Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032903 - 08/21/18 10:03 PM Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby!
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Who's with me? Ya, basketball is fun, but there is nothing like football in the fall! It is the best team sport there is - win, lose, or draw!

#2032907 - 08/22/18 02:58 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: Yardbirdbob]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Crickets 🦗

It’s baseball.

#2032908 - 08/22/18 06:13 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: Yardbirdbob]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob
Who's with me? Ya, basketball is fun, but there is nothing like football in the fall! It is the best team sport there is - win, lose, or draw!

It used to be before they discovered all the dangers to the brain caused by football. Hard to rank a sport number one when you wouldn’t let your own child play the game.

#2032911 - 08/22/18 07:51 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: track

It used to be before they discovered all the dangers to the brain caused by football. Hard to rank a sport number one when you wouldn’t let your own child play the game.

Interesting point you made there track...........football is a game for brainless children! Does that explain why Dave Beaty is our coach?

#2032930 - 08/22/18 12:03 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

Interesting point you made there track...........football is a game for brainless children! Does that explain why Dave Beaty is our coach?

More accurately from MY perspective, brainless parents that let their young children play the game. IMO
In fairness though I played the game after school every night on the corner lot when I was in grade school and we played tackle with no pads or helmet.... maybe that’s my issue today. :)😀

Edited by track (08/22/18 12:04 PM)

#2032935 - 08/22/18 01:34 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: track]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

More accurately from MY perspective, brainless parents that let their young children play the game. IMO
In fairness though I played the game after school every night on the corner lot when I was in grade school and we played tackle with no pads or helmet.... maybe that’s my issue today. :)😀

Never self Diagnose Track LOL

#2032937 - 08/22/18 01:39 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: Josh2408]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Josh2408

Never self Diagnose Track LOL
After school, I played baseball every chance I could. I have zero issues today.

#2032939 - 08/22/18 02:18 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

“ I have zero issues today”
Are you sure about that kuco? Maybe we need a forum poll to check if you have issues.

#2032946 - 08/22/18 07:35 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: track]
Goober Offline
Prairie Warrior

Bought season tickets for the first time since '09. We'll only make 2-3 games. It's a 350 mile drive. One way. They'll be better this year. Hope springs eternal.

#2032947 - 08/22/18 07:48 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: Goober]
track Offline
gale sayers

Agreed... they will be better on both sides of the ball. Problem is they need to be much better to get wins as they lost by sizable margins in games last year. If they can get three early wins the confidence factor should help too in making them more competitive in the big 12.

#2032958 - 08/23/18 10:23 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: Goober]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: Goober
Bought season tickets for the first time since '09. We'll only make 2-3 games. It's a 350 mile drive. One way. They'll be better this year. Hope springs eternal.

Now that's dedication yo...

#2032959 - 08/23/18 11:40 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Originally Posted By: Goober

Now that's dedication yo...
I thought you were going to say, "now that's a decision you will regret!"

#2032960 - 08/23/18 11:41 AM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Agreed... they will be better on both sides of the ball. Problem is they need to be much better to get wins as they lost by sizable margins in games last year. If they can get three early wins the confidence factor should help too in making them more competitive in the big 12.
Great to be hopeful, isn't?

#2032965 - 08/23/18 02:16 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: track]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita

Eh I am not that excited. On paper I agree it looks like KU HAS gotten better. That said I have gotten excited in recent years here thinking KU was better than the year before only to be horribly let down. Not going to happen this year. I am not going to get pumped up again only to be let down. If they are improved it will be a joy to see, and I will get on board at that time. At this point I feel like I have been burned before, and they are going to have to show improvement before I am going to jump on board. I am not going to use Coach Beatty's tired catch phrase, because it is just nails on a chalkboard to me, but that is what I am thinking KU has to do.

#2032967 - 08/23/18 02:42 PM Re: Ready for some FOOTBALL, baby! [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
WEEK 1 SAGARIN POINT SPREADS (Central Times Listed)

BIG 12 (Average Opp Ranking: 115.8, Projected Record: 9-1, Avg Point Spread: -21.5)
8/30 (Thursday)
7PM (FS1) - Missouri State @ Oklahoma State (-42)
9/1 (Saturday)
11AM (FOX) - Florida Atlantic @ Oklahoma (-29)
11AM (FSN) - Southern @ TCU (-45.5)
11AM (FS1) - Texas (-11) vs. Maryland
11AM (ESPN) - Texas Tech (+2) vs. Mississippi
2:30PM (CBS) - West Virginia (-8.5) vs. Tennessee
6PM - Nicholls State @ Ku (-11)
6PM - South Dakota @ K-State (-26.5)
7PM (FSN) - Abilene Christian @ Baylor (-37.5)
7PM - South Dakota State @ Iowa State (-4)

Source: Jeremy, WVU site[b][/b]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview