Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035055 - 11/04/18 10:49 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
"Despite the heavier than desired JUCO grab last year" is not quite accurate, is it? 2019 has one 4 year athlete so far. So if Beaty gets another year as KU HC, the current trend of 1-2 year commits at Kansas will be worse. I don't believe the JUCO level of player, along with the shorter time frame of having them in the system at Kansas, bodes well for the future.
Talkin about the 2018 class, not the 2019 class. Coach Beaty getting another year isn't very likely so to hypothesize about what his 2019 class would look like doesn't seem productive right now.

And to be accurate, half or more of the JUCO's under Beaty have been 3 year guys, not 1 or 2 year guys and the 1 year grad transfer guys don't add up to hardly any.

#2035065 - 11/04/18 11:56 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Whether it’s 1-3, still counterproductive vs 4 yr players who are better trained in the system. This has been up to Beaty’s choice. Failed at recruiting a routine class for 2018 & now has nearly zero recruits for the Kansas future. He made millions off Kansas.

#2035066 - 11/04/18 12:17 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I agree Kman. There are some parts on this team that will be deemed useful and worth keeping for the next coach. My biggest fear is that players like Pooka will use the new transfer rule, as you KNOW that coaches are going to be ready to pluck kids stuck in a poor system for their own, proven, capable of competing teams. We may well be served by following ISU's basketball formula of getting kids to transfer here in their junior or senior year, being able to compete and contribute immediately.

Two things for sure....1) I doubt that Campbell is still in Ames this time next year. 2) KUAD MUST get this hire right. The future of KU athletics probably hinges on this hire more than any they have made, and yes, that includes basketball. Basketball won't save us WHEN not if realignment occurs again.

RCJHKU!

#2035067 - 11/04/18 12:27 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Wilt Chamberlain

There's big differences between 1 year grad transfers who've been in the D-1 game for 3 to 4 years already vs. 2 year JUCO's vs. 4 year HS guys. Not a ton of difference between 3 year JUCO's and 4 year HS recruits except experience at a higher (than HS) level.

None of that matters though if you can't coach them effectively as a team. That's Beaty's real failure, not his recruiting. We've got enough quality guys right now to be winning more than we are.

#2035069 - 11/04/18 12:29 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Bingo. A few of these guys will be in the NFL soon. Even if Beaty follows Turder Gill's mantra with Chris Harris Jr. and says they aren't good enough to play at the next level.

RCJHKU!

#2035070 - 11/04/18 12:31 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: KUHawkhead]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I agree Kman. There are some parts on this team that will be deemed useful and worth keeping for the next coach. My biggest fear is that players like Pooka will use the new transfer rule, as you KNOW that coaches are going to be ready to pluck kids stuck in a poor system for their own, proven, capable of competing teams. We may well be served by following ISU's basketball formula of getting kids to transfer here in their junior or senior year, being able to compete and contribute immediately.

Two things for sure....1) I doubt that Campbell is still in Ames this time next year. 2) KUAD MUST get this hire right. The future of KU athletics probably hinges on this hire more than any they have made, and yes, that includes basketball. Basketball won't save us WHEN not if realignment occurs again.

RCJHKU!
I dunno, Campbell's buyout is quite large now. Not sure any of the potential school's with deep deep pockets is going to be looking for a new HC next year either. Could happen, but with Campbell's buyout I think there's a good chance he's back again next year for them.

#2035071 - 11/04/18 01:16 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
I will never doubt the impact of Juco transfers for a program that is trying to build something quickly. Watched Snyder make a himself into a legend doing it. If you get the right Juco players, and a good mix of 4 year players, it can work.

You can build a program with some Juco recruiting. Some being the key word.

Were Kansas football. Doesn't ring out like Texas football. We have to take best available, even if that means taking more juco guys. Facts.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview