Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033375 - 09/09/18 12:41 PM Thoughts on the Game
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
No matter what else happens this year, breaking the road losing steak is huge! It was one of those albatrosses around KUs neck that was just indicative of how things were going. As the team gets these monkey's off the back so to speak it takes some pressure off and they can play better and with more confidence.

This was the first game that I can remember against a D1 team where KU just won the game. To me the Texas win they just gave the game to KU. This game KU just took the game from CMU.

I owe Shakial Taylor an apology. He was a guy that was part of a big problem on the secondary. Yesterday he was a stud. Maybe that was partly due to the competition, but in my mind he took a big step forward.

In Pooka Williams it looks like KU may have found gold in a high profile recruit or transfer. It has been FOREVER since that has happened. Over the recent years, even when KU seemingly gets someone of talent they do not pan out. Pooka at least yesterday lived up to the hype. Obviously he won't do that good against all opponents, but I think he is a player. KU has not had a stud on offense in a LONG time.

Kerr Johnson needs to be the number 1 target, NOT Sims. At least for right now. It is clear he is the best target at this point. That may change, and that may change game to game, which the coaches will have to watch.

Why is KU changing QBs after Bender scored a touchdown? I get the idea of switching up quarterbacks. In general I think it is a good idea. However why take the ball out of the hand of someone that is playing well?

No matter what else happens, this was a fun day, and a good one to be a Jayhawk!

#2033380 - 09/09/18 03:52 PM Re: Thoughts on the Game [Re: moose1]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: moose1
No matter what else happens this year, breaking the road losing steak is huge! It was one of those albatrosses around KUs neck that was just indicative of how things were going. As the team gets these monkey's off the back so to speak it takes some pressure off and they can play better and with more confidence.

This was the first game that I can remember against a D1 team where KU just won the game. To me the Texas win they just gave the game to KU. This game KU just took the game from CMU.

I owe Shakial Taylor an apology. He was a guy that was part of a big problem on the secondary. Yesterday he was a stud. Maybe that was partly due to the competition, but in my mind he took a big step forward.

In Pooka Williams it looks like KU may have found gold in a high profile recruit or transfer. It has been FOREVER since that has happened. Over the recent years, even when KU seemingly gets someone of talent they do not pan out. Pooka at least yesterday lived up to the hype. Obviously he won't do that good against all opponents, but I think he is a player. KU has not had a stud on offense in a LONG time.

Kerr Johnson needs to be the number 1 target, NOT Sims. At least for right now. It is clear he is the best target at this point. That may change, and that may change game to game, which the coaches will have to watch.

Why is KU changing QBs after Bender scored a touchdown? I get the idea of switching up quarterbacks. In general I think it is a good idea. However why take the ball out of the hand of someone that is playing well?

No matter what else happens, this was a fun day, and a good one to be a Jayhawk!

Pooka changed the dynamic of that game. EASILY the best offensive talent we have. a man amongst boys yesterday for sure. He literally made several veteran CMU defenders look silly. Silly I say

Kerr should not be No 1 receiver, IMO. He should remain the #2 target behind sims as he made some clutch and tough catches that I don't think KJ could have made and Charlot should start from here out

3 man defensive line was a complete failure. Besides Wise no one up front there can really do much, and Wise didn't even record a tackle. A TACKLE, meaning one(i.e., Singular)

I think we would have won without the turnovers but always good to have them

Zone read with bender? Complete mind Fuk

Punter kid is good. Better stay in shape this year young man, because your services will needed aplenty

Glad we won, the players actually looked like they were having fun by the 3rd quarter amnd it must have been a great plane ride home.

#2033401 - 09/10/18 10:16 AM Re: Thoughts on the Game [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1

In Pooka Williams it looks like KU may have found(sic DID FIND) gold in a high profile recruit or transfer. It has been FOREVER since that has happened. Over the recent years, even when KU seemingly gets someone of talent they do not pan out. Pooka at least yesterday lived up to the hype. Obviously he won't do that good against all opponents, but I think he is a player. KU has not had a stud on offense in a LONG time.

I totally agree with everything in bold with the slight edit to the Pooka part.

Even if nothing else good happens this season with the team overall, Pooka at least is gonna be fun to watch!

Also don't like the QB switching until we had the game in hand and they let Kendrick finish it up for experience. I'm guessing they think there will be games in which we use Kendrick more than we do Bender because of the style of D we will face. Kendrick looks like the game is still going a million miles an hour for him. He should at least look better when it all slows down for him.

#2033406 - 09/10/18 11:15 AM Re: Thoughts on the Game [Re: moose1]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I think you are right about Pooka. I qualified it because of the small sample size, and it being against CMU. Plus I don't want to jinx it either.

Preview