Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032118 - 07/11/18 06:07 PM Last Game For Beaty?
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

What is your prediction for the final game Beaty coaches and why are you picking that game?

Nicholls, CMU, Rutgers, Bay, OkSt, WV, TT, TCU, ISU, KSU, OU or Texas.

I decided to add this thread since the recruiting thread is pretty much dead until we get a new coach.

#2032133 - 07/11/18 07:30 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I will go way out on a limb and predict he doesn’t get fired this year.... I think our junior and senior classes are tired of losing and they will turn our fortunes around along with a significantly improved offensive line. Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction but it gives me reason to look forward to this coming year. I am sick of losing and I think the team is too so I am hoping they dig deep and find a way to get 5 or 6 wins. Eternal optimism

#2032149 - 07/11/18 10:01 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: track]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Which 5 games do you expect them to win?

#2032151 - 07/11/18 10:13 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
I think if they fire him when recruitment opens up it would be a mistake, cause then recruits would look at us like what the hell are they doing and not commit. If they fire Beaty wait and announce a coach after your target has had their bowl game.

#2032152 - 07/11/18 11:05 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
I think if they fire him when recruitment opens up it would be a mistake, cause then recruits would look at us like what the hell are they doing and not commit. If they fire Beaty wait and announce a coach after your target has had their bowl game.

Are you saying they should wait to fire him until after the last game because that will help with recruiting?

#2032153 - 07/11/18 11:24 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

yes

#2032154 - 07/11/18 11:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

yes

I hate to break this to you but that would absolutely kill this recruiting class.

Beaty will be fire after KU loses to Rutgers and drops to 1-2. That is assuming they can somehow beat Nicholls St. If they can't, Beaty is gone after 1 week. A new coach will then be named by the end of the season so he can get out and recruit his ass off. The new early signing date really makes things difficult.

#2032156 - 07/12/18 08:13 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
[quote=track Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction [/quote]

I must say, I totally agree with you! laugh

#2032157 - 07/12/18 08:15 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

DB loses to NSU and he is out the door before Keegan has a chance to write the story. Me honestly thinks the man is gone before the end of September.

#2032158 - 07/12/18 08:40 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
DB loses to NSU and he is out the door before Keegan has a chance to write the story. Me honestly thinks the man is gone before the end of September.

If he is going to get canned I would prefer it to be early rather than late in the season.

Long strikes me as someone who is going to make sure he has all his Ts crossed and given he isn't starting until August I doubt he will act quickly

Edited by track (07/12/18 08:42 AM)

#2032159 - 07/12/18 08:53 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Frankenhawk Offline
Big Dipper

I think he gets to the Baylor game. We will be 1-3 (at best) after that loss. I know that 1-2 or even a possible 0-3 against that weak non-con is enough to fire him, but I think he will get the first Big12 game before being canned.

It will also show how pathetically far behind Beaty has us, further supporting his firing. In what will be year two for Rhule, he will crush us by at least 42 points in Waco. He came in last year with a bunch of Freshman and walk-ons and kicked the crap out of us in Lawrence. With a two year head-start on him, Beaty has us at least a decade behind what Rhule is doing at Baylor.

#2032169 - 07/12/18 12:27 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: beenahawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

[quote=track Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction

I must say, I totally agree with you! laugh [/quote]
I figured either you or kuco would pick up on the idiot part😀

#2032170 - 07/12/18 01:55 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: EstebanBugatti]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
yes

I hate to break this to you but that would absolutely kill this recruiting class.

Beaty will be fire after KU loses to Rutgers and drops to 1-2. That is assuming they can somehow beat Nicholls St. If they can't, Beaty is gone after 1 week. A new coach will then be named by the end of the season so he can get out and recruit his ass off. The new early signing date really makes things difficult.

If KU wants to salvage this recruiting class, then Long could fire Beaty mid-season and hire a new head coach that is not employed this season, like Bielema or Miles. Then they could start recruiting during the season.

If KU wants to hire a coach that is coaching this season, then it will be tough for the new coach to build much of a recruiting class, since the early signing day is in December. However, the benefit is getting a coach coming off a winning season.

#2032172 - 07/12/18 06:11 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

I also think Beaty gets canned after the Baylor game. I would be OK with sacrificing a recruiting class if it means getting a good coach the caliber of a Chris Peterson at Washington, Matt Campbell at ISU and Gary Pinkel when he was at Missouri.

#2032181 - 07/12/18 07:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Firing Beaty after the WV game on October 6th looks like a good time. It gives Long 3 nonconference games and 3 conference games to make a decision on Beaty. He probably will be on a 4 game losing streak to Rutgers, Baylor, Oklahoma State and WV. Firing him after the WV game gives the players some time to feel sad during the bye week. Then they can start preparing for the road game at TT during the next week and be in a better mood.

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/12/18 08:10 PM)

#2032223 - 07/14/18 04:39 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Rarely do new head coaches get hired in the middle of the season. Beaty is either given the entire year or is fired in the middle and once again Bowen is the interim.

#2032225 - 07/14/18 05:55 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Newell wrote this in an article. "So let’s be frank here: An 0-3 start would be disastrous, while a 1-2 beginning wouldn’t be much better. Lose two of those three — in your fourth season on the job — and I wouldn’t think Long would need to see more to go ahead and make a move."

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg...l#storylink=cpy

#2032226 - 07/14/18 05:58 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Rarely do new head coaches get hired in the middle of the season. Beaty is either given the entire year or is fired in the middle and once again Bowen is the interim.

Do you think it is more likely Beaty gets fired mid-season or at the end of the season?

#2032231 - 07/14/18 10:16 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer

Do you think it is more likely Beaty gets fired mid-season or at the end of the season?
Hard to say. I would say 50/50. Also depends how many games we win up to the middle of the season.

#2032236 - 07/15/18 03:54 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Doesn't really matter does it?

DEAD MAN WALKING

No chance in heel tha Long keeps Master Beaty around after this season unless he goes all nick Saban on us and wins the national championship

Edited by Jman1 (07/15/18 03:55 PM)

#2032237 - 07/15/18 03:57 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

yes

If KU wants to salvage this recruiting class, then Long could fire Beaty mid-season and hire a new head coach that is not employed this season, like Bielema or Miles. Then they could start recruiting during the season.

If KU wants to hire a coach that is coaching this season, then it will be tough for the new coach to build much of a recruiting class, since the early signing day is in December. However, the benefit is getting a coach coming off a winning season.

Salvage the current recruiting class???? What I think we have 3 commits? Changing coaches would be a complete disaster right??

#2032238 - 07/15/18 05:29 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Bye week will be adequate. Shitcan the millionaire for good. One BG12 win for that kind of money. Wow

#2032309 - 07/17/18 09:14 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Girod would not have hired a new AD like Jeff Long if he intended to keep Beaty. I think the plan is to get rid of Beaty as soon as he racks up enough losses this season so Long can get a head start on hiring a new coach.

#2032312 - 07/18/18 12:18 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

Bowen will never be the interim coach again. He will be shown the door with his vacation buddy.

#2032313 - 07/18/18 07:23 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: EstebanBugatti]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Bowen will never be the interim coach again. He will be shown the door with his vacation buddy.
The idea of Bowen as interim coach is as likely as Zinger coming back as Asst Coach. Zero chance.

#2032327 - 07/18/18 03:56 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No one can hire someone in the middle of the season because a)the coach they want is currently employed or b) no one can expect to install a new offense or defense in the middle of the season.

#2032330 - 07/18/18 07:28 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

No one can hire someone in the middle of the season because a)the coach they want is currently employed or b) no one can expect to install a new offense or defense in the middle of the season.
Well, the coach being hired could be someone other than a currently employed individual. I believe an interim coach for the remainder of the year is very possible. Just not the BBF of DB.

#2032331 - 07/18/18 09:22 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Well, the coach being hired could be someone other than a currently employed individual. I believe an interim coach for the remainder of the year is very possible. Just not the BBF of DB.
Could be but installing a new philosophy and culture is not going to be easy in the middle of the season.

#2032333 - 07/18/18 09:46 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

DB strategy now is to not lose. It doesn't mean a huge change like you believe at mid-season. There is no winning culture now either. Not going to make a difference for this year DB or no DB.

#2032350 - 07/19/18 10:27 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

" Not going to make a difference for this year DB or no DB."

Exactly my point.

#2032353 - 07/19/18 12:01 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Exactly my point.
I know you want to make some kind of point here, but it's pointless. The sooner we fire the DB regime is over, the better. Yes, the team won't win any more or less this year, but the players will be relieved of the responsibility of getting the guy canned. Get it over with now and give all other potential candidates a chance to think about the Kansas University brand that they will want to create. DB never knew what "a brand" meant in all his four years here.

#2032360 - 07/19/18 02:46 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

#2032362 - 07/19/18 02:48 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Football makes Bowl game.

Too much headache and pain watching KU football, so we need some wins and football in December.

#2032368 - 07/19/18 03:31 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Maximus]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Maximus

Too much headache and pain watching KU football, so we need some wins and football in December.

That is not the correct answer because it would mean that Beaty stays on as HC.

