Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032657 - 08/03/18 10:23 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
It's the offseason, so we need something to talk about. But there is no chance urban meyer would ever coach football at KANSAS. There is no chance the new AD is going to hire someone so freshly toxic with his first big hire. No way.

Plus, the state of ohio and tosu is football above all. Not sure this, as is, gets him fired.

#2032659 - 08/03/18 10:48 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: MICHHAWK]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
the review committee they put together totally of insiders suggests you're correct, m'hawk.

#2032660 - 08/03/18 11:10 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
the review committee they put together totally of insiders suggests you're correct, m'hawk.
So when Old Balls is put into "the home" finally, the review committee for replacement will NOT be made of insiders totally? Unrealistic and really naive on your part sodbuster.

#2032661 - 08/03/18 11:39 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: MICHHAWK]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
It's the offseason, so we need something to talk about. But there is no chance urban meyer would ever coach football at KANSAS. There is no chance the new AD is going to hire someone so freshly toxic with his first big hire. No way.

Plus, the state of ohio and tosu is football above all. Not sure this, as is, gets him fired.

Totally agree about him not coming here and the same can be said about Briles.
If they believe Meyer lied he will be fired. OSU football is bigger than one man.

#2032662 - 08/03/18 11:41 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: KUCO_VOC]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
So when Old Balls is put into "the home" finally, the review committee for replacement will NOT be made of insiders totally? Unrealistic and really naive on your part sodbuster.

I think you are missing his point. The review committee he speaks of is the one at tosu that will review whether urban meyer did anything wrong.

#2032663 - 08/03/18 12:05 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: MICHHAWK]
track Offline
gale sayers

It is mandatory that he reports any suspicion of an offense to the provost's office, from his employment contract.

The question is... Did Meyer’s wife tell him about the abuse by one of his long time assistants. Does anyone believe she wouldn’t have told when she said she was going to in her text message? Hard to imagine he wasn’t informed by his wife.

currently odds are...
https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2018/08/urban_meyer_fired_odds.html

Edited by track (08/03/18 12:20 PM)

#2032664 - 08/03/18 12:56 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"Of course, this being college athletics, Meyer wouldn't be out of work for long.
There will always be another school that cares more about his success as a coach than his failings as a human being." track's linked article

#2032666 - 08/03/18 03:25 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: MICHHAWK]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

I think you are missing his point. The review committee he speaks of is the one at tosu that will review whether urban meyer did anything wrong.
I understood his post but fail to understand his insistent posting on a non KSU board. Sod buster board is where he should be going to be preachy.

#2032667 - 08/03/18 03:33 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
"Of course, this being college athletics, Meyer wouldn't be out of work for long.
There will always be another school that cares more about his success as a coach than his failings as a human being." track's linked article

Not so sure in today's PC climate! Just look at what you wrote...."...failings as a human being." It wasn't that long ago that most people forgave and offered second chances. Not anymore! Just try tweeting something that some snowflake finds offensive and see how long you have a job!

Oh well, it's all about the secular left....they simply don't believe in "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

#2032668 - 08/03/18 04:13 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: beenahawk

Not so sure in today's PC climate! Just look at what you wrote...."...failings as a human being." It wasn't that long ago that most people forgave and offered second chances. Not anymore! Just try tweeting something that some snowflake finds offensive and see how long you have a job!

Oh well, it's all about the secular left....they simply don't believe in "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

This has zero to do with second chances. If Meyer lied and failed to notify authorities about his assistants behavior he is in breech of his contract and that’s grounds for being fired.

As far as the other..... both the religious right and the secular left have plenty of guilt when it comes to casting the first stone. There is not much difference in that regard.

Here it is straight from Meyer....admitting he lied.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...ling-zach-smith

Edited by track (08/03/18 04:23 PM)

#2032669 - 08/03/18 04:41 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

The belief of one side's issues is only "for the secular left" is the current environment we live in. Not accurate, but is a mainstream belief.

#2032670 - 08/03/18 05:19 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Well, if Urban has now admitted he lied, and lying on this issue is a contractual obligation requiring termination. I hope the Buckeyes can the guy and that our new AD makes an offer and he gets his chance at redemption at KU. That's my take on it.

#2032671 - 08/03/18 05:37 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Well, if Urban has now admitted he lied, and lying on this issue is a contractual obligation requiring termination. I hope the Buckeyes can the guy and that our new AD makes an offer and he gets his chance at redemption at KU. That's my take on it.

Interesting twist. As I understand it he lied in public to the press in response to a question on what he knew. However he reported it back in 2015 to the university. I am not so sure he will get fired now. Sorry beenahawk... I don’t think he is coming to KU regardless.

#2032674 - 08/04/18 12:25 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
I think he will get fired. His wife will be happy to take the money and he will take a job in broadcasting case closed sorry

#2032677 - 08/04/18 09:38 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track

Interesting twist. As I understand it he lied in public to the press in response to a question on what he knew. However he reported it back in 2015 to the university. I am not so sure he will get fired now. Sorry beenahawk... I don’t think he is coming to KU regardless.

agree, track. he lied. but hell what coach doesn't lie to the media? no big deal. and yes, he reported the incident following tosu protocol at the time it happened. the issue is with his superiors not urban meyer. time to move on. espn agrees. rece and pretty face falling right in line with the narrative as to not damage one of their prime properties.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview