Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032756 - 08/10/18 01:08 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Hate to tell you this, but fans can't hear the band due to the PA system blasting crappola. Just another way KUAC ruins the game day experience.
Yeah, I don't get this either. It seems to me that they started going way over on the volume during Mangino's last year and have kept it up since. It sounds like crap and doesn't really help anything out, other than to accelerate me possibly going deaf in the future!

Same with the PA system in Allen Fieldhouse. Seems about the time the long time Fieldhouse announcer retired (blanking on his name right now) also about 10 years ago they went over the top with volume levels there too. Though, the past couple years it doesn't seem so bad.

Are the latest wave of students hard of hearing or did a bunch of older near deaf faculty/employees complain they couldn't hear the music or announcements and that's why they did this? I don't get it and have heard some passing comments from time to time from some more influential alumni than me about it too.

#2032757 - 08/10/18 01:26 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Also, looks like KU made the top 3 for Tyreese Jackson, a 6'2" 215lbs. 3 star RB out of Westgate HS in New Iberia, LA. He was thought to be a lock for Virginia until a couple weeks ago when he made a visit up to West Virginia where they put the full press on him and now he's a heavy lean to WVU. He did say right after that visit though that he's going to take all of his official visits this fall and those are planned to be KU, WVU, and Virginia.

#2032764 - 08/10/18 03:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You meant idiot savant, not genius.

On a football note, my wife & I will be cheering on the boys Sept 1. Plan to be near the band to enjoy their tunes. Probably staying at Oread on the hill.
You're all about having the last word even if its moronic. But homie don't play that.

#2032770 - 08/10/18 05:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2019 News, Updates,etc! [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You meant idiot savant, not genius.
You're all about having the last word even if its moronic. But homie don't play that.
Again, you misspelled "homie". I can see you wearing a little tennis skirt, swishing around. I classify being "that way" as moronic, so wear it proudly, 58.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Preview