Max Falkenstien

EASILY the best offensive player we have

#2033334 - 09/08/18 04:00 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: Jman1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jman1
EASILY the best offensive player we have

He is the real deal...I give him a 5 star rating.A miniature Sayers.

Edited by track (09/08/18 04:08 PM)

#2033382 - 09/09/18 05:01 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
1985hawk Online   content
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
If Pooka had played in the Nichols game, I think he would have been a difference maker

#2033392 - 09/09/18 09:33 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: 1985hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 1985hawk
If Pooka had played in the Nichols game, I think he would have been a difference maker
The 2-0 record is unofficial 1985

#2033403 - 09/10/18 10:29 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: 1985hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
No doubt he'd have won that game for us.

In my way way way too early estimation, he may be the best RB we've had since Sayers. Kid is a natural with skills I haven't seen in a RB in a long long time. IF (HUGE IF!) he keeps this up, he may be 1 of the best RB's in the country this year IMHO. He looked just like he did last year in the Louisiana HS playoffs, where he looked more like he was a video game player putting up ridiculous stats, except he did it against a D-1 opponent on Saturday.

#2033405 - 09/10/18 11:12 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

In my way way way too early estimation, he may be the best RB we've had since Sayers. Kid is a natural with skills I haven't seen in a RB in a long long time. IF (HUGE IF!) he keeps this up, he may be 1 of the best RB's in the country this year IMHO. He looked just like he did last year in the Louisiana HS playoffs, where he looked more like he was a video game player putting up ridiculous stats, except he did it against a D-1 opponent on Saturday.

Sayers! Are you nucking futz? Right now he is in the Kerwin and Dino Bell category...he might jump to Cornish territory in a few more games, then on to Sands and Henley, then maybe to a Laverne Smith or Del Williams mode.....but he is a long, long, long way from being mentioned in the same sentence as Sayers!

#2033407 - 09/10/18 11:25 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
Kirk Offline
John Brown

Loc: Austin
^ I was thinking the same thing beenahawk, but didn't say it because people would think I was a poo-poo head.

(Hyperbole is sorta the norm on message boards and social media.)

#2033411 - 09/10/18 11:40 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Sayers! Are you nucking futz? Right now he is in the Kerwin and Dino Bell category...he might jump to Cornish territory in a few more games, then on to Sands and Henley, then maybe to a Laverne Smith or Del Williams mode.....but he is a long, long, long way from being mentioned in the same sentence as Sayers!
I said SINCE Sayers, not that he was as good as Sayers. Big difference.

I also tried to make it obvious I was giving a very VERY (that enough emphasis to make it clear? LOL) early potential assessment of his abilities by repeating "way" 3 times!

All very good RB's you brought up and all legitimate points about them potentially being equal or better than Pooka at this point in time. That's comparing their careers to Pooka's 1 game so far which is NOT what I was doing. I was giving my very early preliminary eyeball test evaluation of what kinds of abilities I saw Pooka show on Saturday and his potential.

Oh, and I think Kerwin Bell was better than Dino. Also think Cornish was better than Henley and maybe Sands. Think you're forgetting about Riggins too. He was right up there with Laverne. Then again, these opinions are in large part from me watching them on video rather than live at the stadium because I wasn't old enough or even alive for some to do that.

#2033413 - 09/10/18 11:49 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I said SINCE Sayers, not that he was as good as Sayers. Big difference.

I also tried to make it obvious I was giving a very VERY (that enough emphasis to make it clear? LOL) early potential assessment of his abilities by repeating "way" 3 times!

All very good RB's you brought up and all legitimate points about them potentially being equal or better than Pooka at this point in time. That's comparing their careers to Pooka's 1 game so far which is NOT what I was doing. I was giving my very early preliminary eyeball test evaluation of what kinds of abilities I saw Pooka show on Saturday and his potential.

Oh, and I think Kerwin Bell was better than Dino. Also think Cornish was better than Henley and maybe Sands. Think you're forgetting about Riggins too. He was right up there with Laverne. Then again, these opinions are in large part from me watching them on video rather than live at the stadium because I wasn't old enough or even alive for some to do that.

Pooka has that Sayers ability to cut on a dime... give the tackler a leg and take it away. Sayers averaged 7 yards a carry his first year. Pooka averaged 8.9 yesterday. Clearly pooka is no gale Sayers based on Sayers hall of fame status. Sayers was bigger and probably faster but pooka’s elusiveness can still make us old timers remember the great gale Sayers and that’s a good thing for ku football. Gale Sayers was the prettiest runner I have ever seen.

Edited by track (09/10/18 11:52 AM)

#2033421 - 09/10/18 02:37 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
appyhawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Pooka BETTER be good. REALLY good. It's the only way he has a chance to stay healthy.

#2033424 - 09/10/18 02:49 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
Pooka BETTER be good. REALLY good. It's the only way he has a chance to stay healthy.
If you remember, the player had problems staying on the field so far. Nothing wrong with his athletics, but is he a head case brewing?

#2033434 - 09/10/18 10:12 PM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: beenahawk]
Goober Offline
Prairie Warrior

I didn't see Sayers in person. I did watch him on black and white TV though. I am old enough to have watched all the others mentioned. Numerous times. I'll take the Diesel.
Just one mans opinion.
I was fortunate enough to watch Bobby Douglass, David Jaynes, Frank Suerer(SP), Todd Reesing. Reesing and Douglass had the best teams around them. Both so much fun to watch. One a video game like QB. The other a battering ram.

#2033435 - 09/11/18 12:24 AM Re: Pooka Williams [Re: DrGreydog]
prairiehawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: KS
A little off the subject, but does anyone know anything about TE James Sosinski? Is he still playing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview