Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034318 - 10/11/18 10:54 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
2 wins can't possibly be the benchmark for another Beaty sheetshow for 2019. He has only ONE commit for 2019 so far. That's 1, uno, less than 2. By 2019 the attendance will be near 10K and we can forget about stadium reno completion until 2025.

#2034319 - 10/11/18 11:29 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
2 wins can't possibly be the benchmark for another Beaty sheetshow for 2019. He has only ONE commit for 2019 so far. That's 1, uno, less than 2. By 2019 the attendance will be near 10K and we can forget about stadium reno completion until 2025.

Beaty needs to contact Adidas on the recruiting issues....according to DB, "Kids really like our cool uniform combinations! it's an integral part of our recruiting process."

If we only had another dozen or so uniform possibilities, the guy would already have kids lining up for 2020 and beyond! wink The man is simply an idiot who never should have been given the keys to this or any other football program higher than 8 man HS.

#2034321 - 10/11/18 12:18 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: beenahawk]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If Uniforms are that important then why does Penn State do well with the worst looking uniforms ever, along with Notre Dame. I like a good looking uniform but I like good blocking and tackling better. I really have a problem when they screw with the "school colors!" ISU is rumored to be wearing ALL BLACK this sat against WV and Black is not our school color. Don't screw with tradition. IB

#2034322 - 10/11/18 12:35 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Beaty is gonna go down swingin till the end. Whatever anyone's opinion of him as a coach is, he really is a non-stop energizer bunny kind of guy who'll never quit until absolutely forced to.

I'm still real curious about Vollmar and Long's roles in this coaching shakeup. I think both those guys know what they're doing when it comes to football programs and I think they both definitely had some kind of say in this.

I tend to agree Vollmar has had input during the year. The program seems to have more of a firm direction and different feel to it. That said I don't think they directed Beaty to dire Meachum. I am just not sure what it gets tou. All it does is put more on Beaty's plate and he seems to have a har enough time with his current duties.

#2034323 - 10/11/18 12:49 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
I noticed several times Beaty was really pissed on the sidelines during the WVU game when we had the ball. Someone on twitter even has a gif or short webm video from the game where Beaty "borrows" the headset from another assistant to yell at Meacham up in the booth.

Knew there has been a lot of conflict within the coaches on the O side of the ball over the past year and half, but was under the impression last year that it was more between Yenser and Meacham. Guess some or a lot of it was between Beaty and Meacham too.

I too am not confident in this move either. Don't think Meacham was exactly killing it while he's been here, but I don't think Beaty is going to do any better and a good chance he'll do worse at play calling.

Also agree with Goober we've got some quality guys at the skill positions and overall we've got enough talent on the O side to be a lot better at scoring than we have been so far. The OL is still a work in progress, but I think it's a good deal better now than it was at the beginning of the season and that alone should allow this O to be quite a bit more productive than it has been since Big 12 play began IMHO.

I've really got to wonder how involved Vollmar and/or Long were in this move too. Don't think coach Beaty could make this move all on his own. Gotta wonder if Vollmar is giving "advice" on the O and game plans too. This in turn raises some questions to me about the thinking of Long and what he ends up doing about the football program and that it may not line up exactly with what a lot of people expect.

Meaning what that Beaty may not be on his way out like we all thought he is?

#2034326 - 10/11/18 02:34 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
God, the dolphin torture of Kansas football. Strap my body in and burn it with a cigar butt. Choke me from life-giving water. Let a toddler slap at my temples with a tack hammer.

Who could possibly consider KU football a form of pleasure and entertainment, a diversion from life's usual droning frustrations? Only us. We dwindling, demented fools.

#2034329 - 10/11/18 03:14 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Kirk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kirk
God, the dolphin torture of Kansas football. Strap my body in and burn it with a cigar butt. Choke me from life-giving water. Let a toddler slap at my temples with a tack hammer.

Who could possibly consider KU football a form of pleasure and entertainment, a diversion from life's usual droning frustrations? Only us. We dwindling, demented fools.
Unfortunately, you are correct that I (at least) consider this game each week as a pinnacle of entertainment for my week...sad.

#2034337 - 10/13/18 08:04 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
KUHawkhead Online   sick
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Beaty hasn't really boosted the program for sure, but the defensive side of the ball is better now than it was under the abominable Chaz Frontbutt. Like I've said before.....there ARE pieces now on this team that will not necessitate a start from scratch mentality, but it WILL require COMPETENCE.

RCJHKU!

#2034339 - 10/13/18 09:15 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
The D is not bad. Bowen catches a lot of heat but I think he has done a decent job with what he has. Also the D would have been better over yhe last couple years if the offense was better and on the field more. I wonder where the program would be if KUhad made Bowen the full time coach. That said I am not advocating keeping Bowen. He is too tainted now to stick around when Beaty is fired.

#2034340 - 10/13/18 09:29 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
Beaty is gonna go down swingin till the end. Whatever anyone's opinion of him as a coach is, he really is a non-stop energizer bunny kind of guy who'll never quit until absolutely forced to.

I'm still real curious about Vollmar and Long's roles in this coaching shakeup. I think both those guys know what they're doing when it comes to football programs and I think they both definitely had some kind of say in this.

I tend to agree Vollmar has had input during the year. The program seems to have more of a firm direction and different feel to it. That said I don't think they directed Beaty to dire Meachum. I am just not sure what it gets tou. All it does is put more on Beaty's plate and he seems to have a har enough time with his current duties.
Nah, I don't think anyone directed Beaty to fire Meacham, but I also don't think Beaty did it all on his own and told Vollmar about it later either. Long probably had final say, but didn't weigh in directly is my guess.

#2034341 - 10/13/18 09:30 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Meaning, he wasn't gonna get fired during the bye week like a lot of fans thought. He's probably not gonna get fired before the end of the season either.

#2034342 - 10/13/18 09:39 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

It seems like the firing of Meachum would be agreeable for Vollmar/Long duo at this juncture of the latest version of a dumpster fire.

He doesn't need to be present at the end of this season when the Beaty Ball era ends. One less exit interview for a former employee.

#2034343 - 10/13/18 09:43 AM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
Meaning, he wasn't gonna get fired during the bye week like a lot of fans thought. He's probably not gonna get fired before the end of the season either.
After six games, Beaty not fired until the end of the season isn't really news anymore. He gets his full four year trial experience. Then he gets disbarred .

#2034346 - 10/13/18 12:28 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Defixione]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
^ Exactly.

Long’s primary goal shouldn’t be to fire Beaty, but to hire the best possible head coach. There’s a difference.

In fact though, who knows. His thumb could be up his bum for all we know. Basketball might be all he cares about.

#2034347 - 10/13/18 02:20 PM Re: Meachum fired. [Re: Kirk]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kirk
^ Exactly.

Long’s primary goal shouldn’t be to fire Beaty, but to hire the best possible head coach. There’s a difference.

In fact though, who knows. His thumb could be up his bum for all we know. Basketball might be all he cares about.

Hire the best coach possible is right. My understanding is that Zenger was fired because of football and Long was hired to fix football. I'm sure he care's about basketball too, but the football program is leaving a lot of unrealized revenue on the table and KUA Inc. is spending more than it's taking in. The unsigned deal with Addidas is not helping on that front either.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview