Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033467 - 09/12/18 11:35 PM keegan being keegan....
SPHawks Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KS
Why hasn't the troll tom keegan continued his articles about the interim head coaching candidates? I am frustrated with the lack of production as well, but did 1 win really get him to shut up? (not easy to do)

I try to be as positive as I can about KU football, David Beaty, and everything that goes on with the program, that being said, I want tom keegan to not act like he is all of a sudden a fan when they win a game. He has been nothing but cancer to this program and to anyone who reads his garbage "articles" for years.

#2033472 - 09/13/18 10:37 AM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: SPHawks]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Keegan like the fans is entitled to his opinions. When he writes a straight article, he just presents the facts. You might not like the facts he presents, but he hasn't skewed them in any way shape or form. When he writes or verbalizes his opinion, it is HIS opinion, he doesn't try to state those thoughts as facts...and he normally backs up his opinion pieces with facts.

The simple fact is, Beaty is not a very good college football coach.

#2033473 - 09/13/18 01:05 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Keegan like the fans is entitled to his opinions. When he writes a straight article, he just presents the facts. You might not like the facts he presents, but he hasn't skewed them in any way shape or form. When he writes or verbalizes his opinion, it is HIS opinion, he doesn't try to state those thoughts as facts...and he normally backs up his opinion pieces with facts.

The simple fact is, Beaty is not a very good college football coach.

The fact are Keegan is a fat ass who almost always agrees with Kevin keitzman who hates KU. There is always two sided of a story and Keegan always spins the most negative one toward KU football.

#2033474 - 09/13/18 01:10 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: SPHawks]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Sorry sphawk but as a former journalist I can support Keegs articles and his opinion pieces. They are defined differently and he follows William Allen White school of j rules faithfully. I graduated from there. So have a degree of credibility from KU. LOL. His comparisons of 98 games is a great read BTW. Feel free to respond if you disagree.

#2033475 - 09/13/18 01:16 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: SPHawks]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Again I say to track, you are the most disagreeable poster here. Attacking a writer for his weight issue is like taking on Mangino for his physical attributes. Why not post your pic and have posters fire that crap at you???

#2033476 - 09/13/18 06:25 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
SPHawks Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KS
I am not here to argue the format or style that he writes, I am in no position to critique that. What I can argue is how he acts towards the football program. The product on the field has been worse than bad, I will not argue that. But he finds every situation and finds the most negative way to spin it. How about instead of writing about interim coaches when we still have a coach, he writes about ways to improve what HCDB is doing wrong (since he has all the answers). I am sure Tom knows what he is doing when it comes to journalism, but when it comes to bashing college aged kids, he goes too far. He continues to glorify our basketball team when they have had guys with serious character flaws over the last few years, but will crush guys on the football team who bust their ass and do everything off the field right. I am not asking for him to sugarcoat everything, but be consistent throughout both sports and treat these student athletes with the same respect.

#2033477 - 09/13/18 07:14 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: SPHawks]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I wouldn't be surprised if the paper told him to knock it off. I want Beaty gone as much as anyone, but I thought those articles were pretty classless. I wouldn't even open them.

Most times I do not have a problem with Keegan but this was over the top

#2033478 - 09/13/18 08:26 PM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: moose1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Keegan has been correct with his opinions the whole time. That is why KU replaced Zenger and that is why KU eventually will replace Beaty.

Edited by pizzanbeer (09/13/18 08:43 PM)

#2033481 - 09/14/18 01:53 AM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: SPHawks]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: SPHawks
I am not here to argue the format or style that he writes, I am in no position to critique that.

You're in no position to critique anything. And here we go.

Quote:
What I can argue is how he acts towards the football program.

How he "acts" towards the football program? He's a writer for an independent newspaper. He's not a [censored] cheerleader.

Quote:
The product on the field has been worse than bad, I will not argue that.

Nevertheless, Keegan should write worthless positive puff pieces a la Chuck Woodling?

Quote:
But he finds every situation and finds the most negative way to spin it.

Or, maybe, he's the only one willing to be objective. But, you'll never see that.

Quote:
How about instead of writing about interim coaches when we still have a coach, he writes about ways to improve what HCDB is doing wrong (since he has all the answers).

Beaty is 2-32 against D-I competition. HE HAS 2 WINS IN FOUR YEARS AGAINST SCHOOLS IN THE SAME NCAA DIVISION. TWO. Beaty has proven that there is no improvement. No other fanbase would tolerate this but you rural chucklefucks are so enamored with your own mediocrity that you WANT KU to fail so you can feel better about your own meaningless existence.

Quote:
I am sure Tom knows what he is doing when it comes to journalism, but when it comes to bashing college aged kids, he goes too far.

Bashing college aged kids? Let's see the evidence on that one.

Quote:
He continues to glorify our basketball team when they have had guys with serious character flaws over the last few years, but will crush guys on the football team who bust their ass and do everything off the field right.

Who is he crushing? He has been pretty focused on Zenger and Beaty. Apparently it is impossible for you ruralites to distinguish a critique of MILLIONAIRE administrators from a bashing of students.

Quote:
I am not asking for him to sugarcoat everything,

Yes you are.

Quote:
but be consistent throughout both sports and treat these student athletes with the same respect.

Beaty is not a student athlete.

#2033482 - 09/14/18 10:09 AM Re: keegan being keegan.... [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Keegan has been correct with his opinions the whole time. That is why KU replaced Zenger and that is why KU eventually will replace Beaty.
Beaty has circled the wagons around his big-time salary.

Overpaid for underperformance - that's his mantra.

Preview