Yardbirdbob Offline
Big Dipper

Lol! Love it Track!

#2033316 - 09/08/18 08:21 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: track]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: track
I think I was one of those that flipped you off. You are a horrible driver and a menace to other good drivers...please stay in KC.

The more Topekians...lol..I can take out the better. Crap town...140000 meth heads...GO KU BEAT CENTRAL MICHIGAN...

#2033317 - 09/08/18 08:22 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: Yardbirdbob]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Lol! Love it Track!

Oh...this is Plano most likely...lol.

#2033342 - 09/08/18 06:44 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Original AFH Gangsta

I guess kknight is feeling stoopid about now....

#2033347 - 09/08/18 08:23 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KKnight Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Why should I feel stupid by asking a question in the forum? Isn't this a place for discussion? Dropping football from KU does not affect KU's D1 status. There in fact are many D1 schools not having football and they are doing fine. You can't fault me for not seeing light in the dark KU football tunnel. Football is not academics, but a football coach gets paid more than any full professor. The money spent to support this losing football adventure could well be used to finance many academic programs and research projects. Kansas is not a football state like Alabama or Ohio.

#2033348 - 09/08/18 08:33 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Kirk Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Austin
I don't understand how KU would benefit from dropping football. Even when we have a mediocre team (oh, how we long for that now), the KU campus offers a tremendous game day experience that people have loved for generations.

The only thing we should abolish is the current coaching staff.

#2033350 - 09/08/18 08:56 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: Kirk]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I told you Kansas had no worries today. Next time bet the farm on my free advice.

#2033353 - 09/08/18 09:26 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
I told you Kansas had no worries today. Next time bet the farm on my free advice.

You apparently have a long and illustrious career waiting for you in Pimping, french ticklers, and sports prognostication. Honestly, you should be an 8 over millionaire

#2033355 - 09/08/18 10:17 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: KKnight
Why should I feel stupid by asking a question in the forum? Isn't this a place for discussion? Dropping football from KU does not affect KU's D1 status. There in fact are many D1 schools not having football and they are doing fine. You can't fault me for not seeing light in the dark KU football tunnel. Football is not academics, but a football coach gets paid more than any full professor. The money spent to support this losing football adventure could well be used to finance many academic programs and research projects.

Kansas is not a football state like Alabama or Ohio.

Go away...today should show u why.

#2033359 - 09/09/18 04:34 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KKnight Offline
Junior Jayhawk

I never consider my opinions the last words. Neither should you.

#2033369 - 09/09/18 10:47 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Original AFH Gangsta

No...I still want u to go away...lol

#2033371 - 09/09/18 10:52 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
madcapper Online   content
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: center of nowhere
Hell yeah, get rid of all sports except intramurals and put the universities to doing what they are suppose to do "educate".

#2033372 - 09/09/18 11:02 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

. Kansas is not a football state like Alabama or Ohio.

Or Montana

#2033393 - 09/10/18 09:57 AM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Why should I feel stupid by asking a question in the forum? Isn't this a place for discussion? Dropping football from KU does not affect KU's D1 status.
No, it doesn't, but it definitely does our P5 status and that's the real rub. P5 conference members receive tremendously more money from athletics than do non-P5 D1 schools. That'd be a crippling blow to our overall athletic budget and hence all of the non-income generating teams which boils down to everything outside of men's bball and football really. It would also greatly diminish our national exposure which in turn diminishes our national brand to an extent as well as diminishing our overall number of admission applications and thus the size and quality of the potential student pool we'd have to choose from.

Students don't just want to become academically educated. They also want to be a part of something like a winning sport's program (as part of its direct fan base) and all of the life experiences, memories, friendships, and overall community bounding that goes along with that. I get that not all students/people are this way, but the vast majority are and it's important to them and their social well being (hence their quality of life at a school), more so than just getting a good academic education.

You can't fault me for not seeing light in the dark KU football tunnel.
No, I don't think you can. It sucks for everyone who cares about KU football, but this has been the longest darkest tunnel we've ever been in with this program.

Football is not academics, but a football coach gets paid more than any full professor.
Because in the vast majority of cases that football coach helps bring in a lot more money than a full professor and any grant monies or research dollars they can bring in. It may rub some people the wrong way, but universities just like everything else in the world, run on money and individuals who can bring in the most get rewarded with the most generally speaking.

The money spent to support this losing football adventure could well be used to finance many academic programs and research projects. Kansas is not a football state like Alabama or Ohio.
No, KU is not a Bama or Ohio St. (I assume you meant the Buckeyes and not the Bobcats) in regards to football, but the part in bold is a fallacy. That money is only there because of KU football. The money being spent on KU football, despite how crappy it's been recently, is only there because KU football exists. Get rid of KU football and all of those millions goes away with it because our membership in a P5 athletic conference goes away and that's where all of that money comes from. Nobody at Big 12 headquarters is going to be funneling tens of millions of dollars or any money at all KU's way if we drop football. That money isn't just sitting around waiting to be used on anything. It's specifically there because we're in a P5 conference with a football program.

#2033509 - 09/15/18 03:27 PM Re: Should KU abolish football? [Re: KKnight]
used_cars Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, TX
It hurts my soul that this thread got started

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview