Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Nice little 2 point conversion there.

#2034221 - 10/06/18 02:18 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Is it me, or was this the best coached game we've seen under Beaty?

#2034222 - 10/06/18 02:57 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
It's you wishing this was a well coached game by DB. Sloppy playcalling on both sides of the ball. Run defenses called for WVU passing plays.

I only hope this doesn't begin another round of contract negotiations pretending DB is a BG12 level HC if he gets more time and money. At stake here is, conference realignment and stadium reno. I can easily see us fall into the MAC and never see David Booth stadium improvements.

#2034223 - 10/06/18 03:02 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
Worst possible scenario. KU loses the game but achieves a moral victory and keeps Beaty for a nice “Long” time.

Grrrrr

#2034226 - 10/06/18 04:52 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
WVU played uninspired football today. They gift wrapped turnover after turnover to us and we did nothing with those.

So no, absolutely no. Beaty did nothing to keep this job. In fact, his QB carousel is enough for me to just let him go now. This team can't do anything when they never know which Qb is going to play let alone who is going to start and get reps in practice.

At this point, just move forward now. Its coming, just do it now.

Don't keep that O-coordinator either. Terrible play calling, terrible. Pooka is a game changer. He should see the ball at least 60% of the plays. Design some routes, design some different play calls, but use that kid, he is a game changer.

#2034227 - 10/06/18 04:58 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Sadly enough though, the Big 12 isn't as strong as years past so KU does have some chances, small chances, to win a couple more games.

ISU and KSU really are not great teams and if we show up, we could pull one of those out if not both.

#2034228 - 10/06/18 05:04 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't think the Big 12 would risk losing us in basketball by not competing in football. Before that would happen, we would be in the ACC or Pac 12.

Beaty is not a Big 12 HC. He isn't a HC in any P 5 conference. Beaty is a decent recruiter, and that is about it. We need an identity. We need to play a style of ball that is our own, not TCU or OU's style. Need to find players that fit into a system other than that because we can't recruit comparable athletes to what they get.

#2034234 - 10/06/18 08:03 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
It's you wishing this was a well coached game by DB
Where did I say it was a well coached game? And on a side note, why the hell wouldn't any real KU fan hope for a well coached game? I don't care if it was Steven the water boy who took over as interim HC, I'd still hope for a well coached game for our team!

I asked if it was the best coached game under Beaty. I asked that because I don't recall us shooting ourselves in the foot with bad timeouts, lots of questionable calls on whether to punt or go for it or any other kinds of bigger decisions the HC makes, or seeing lots of indecision and chaos in between plays and possessions. Gave our team at least a shot at winning this game because of all of that IMO.

Felt to me like Beaty may have taken a step back this game and let his assistants do their jobs instead of micromanaging them or particular plays, etc. like it's felt like he's done a lot over the years. That's why I asked if it was his best coached game and that's the only reason why.

#2034242 - 10/06/18 08:30 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If you are thinking that before the game today, I didn't hope for a miracle well coached game, you are wrong. But this game wasn't a bestest game meaning THE best DB should do here at Kansas. Your semantics word play is disingenuous. If you "go for it" on the first offensive possession, then I don't know what foot shooting is.

#2034250 - 10/06/18 08:52 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
If you are thinking that before the game today, I didn't hope for a miracle well coached game, you are wrong. But this game wasn't a bestest game meaning THE best DB should do here at Kansas. Your semantics word play is disingenuous. If you "go for it" on the first offensive possession, then I don't know what foot shooting is.
You;re the one playing your usual word twisting game. I chose my words specifically to have the meaning I intended and not your misinterpretation.

Just like you can't tell the difference between "expecting" and hoping or wishing for something like a well coached game. BIG difference.

Learn to read.

#2034254 - 10/06/18 09:10 PM Re: KU vs WVU game time! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Wishing is like when you wish for a unicorn to appear. Not possible but hoping for a decent game out of DB is less likely than expecting a decent game plan. No mo' DB!!

Reading is paramount to almost any endeavor in life...

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Preview