Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033458 - 09/12/18 04:18 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
I saw Sayers beat OU nearly single handed. But, the best KU backfield was John Hadl, Curtis McClinton, Doyle Schick & Bert Coan. Simply awesome. Too bad they didn't have a great O-line.

#2033459 - 09/12/18 04:31 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: Tetonhawk]
Tetonhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jackson Hole, Wy
Originally Posted By: Tetonhawk
I saw Sayers beat OU nearly single handed. But, the best KU backfield was John Hadl, Curtis McClinton, Doyle Schick & Bert Coan. Simply awesome. Too bad they didn't have a great O-line.

Only time I know of that an entire backfield (4) was drafted.

#2033461 - 09/12/18 08:28 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: Tetonhawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

Only time I know of that an entire backfield (4) was drafted.

Smaller backfield, but Jaynes, Del Williams and Robert Miller all went in the NFL draft. So did two back up freshmen in Laverne Smith and Billy Campfield (1973).

#2033994 - 10/02/18 02:30 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Pooka is the 1st player in NCAA FBS history, or at least since they've been keeping track of this stat, to have TD runs of 40 yards or greater in his first 4 games.

He also has more rushing yards in his first 4 games than anyone else in KU history had in their first 4 games.

OK, so I "stole" this info from Hawk Talk last night! LOL

Still too early to make a definite determination, but I stand by my initial evaluation of his talents/career potential.

Extremely impressive stuff he's doing, especially considering Okie lite was keying off of him on just about every play and he still busted that 60 yarder on them.

#2034002 - 10/02/18 11:22 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

Loc: Austin
Ku should probably market Pooka a little more to help drive attendance. Maybe they already are, I don't know. Or maybe the NCAA is strict on that.

I mean, I'm sure fans came just to see Gale Sayers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview