Page 155 of 174 < 1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 173 174 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2047457 - 03/13/20 02:33 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
My first official corona virus related project cancellation. This was not a surprise, but we have been tracking this for 6 months and were told as late as last month that a contract was coming soon. Canceled indefinitely as of earlier this week.

Dead on the edge of the water.
Culture is a swampland of superstition, ignorance and abuse.

#2047460 - 03/13/20 02:52 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Funny how it works when the people overrule the hoaxter...
The "hoax" proclaimer just announced his hoax is a National Emergency.

#2047462 - 03/13/20 03:40 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I watched a bit of the press conference.

Key point, "No, I do not take responsibility" when asked about testing and the lack thereof.

The body language was interesting. After speaking tiny would mess with the mic with his hands before the next speaker came up. None of them touched it afterwards except vice toadie Pence. At one point tiny tried to shake hands with one of the other speakers who pulled his hand back and offered and elbow instead, which tiny laughed off and bumped him. After that every speaker who came up to the podium tiny made a point of touching them on the shoulder or arm or something. Pence whole heartedly grabbed the mic after tiny and fiddled with it. Who is the human bobblehead that stands behind tiny at these events and nods her head knowingly as though something deep is being said. I see her a lot now, she is blonde and middle aged and matronly. She seems to be his reassuring over the shoulder head nodder in her brown scarf. Fauci just had to touch the mic, he is short, he did a sort of edge of hand swat at it, did not take a handful and twist it around like tiny and Pence. tiny made a point of calling out Obama's disastrous response to swine flu. My mom the nurse called me on my cell phone to scream about that.

#2047463 - 03/13/20 03:56 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: appyhawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Best laugh of the day, I open my email to see a new one come in from the homebuilding industry.

Find Toilet Paper Shortages Frustrating? Consider a Shower Toilet

No one said to stock up on toilet paper, but fear can lead people to act on instinct. Now, some stores are limiting how many packs a person can buy, and consumers are roaming the aisles for the last roll before a restock. One Forbes’ contributor’s cheeky suggestion? Shower toilets. With their bidet-and-toilet combination, shower toilets allow consumers to nix the toilet paper and activate the cleanser instead. And the fun doesn’t stop at hygiene: Many models include heated seats, warm-air dryers, and night lights for those precarious trips in the dark. Going out and buying an expensive unit to avoid running out of toilet paper may be extreme, but smart shower toilets have been recently gaining traction in the U.S. as they are beneficial for aging homeowners and intriguing to those who are into tech. Find out if a shower toilet would be right for your next project.

Shower-toilets, which combine the bidet and toilet into one consolidated product, were first available in Japan. The Washlet, an electric toilet seat with an integrated bidet that has rear cleansing, a dryer and a heated seat, was first presented by Toto in Japan in 1980. For Japanese and Europeans, shower-toilets and bidets have long been a mainstay in their cultural ideals surrounding hygiene and bathroom habits. Toto brought these shower-toilets to the United States in 1990.

In more recent years other manufacturers have added shower-toilets to their bathroom lines. All of these units are quite attractive: some of the units are wall hanging, while others are just slim line and unobtrusive.

In North America, the United States, in particular, shower-toilets are gaining traction in luxury bathrooms, with several leading manufacturers currently offering them. And while people are becoming more aware of them, this is still a relatively new product—it is takes time for consumers to adapt to a completely different hygiene product, which calls for habit changes. These shower-toilets afford a superior hygienic design and the most natural form of hygiene.

Never miss an opportunity to upsell!

#2047465 - 03/13/20 04:26 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Wait. Showers and toilets can be separate fixtures?

#2047467 - 03/13/20 04:39 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Even more hilarious is that stock went soaring. There's nothing Trump can do at this point to stop the virus from spreading. The only things that can be done have to done by everyone in this country.

#2047468 - 03/13/20 04:43 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: lobster]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: lobster
Even more hilarious is that stock went soaring. There's nothing Trump can do at this point to stop the virus from spreading. The only things that can be done have to done by everyone in this country.

There’s plenty left for health agencies and the government to do to try to catch up. But agreed that citizens have to take their responsibilities to their community by absolutely limiting their exposure. Unfortunately there are still folks for whom going out and being entertained is a God-given right they won’t be denied. Pathetic really.

#2047472 - 03/13/20 05:51 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I just finished a meeting with a client regarding a project in Mass. In the next 5 months we are supposed to be planning 5 face to face meetings with four in Boston. I added "pandemic permitting" to my proposal. "What, it's safe to travel, you're healthy and under 60, you will recover, we are all gonna get it, you will be fine." Me: "yeah but my 83 year old mom is confined to her apartment for the foreseeable future and I am her lifeline to the outside, I will be delivering in her food and meds and no, I won't be doing nuthin that increases the chances of her getting sick and the same goes for our employees. We will do video conferencing and it will be just fine as well." He rattled off a bunch of trump/Fox News talking points about the swine flu and I told him he sounds like Sean Hannity, now shut and drink your beer.

#2047491 - 03/14/20 11:12 AM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

AOC was upset that Joe Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders. lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pulling-teeth-aoc-backed-away-165225992.html

#2047494 - 03/14/20 01:06 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Joe Rogan. MF’n lunkhead bro and hack comic. Another reason not to like Bernie Sanders. Though I’ll canvass for him 24/7 if he wins.

#2047498 - 03/14/20 02:44 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: kellyfenton]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Joe Rogan. MF'n host of the most popular podcast on earth. And who makes between $75,000 and $100,000 per episode.

#2047499 - 03/14/20 03:08 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

Originally Posted By: DCHawk1
Joe Rogan. MF'n host of the most popular podcast on earth. And who makes between $75,000 and $100,000 per episode.

Amen. He may not always be right, and I might not always agree with him, but he's one of the most important people in sharing information on the planet. I believe he's a lot more genuine and sincere than AOC.

#2047500 - 03/14/20 03:56 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: DCHawk1]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: DCHawk1

Well now THAT’S a sure mark of quality. So him and Rush Limbaugh then.

#2047501 - 03/14/20 04:12 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
lobster Offline
You feel the pinch?

That's like comparing Kansas to K-State.

#2047502 - 03/14/20 04:16 PM Re: This just in..... [Re: parkhawk3319]
kellyfenton Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Obviously wasn’t comparing their work. One is odious. The other just a lunkhead.

Page 155 of 174 < 1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 173 174 >

Preview