Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033957 - 09/30/18 01:33 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Kirk Online   embarrased
John Brown

Loc: Austin
At this point I’m not sure if we can assess the team by its performances against much stronger Big 12 teams. The KU game is an off day in their schedules and I doubt that anyone is taking us seriously or going full-out on the field. Why would they?

#2033959 - 09/30/18 03:21 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Tetonhawk]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk
WV will score 70 points and Beaty will be gone.

December is the key time period for the next coach to work and prepare.

NLI Signing Day

#2033967 - 09/30/18 08:25 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Tetonhawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
My group had a bout 25 and great seats (close enough to yell at Chaz Frontbutt and get a player pissed off enough to try and climb the fence to get at us in his final year). I think 4 now still get tickets, but they wonder why they pay premium and will probably stop soon.

RCJHKU!

#2033969 - 10/01/18 10:40 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
shawneehawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Don't look now but......Duke, Central Florida, and KENTUCKY are in
the top 25....AND Duke's 'Student Body' has been nominated for "Top Student Body in College Football" ....if things couldn't be any worse!

#2034528 - 10/20/18 05:04 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
Just pull the plug on this clown.

#2034993 - 11/03/18 12:10 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Really. This needs to end.

#2034998 - 11/03/18 12:48 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Kirk Online   embarrased
John Brown

Loc: Austin
Originally Posted By: Leawood
Really. This needs to end.

You aren't feelin' the progress...?

I'm starting to get used to it. It hurts a little less every time.

#2034999 - 11/03/18 01:10 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

I’m finished with this. I am now holding the AD responsible. Pissed

#2035009 - 11/03/18 02:28 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Third year coach Matt Campbell on his way to his second bowl at Iowa State vs. fourth year coach David Beaty who got his second conference win last week.

Campbell started with a better situation than Beaty, but he has shown consistent progress and just did this today with a much younger team than we have. Their depth chart shows two seniors starting on offense and three on defense, with a total of ten in the two-deep. We are years away from this...

#2035014 - 11/03/18 04:09 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Campbell came from the same conference we went to for Turner Gill. But his support system at ISU to start with was much different than post Mangino.

#2035021 - 11/03/18 04:50 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
And Campbell will get a very lucrative job next year....while we will probably hire another horrific coach.

RCJHKU!

#2035031 - 11/03/18 05:27 PM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Damnit!

#2035050 - 11/04/18 09:38 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: PbBut]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: PbBut
Third year coach Matt Campbell on his way to his second bowl at Iowa State vs. fourth year coach David Beaty who got his second conference win last week.

Campbell started with a better situation than Beaty, but he has shown consistent progress and just did this today with a much younger team than we have. Their depth chart shows two seniors starting on offense and three on defense, with a total of ten in the two-deep. We are years away from this...
Totally agree except the bold part. Campbell started with a much much better situation than Beaty.,He's also shown he can coach on game day and his teams have been showing clear progress on the field since last year. He's definitely a better head coach than coach Beaty.

I feel I have to preface this for the slow witted around here with this, if you switched the 2 coaches and put Campbell at KU in 2015 and Beaty at ISU in 2016, KU would have won quite a few more games by now than we have and ISU would have won quite a few less than they have. Hope that makes it clear enough, this is NOT a defense of coach Beaty's coaching abilities, bit it's still nowhere near an apples to apples comparison of the 2 different situations the 2 new coaches inherited. Rhoads left Campbell one of the most talented ISU teams in a generation or 2, while Weis left Beaty with a team half full on scholarships and probably less talented than any team we've had since the later 1980's. Campbell wouldn't have KU at ISU's current level of on field success in year 3 here if he was hired back in 2015 and he's proven so far that he's a damn good coach.

I make that point because I don't think we are years away from what Campbell is doing at ISU. Despite the heavier than desired JUCO grab last year and a more upperclassman laden team, our roster is in way better shape than it was and it's in good enough shape going forward that a good head coach can start having on field success here in the normal 2 to 3 year window it takes for most good new head coaches to show it. Virtually nobody has a good 1st year unless they inherit the perfect situation, but good coaches start showing some success in years 2 and 3 and our current situation is goon enough right now for that to happen with the right coach.

I'm not buying the it'll take years to turn this thing around mantra. Despite the poor coaching and criticisms of the 2018 recruiting class as well as the non-existent 2019 class (so far) our roster situation is a ton better now than it was in 2015. A good coach can get it done in the normal 2 to 3 year time frame most all good coaches take.

#2035051 - 11/04/18 10:09 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"Despite the heavier than desired JUCO grab last year" is not quite accurate, is it? 2019 has one 4 year athlete so far. So if Beaty gets another year as KU HC, the current trend of 1-2 year commits at Kansas will be worse. I don't believe the JUCO level of player, along with the shorter time frame of having them in the system at Kansas, bodes well for the future.

#2035054 - 11/04/18 10:42 AM Re: How Long Must We Suffer? [Re: Leawood]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
On a side note, I'm perplexed at the comments about the Clones around here. They've beaten several top 25 teams over the past 2 years and have several NFL level guys sprinkled across their roster yet people are commenting about them as if they're the same sucky Clones they have normally been. They aren't. In fact they are a top 25 team themselves and ranked #24 right now.

Ironically enough they can thank Rhoads for most all of the NFL level talent they've got, but unlike Rhoads Campbell knew what to do with it. The ISU teams of last year and this year are the most talented ISU teams I've seen perhaps in my lifetime or at least since the hyped Seneca Wallace teams of 15 years ago.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview