Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033856 - 09/27/18 06:03 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Oh you need a salad with Russian dressing as well.

#2033857 - 09/27/18 06:39 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Damn this became a Vega..Kookoo.and 99 limp wristed food and wine thread....not acceptable...

#2033861 - 09/27/18 10:50 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: jhawks99]
Vega Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: jhawks99
Originally Posted By: Vega
I’ve been getting into wine the last 2-3 years, cooking new dishes I’ve never tried, and have a nice zin that is named Wellington, so had to pair it in flavor and name.

I'm far from a wine expert. I can generally make a decent pairing but that's about where it ends.

Wellies are pretty ambitious, best of luck. I hope they come out well.

Been looking to challenge myself. Some of the bottles are $100+, and been working on aging my own wine, so I don't want to just waste it on a chicken and dumplings type day on Tuesday. I've never even had Beef Wellington, but remember it being a bigger thing in the 80s in like sitcoms, so kinda one of those things I've always wanted to try.

#2033862 - 09/28/18 01:20 AM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: Vega]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

a nice zin

There is no such thing as a "nice zin." Only uppity ruralites would believe otherwise.

#2033865 - 09/28/18 10:08 AM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Vega lives in NYC...thats not rural sweet cheeks...now if he has poor taste that is an entire different subject...

#2033866 - 09/28/18 10:18 AM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
Vega Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Silly to bash zinfandels, especially in early fall.

#2033867 - 09/28/18 01:02 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Considering it was from Jim West I wouldnt worry about it. I often think J West is actually morgansraider. I wonder what ever happen to that guy. And autumn since I am not a wine drinker I enjoy the change from summer lagers to imperial stouts...

#2033868 - 09/28/18 03:13 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
Vega Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Stouts have been getting a strong push lately. There have been some amazing ones being pushed out by craft breweries. I got complete seasonal. Summer is lagers and Hefeweizens, fall is ipas, porters and stouts in the winter, then more session stuff in the spring.

#2033870 - 09/28/18 04:47 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yes Hefeweizens are good. Tbe fine bartenders at the Peanut in Mission gave me 2 of the 22 oz tall glasses with the Hefeweizen logo for free. Currently they dont have any good stouts. Had a Boulevard Borbon Aged Dark Ale at the Yardhouse in the Legends last week. Yeah its a chain tavern but they got the selection.

I still like St. Bernadeus ABT 12 and Deschultes Black Butte Port. New Holland DragonsMilk is pretty good. Not really an IPA guy but Dogfish Head 120 Minute is the sheeat. 18.9 abv...dont even taste the hops. And believe it or not I wish they sold Yuengling lager around here. Still east of the Mississipi only. I dont get that.

#2033874 - 09/28/18 05:39 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
Vega Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Everything Dogfish Head touches is gold. They are closer to me (Delaware) so I see a ton of it. I don't think I've had a bad brew. They also do local collabs with other Breweries. If you ever see those, pick them up, because they are usually pretty limited.

#2033878 - 09/28/18 06:05 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
1985hawk Online   content
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
I prefer Busch Light

#2033879 - 09/28/18 07:46 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Of course you do plowbilly. Its a beer for rural simpletons. Quick who was I imitating...And Vega Dogfish Head is easy to come by here. Its chilly tonight so its the Krakken spice rum and coke for this guy...40s tonight back to high 80s by Monday....ahhh Kansas.

#2033880 - 09/28/18 07:48 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: pwhittemore]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Damn KU girls team taking it to that mens staff team on Late Nite at the Phog...

#2033884 - 09/28/18 10:13 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Vega lives in NYC...thats not rural sweet cheeks...now if he has poor taste that is an entire different subject...

Actually that fits perfectly. Note that I said he was "uppity." He sounds like he is part of a long line of ruralites that leave the farm to taste the big city, find out they can't hack it, and run back to the farm so they can forever regale the other farmfolk with their tales of cosmopolitan living.

Within 5 years he'll be back in farmsville with some excuse like "I wanted to be closer to family" or "the cost of living was too high" or "I just really love the Midwest" or some other nonsense that no one actually believes.

The bottom line is that no one with any actual class likes zinfandels, and certainly no one would ever brag about having a bottle of that swill. And, yes, I can tell everything about him based purely on his three words "a nice zin."

#2033885 - 09/28/18 10:13 PM Re: kansascrimson.com [Re: Vega]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Silly to bash zinfandels, especially in early fall.

Said no one ever. You are exposing your John Deere underwear here.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview