Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032629 - 08/02/18 08:58 AM Urban Meyer
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
Alright alright i'll say it. Would you be ok with KU hiring him next year since he'll be fired soon from tOSU?

Dude is shady AF but "just win baby" right?

#2032630 - 08/02/18 09:43 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Alright alright i'll say it. Would you be ok with KU hiring him next year since he'll be fired soon from tOSU?

I'd take Urban Meyer as our next head Coach without blinking. As a matter of fact, I hope Long has already called him.

#2032634 - 08/02/18 11:55 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

I'd take Urban Meyer as our next head Coach without blinking. As a matter of fact, I hope Long has already called him.

While you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, Might as well throw in Art Briles and the ghost of joe paterno too.

#2032636 - 08/02/18 12:09 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: track

While you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, Might as well throw in Art Briles and the ghost of joe paterno too.

Briles is already working again. Joe Pa is dead....that leaves Meyer or our beloved Buddha. I'd take either over the collection of football morons hired by Lew and Zenger.

Now tell me what in the Meyer report alarms you. Wasn't as though he knocked the wife around. This crappolla of a PC society we now have loves to proclaim the innocent guilty....Meyer's supposed crime isn't earth shattering to me anymore than what Mangino supposedly did.

#2032637 - 08/02/18 12:19 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Let’s see what happens at Ohio state... if he gets fired. I am pretty sure Briles would rather coach in the Big 12 than in Italy.

#2032639 - 08/02/18 01:27 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Let’s see what happens at Ohio state... if he gets fired. I am pretty sure Briles would rather coach in the Big 12 than in Italy.
Not a Briles fan at all. Probably a bad fit here at Kansas after Baylor. Meyer's baggage now is very similar. With Long's reputation of getting a qualified replacement in other colleges, I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

#2032642 - 08/02/18 04:18 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
the two most powerful men in kansas are bill self and bill snyder. i'm not sure that kind of sway is right. look at penn state, fsu, baylor, and now tosu, all due to the improper influence of college coaches/sports; and let us not forget the fbi's ongoing basketball investigation. so, seeing what i read here is either the work of sarcasm, i doubt it, or further proof that ethical (perhaps legal) limits are beyond surreal for fans of the game.

#2032645 - 08/02/18 06:35 PM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Ksu's Snyder family has had a suicide lately, so perhaps you feel that way about him. Not feeling too bad about Bill Self and his conduct. "the two most powerful men in Kansas"? Definitely disagree.

#2032649 - 08/03/18 01:01 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Indiana
I would find a new team to root for if we hired a wife beater but I'm probably just in the minority here.

#2032651 - 08/03/18 05:14 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Josh2408]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
I would find a new team to root for if we hired a wife beater but I'm probably just in the minority here.
Nobody has been talking about hiring Smith the alleged wife beater, but rather his boss Meyer.

#2032652 - 08/03/18 05:16 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Josh2408]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
If reports are correct, the assistant for Urban was the alleged wife beater. But yes, plenty of better candidates to replace Beaty.

#2032653 - 08/03/18 07:19 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: Topcitykid10]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess alleged wife beaters will no longer be able to get jobs.
No one will hire them. Society's pendulum swings too far most times.
Should Andy Reid be fired for hiring proven girl friend beater Hill?

#2032654 - 08/03/18 07:39 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: vmlb]
track Offline
gale sayers

The point is did Urban Meyer lie about the incident. Hard to imagine his wife didn’t tell him that one of his long time assistants engaged in spousal abuse when it is clear his wife knew. It’s the lie and failure to take any action that could /will get him fired. It’s the lie/cover up that did in Nixon,Briles and Paterno.... and maybe Trump.

Edited by track (08/03/18 08:01 AM)

#2032655 - 08/03/18 08:19 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The point is did Urban Meyer lie about the incident. Hard to imagine his wife didn’t tell him that one of his long time assistants engaged in spousal abuse when it is clear his wife knew. It’s the lie and failure to take any action that could /will get him fired. It’s the lie/cover up that did in Nixon,Briles and Paterno.... and maybe Trump.

Not that your assessment of the situation is wrong, it could very well be correct. But, you are assuming that Smith's wife is telling the truth about telling Meyer's wife, but assume Meyer is lying when he says he didn't know. According to the Constitution, one is INNOCENT until proven guilty...I only remind you of this because it is obvious that as a progressive, you either don't care about the law or don't understand the concept.

BTW: Where does this Trump guy coach? Bringing your TDS to the football board is more than a bit odd...but I'll play along.

#2032656 - 08/03/18 08:54 AM Re: Urban Meyer [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Not that your assessment of the situation is wrong, it could very well be correct. But, you are assuming that Smith's wife is telling the truth about telling Meyer's wife, but assume Meyer is lying when he says he didn't know. According to the Constitution, one is INNOCENT until proven guilty...I only remind you of this because it is obvious that as a progressive, you either don't care about the law or don't understand the concept.

BTW: Where does this Trump guy coach? Bringing your TDS to the football board is more than a bit odd...but I'll play along.

Not assuming ....It's my understanding there are text messages between the victim and Meyer's wife.

"Courtney Smith, ex-wife of fired Ohio State assistant coach Zach Smith, provided text messages between her and the wives of Ohio State coaches – including Urban Meyer’s wife, Shelley – showing Meyer’s knowledge of the situation.

Meyer said last week during Big Ten Media Days that he had no knowledge of two alleged domestic violence incidents in 2015 with former assistant wide receivers coach Zach Smith that were investigated by the Powell (Ohio) Police Department.

Meyer said had he known, he would have fired Smith in 2015 – three years before he did last week after I reported the alleged domestic violence.

“All the (coaches) wives knew,” Courtney said. “They all did. Every single one.”"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview