirations need to continue. We are so close to building Camelot on the Potomac, we just need to let Mike do what he needs to do to keep all of our hopes and dreams alive.

And my tax cuts, let's not forget my tax cuts.
Culture is a swampland of superstition, ignorance and abuse.

#2048759 - 05/27/20 12:20 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
I am particularly pleased by the current venting from Rump that he will shut down social media platforms due to Twitter placing the "unsubstantiated" designation to his tweets.
While it could mean loss of our message board fun (and educational opportunity) there is something to be said for gaining peace and quiet in place of Rump's digital pollution.

#2048766 - 05/28/20 08:15 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I’m hearing rumors that George Floyd may have smoked pot once.

#2048768 - 05/28/20 10:22 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: kellyfenton
I’m hearing rumors that George Floyd may have smoked pot once.

OMG! You've just outed partly why I long ago adopted a full time ruralite lifestyle of social distancing. Unfortunately the police report indicates poor Floyd was being arrested for the deadly crime of forgery, which lets me off the hook. I am also in constant company of 2 extremely capable body guards, an advantage that would have obscured any "resisting" charges against me personally. That makes me deservedly entitled, right? So I didn't get any of Park's tax cuts, but I still kind of have a hard time relating to poor Floyd...

#2048774 - 05/29/20 02:28 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
What happened to Floyd was terrible, and those who killed him will face the consequences. However, it's very unlikely that it had anything to do with racism.

Equally as horrible, are the riots and looting happening. If America is so awful, Somalia will welcome you. Yes, bad things happen, but that doesn't give you right to burn down your businesses. And shame on Obama for not condemning this violence in Minnesota.

#2048775 - 05/29/20 04:26 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No doubt about it. That’s why all the videos of unarmed white people being abused by police ... wait ...

#2048776 - 05/29/20 09:39 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Or maybe it's because the mainstream media only focuses on the blacks because it gets clicks and views. Whites do get shot and assaulted too.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/26/745731839...-minority-suspe

#2048779 - 05/30/20 06:33 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So then it is your contention that there are videos of unarmed white people being killed by policemen or by local vigilantes and, going against their business model and professional ethics, the local news chooses not to cover the story and the national news buries and social media for some reason ignores.

Interesting ...

Btw, your study doesn’t address the abuse of UNARMED and/or already subdued suspects.

#2048781 - 05/30/20 10:01 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Wow. Speechless...and not because there is nothing to say.

I'm worried about you Lobster. "Equally"? "Unlikely racially" motivated?
You're likely too far gone for a vision or nutrition adjustment. Try a cane.

#2048782 - 05/30/20 10:07 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Somewhere along the way lobster became one of the most reductive people I’ve seen on the boards. I think it’s easier than wrangling with the contradictions and complexity of human existence. But it goes beyond reductive to so often blatantly missing the point or drawing wildly ignorant conclusions

#2048784 - 05/30/20 12:51 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Wow. Speechless...and not because there is nothing to say.

I'm worried about you Lobster. "Equally"? "Unlikely racially" motivated?
You're likely too far gone for a vision or nutrition adjustment. Try a cane.

Blacks have more equality here than just about anywhere else in the world. My wife said to me last night that her Chinese relatives were asking why America even tolerated such horrible acts. If those blacks did that looting and violence in China, they would be shot. If America is so awful, there are other places in the world they can go. That's what the Chinese are saying, and I agree 100%. The country that gives you the most is the one you cause riots in and loot. I responded with, "It's because a deeper issue in these people is that they are lazy and entitled, and that creates resentment and this false idea that those who have a better life did not earn it. The think emotionally rather than logically and let the news stir them up into these riots based on a false idea that only blacks are assaulted by police."

In the big picture, all this rioting will accomplish is give whites and asians even more reason to avoid living next to blacks.

My main point was that there is no proof this horrible crime was racially motivated. The mainstream media loves it because they can use it to sell emotional-thinking people this false idea that most whites are racist. It's so tiresome. Where is your ability to use nuance? Can you not see that things are more grey in real life than what the media is selling you? BTW, I'm a mixed race person (not all white).

In regards to asking why I've "changed", it's because I seek the truth and no longer take a side. I'm not a company man for the left or right.

I have one question for you both: if you don't condone violence against this one black man, why do you support it against businesses and people who had nothing to do with it?

Edited by lobster (05/30/20 01:06 PM)

#2048785 - 05/30/20 01:38 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
JimWest Online   happy
))<>((

Originally Posted By: lobster
If those blacks did that looting and violence in China, they would be shot. If America is so awful, there are other places in the world they can go. That's what the Chinese are saying, and I agree 100%.

Killing to prevent looting is not justifiable. You are exposing your white supremacist core and minority-killing fantasies right here.

Quote:
My main point was that there is no proof this horrible crime was racially motivated.

Apparently you've never met a cop.

Quote:
BTW, I'm a mixed race person (not all white).

Being half-Irish doesn't count as mixed-race.

Quote:
I have one question for you both: if you don't condone violence against this one black man, why do you support it against businesses and people who had nothing to do with it?

These people have been out of work for 2 months with only a measly $1200 to carry them through. You honestly expect them not to loot? Normally, these riots end when people have to go back to work on Monday....but no one is going back to work so there is no end in sight to this.

#2048786 - 05/30/20 01:38 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No one asked why you've changed and no one suggested the change had anything to do with ideology. But once again you have demonstrated you are unequipped to follow a progression of thoughts, even from Point A to Point B, so you keep on keepin' on, brother!

#2048787 - 05/30/20 02:52 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: JimWest]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Originally Posted By: lobster
If those blacks did that looting and violence in China, they would be shot. If America is so awful, there are other places in the world they can go. That's what the Chinese are saying, and I agree 100%.

Killing to prevent looting is not justifiable. You are exposing your white supremacist core and minority-killing fantasies right here.

Quote:
My main point was that there is no proof this horrible crime was racially motivated.

Apparently you've never met a cop.

Quote:
BTW, I'm a mixed race person (not all white).

Being half-Irish doesn't count as mixed-race.

Quote:

These people have been out of work for 2 months with only a measly $1200 to carry them through. You honestly expect them not to loot? Normally, these riots end when people have to go back to work on Monday....but no one is going back to work so there is no end in sight to this.

Speaking of emotional, lol.

1. I never said killing to prevent looting is justifiable. Where did you get that crazy idea? Stop seeing what you want to see and read what I actually wrote. Looting and violence in response to one death by a cop is not justifiable. You're an entitled thug if you believe so.

2. I've met a lot of cops. One of them (who was black) lied to me screwed me over when I was very young. Should I go riot in the streets because one black cop lied to me and caused me harm? Cops (whether black or white) are just people, and they are flawed. However, most cops are not racists.

3. I'm not Irish. I'm many things, including Native American. Your prejudice showed in your post by assuming I'm Irish.

4. They are lucky the even have $1200. In the past, America was not full of such pussies and we didn't hand out stimulus money. Not having money does not give you the right to create violence.

I just embarrassed your post. Want to try again?

Edited by lobster (05/30/20 02:52 PM)

#2048788 - 05/30/20 03:50 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I would say it was you that you just embarrassed. But you have to possess the capacity to be embarrassed first. Or the discernment to recognize it.

You seem like a fine fellow, lobs. But Good Lord, I have never seen a bigger gap between ignorance about sh!t and the absolute certitude that you've stumbled upon ultimate truths. I hope it gives you contentment.

Page 174 of 183 < 1 2 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 182 183 >

Preview