Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034064 - 10/05/18 12:26 AM Roy's Players don't come back
The_Know Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Have you guys noticed many of the players that played under Roy Williams don't come back to KU for many team events? Bills kids seam to support the program in a big way but not Roys KU players

#2034067 - 10/05/18 12:47 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
The_Know Offline
Junior Jayhawk

LaFrentz , Pierce, Gooden, Collison, Vaughn, Kurt H All no shows around the program

#2034071 - 10/05/18 09:22 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Pierce played is some KU alumni game just last yr...

#2034073 - 10/05/18 09:30 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Weird.

I wonder if they don't feel welcome by the HCBS staff/family. Or maybe they feel resentment by the way the fans treated HCRW on his way out the door.

Weird.

Those guys you listed, and others are some of my all time favs. And some of our all time greats.

Weird.

#2034090 - 10/05/18 10:32 PM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
oldalum Online   content
Pure Jayhawk

I've always thought kids played more for their particular coaches and teammates than for their school. Maybe with Roy gone they don't feel at home here. Pierce is different. He's always followed KU.

#2034110 - 10/06/18 10:41 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Pollard still hangs around ole KU. He was a Roi Boi...but you are correct about the following the coach thing...

#2034260 - 10/07/18 10:59 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Greg Gurley, Greg Ostertag, Aaron Miles, Wayne Simeon, were Roy boys, though Miles and Simeon were crossovers. I'm sure a lot of others have been back for various functions.

Not all of Larry's guys have come back, but many have. Same is true of Ted's guys.

Look how long it took Wilt to come back. I wouldn't make too much of it.

#2034262 - 10/07/18 11:15 AM Re: Roy's Players don't come back [Re: The_Know]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Right. Most players come to KU to play at an elite program that provides maximum exposure as a stepping stone to make the NBA..or get an education...its 1-4 years then gone. Unless they grew up as a Jayhawk fan after they leave none really are going to live ...eat...drink everything Jayhawks like us .

So following the coach makes sense..Considering KUs geographical location I am surprised on how many actually comeback to participate in alumni games and attend regular games.

Preview