Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032756 - 08/10/18 01:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Hate to tell you this, but fans can't hear the band due to the PA system blasting crappola. Just another way KUAC ruins the game day experience.
Yeah, I don't get this either. It seems to me that they started going way over on the volume during Mangino's last year and have kept it up since. It sounds like crap and doesn't really help anything out, other than to accelerate me possibly going deaf in the future!

Same with the PA system in Allen Fieldhouse. Seems about the time the long time Fieldhouse announcer retired (blanking on his name right now) also about 10 years ago they went over the top with volume levels there too. Though, the past couple years it doesn't seem so bad.

Are the latest wave of students hard of hearing or did a bunch of older near deaf faculty/employees complain they couldn't hear the music or announcements and that's why they did this? I don't get it and have heard some passing comments from time to time from some more influential alumni than me about it too.

#2032757 - 08/10/18 01:26 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Also, looks like KU made the top 3 for Tyreese Jackson, a 6'2" 215lbs. 3 star RB out of Westgate HS in New Iberia, LA. He was thought to be a lock for Virginia until a couple weeks ago when he made a visit up to West Virginia where they put the full press on him and now he's a heavy lean to WVU. He did say right after that visit though that he's going to take all of his official visits this fall and those are planned to be KU, WVU, and Virginia.

#2032764 - 08/10/18 03:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You meant idiot savant, not genius.

On a football note, my wife & I will be cheering on the boys Sept 1. Plan to be near the band to enjoy their tunes. Probably staying at Oread on the hill.
You're all about having the last word even if its moronic. But homie don't play that.

#2032770 - 08/10/18 05:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You meant idiot savant, not genius.
You're all about having the last word even if its moronic. But homie don't play that.
Again, you misspelled "homie". I can see you wearing a little tennis skirt, swishing around. I classify being "that way" as moronic, so wear it proudly, 58.

#2033630 - 09/19/18 11:33 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
daverclear Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: This is America
Kman, any word on visits from the Rutgers game? Seems like that would have been the best game to have recruits to in a long time.

#2033656 - 09/20/18 12:13 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: daverclear]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As best as I can tell, KU had about 8 to 10 recruits in for the game. Some guys playing things really quiet with their recruitment, so it's hard to confirm if they really made it up or not. Jayden Russell, a 6'1" 180lbs. 3 star CB out of Saint Thomas Aquinas in OP was probably the most hyped recruit at the game that I can confirm 100% right now.

Believe Clay Cundiff, our 3 star TE out of Bishop Carroll in Wichita was also at the game.

#2033975 - 10/01/18 04:43 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Could Long already have his next head coaching hire lined out and have him recruiting already? Or is that not a possibility? No restrictions on recruiting if he hasn't officially been hired right?

#2033983 - 10/01/18 08:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Long must be concerned that we only have 2 committed recruits. I noticed the next lowest Big 12 program is KSU at 8 committed recruits and the next lowest is Oklahoma State at 16. If Long waits to hire a new head coach until the end of the season in late November or early December after bowl games then we will have a very weak recruiting class.

#2033991 - 10/02/18 02:05 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jayhawkfan0710
Could Long already have his next head coaching hire lined out and have him recruiting already? Or is that not a possibility? No restrictions on recruiting if he hasn't officially been hired right?
That'd be very much against NCAA rules I believe, especially if supposed coach was trying to recruits guys to KU (i.e. to a specific school)

#2033992 - 10/02/18 02:10 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Long must be concerned that we only have 2 committed recruits. I noticed the next lowest Big 12 program is KSU at 8 committed recruits and the next lowest is Oklahoma State at 16. If Long waits to hire a new head coach until the end of the season in late November or early December after bowl games then we will have a very weak recruiting class.
Only thing that could emolliate that a bit is the fact that we probably can only sign about 17 or 18 recruits tops for this class.

#2034048 - 10/03/18 03:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Only thing that could emolliate that a bit is the fact that we probably can only sign about 17 or 18 recruits tops for this class.

By the time we hire a new guy in December and he gets on board he has about 3 weeks til the early signing period, so maybe he gets 1-2 kids, MAYBE. Then he has 2 months to try to get a few leftover scraps that happened to fall out of the bottom of the dumpster.

Not a enviable position to have to start in.

#2034051 - 10/03/18 07:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jman1
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

By the time we hire a new guy in December and he gets on board he has about 3 weeks til the early signing period, so maybe he gets 1-2 kids, MAYBE. Then he has 2 months to try to get a few leftover scraps that happened to fall out of the bottom of the dumpster.

Not a enviable position to have to start in.

That’s pretty much the same position Beaty started in. That’s why the first recruiting class often doesn’t count for much ... no time for the new coach to recruit a decent class. Of course the big name football schools are going to attract a certain number of players regardless who the coach is. Unfortunately KU has never attracted a lot of players on school name alone...,except for some of the die hard KU fans and families

#2034271 - 10/08/18 12:28 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
Jayhawk86 Offline
Baby Jay

Cudiff is now off the table. Switched his commit to Wisconsin.

#2034285 - 10/08/18 08:36 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jayhawk86]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

This recruiting class is going to be like a scavenger hunt for the next coach. If I was Long that is how I would sell it anyway. It makes it sound fun.

#2034657 - 10/23/18 10:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
Does anyone have any idea where we are with recruiting right now? Is there nothing going on right now because no one knows where they will be working next fall?

We have one commit right now, a RB who if he does stick to his commitment and no one transfers, will be behind Williams, Herbert, Williams at the very least, certainly not a position of need. We had a TE commit, which I never understood that since we have never utilized all the dimensions a TE anyway.

I'm also interested in what others think of the issue, I think Keegan expressed it, that the roster will be worse shape this winter than when Gill or Weis left. The numbers are about the same, but the talent level will be down with the loss of productive players like Wise and Dineen. We may not have seen the bottom yet.

Page 13 of 21 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 >

Preview