#2032369 - 07/19/18 04:34 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas

If I'm reading you right, then if somehow KU made a bowl game this year (I'm not predicting this BTW) it'd be bad because it would have been in spite of coach Beaty and not because of him? Seems a little weird on the surface here.

#2032372 - 07/19/18 05:37 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

If I'm reading you right, then if somehow KU made a bowl game this year (I'm not predicting this BTW) it'd be bad because it would have been in spite of coach Beaty and not because of him? Seems a little weird on the surface here.

I have watched enough KU football coached by Beaty to know he is not the right coach for KU. The regression in stats last season back up what I saw on the field. If Beaty lucked into a 5-7 season then Long might keep him and that would just delay the rebuild under the new head coach.

#2032373 - 07/19/18 06:14 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Exactly my point.
I know you want to make some kind of point here, but it's pointless. The sooner we fire the DB regime is over, the better. Yes, the team won't win any more or less this year, but the players will be relieved of the responsibility of getting the guy canned. Get it over with now and give all other potential candidates a chance to think about the Kansas University brand that they will want to create. DB never knew what "a brand" meant in all his four years here.
You can't fire him now because there is no one else to take over. You don't seem to grasp that.

#2032378 - 07/19/18 11:01 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I have watched enough KU football coached by Beaty to know he is not the right coach for KU. The regression in stats last season back up what I saw on the field. If Beaty lucked into a 5-7 season then Long might keep him and that would just delay the rebuild under the new head coach.
Yeah, I get that we've all seen the results and it doesn't look good, but if we somehow went 6-6 this year wouldn't coach Beaty have a lot to do with that? Either the team would be playing a lot better because of better improved coaching or they'd play well enough to go 6-6 because of raw talent despite poor coaching which in turn means Beaty has been recruiting quite well.

Again, I'm not predicting any of that is going to happen nor do I expect it to happen, but rather I'm just taking the logic behind your hypothetical to its ends which would mean either coach Beaty learned from his mistakes and became a much better game day coach or he's been recruiting well enough to overcome his game day coaching mistakes. If the former is true then you'd think people wouldn't want him fired anymore and if the latter is true then he may still get the axe but it'd buy him a few more years I'd think and leave the roster talent in very good shape for a new coach.

#2032380 - 07/20/18 07:19 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Beaty is far too stupid on game day to win any close games, provided his game plan even gets him in a close game. He'll study his "analytic charts" then determine that the team that doesn't fumble in the last 2 minutes wins the game 89.78 % of the time, so his focus will be to not fumble. The man is simply a boob not attached to a decent body with a headset for a nipple.

#2032381 - 07/20/18 07:42 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If Beaty took KU to a bowl game, then I am happy and it's the correct answer. It's about the football program winning, not who is the head coach.

#2032385 - 07/20/18 09:08 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Maximus]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If Beaty took KU to a bowl game, then I am happy and it's the correct answer. It's about the football program winning, not who is the head coach.

Good LORD! They are now cloning Dave Beaty!!!!1

#2032391 - 07/20/18 11:43 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"You can't fire him now because there is no one else to take over..."-58.

I don't think you are reading what you post anymore. Of course, we can replace the most inexperienced, unqualified, boob, KU has overpaid to manage their football program, in a moment's notice with an interim one. And I heartily recommend that it happen sooner than later.

The hypothetical 6-6 season for DB would result in a discussion about why he was so pathetic in his earlier years. But, face it kman, he isn't capable of running a lunch counter, let alone suddenly winning 6 in 2018. Not even a discussion point at this juncture of his "career".

#2032401 - 07/20/18 04:55 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Yeah, I get that we've all seen the results and it doesn't look good, but if we somehow went 6-6 this year wouldn't coach Beaty have a lot to do with that? Either the team would be playing a lot better because of better improved coaching or they'd play well enough to go 6-6 because of raw talent despite poor coaching which in turn means Beaty has been recruiting quite well.

I know you love to keep hope alive for each new season and I do too. You and I just hope for different things. Girod did not hire Long to keep Beaty and that is a good long term decision for the KU football program. Get onboard Kman because you know Beaty needs to go.

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/20/18 04:56 PM)

#2032405 - 07/21/18 01:09 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I thought I was clear in that I wasn't predicting nor expecting a 6-6 type season, but rather taking your earlier statement on face value. That statement just came off weird to me if you applied the logic of it to a hypothetical good season as that'd most definitely change a lot of things for a lot of people. Again, I'm not saying I think it'll happen. Just taking it to its logical potential ends.

Yes, I'm almost always hopeful at the beginning of a season and optimistic (as reasonably can be expected) but I wasn't pushing that at all. I agree with Maximus, I'm on board with KU football and I don't care who's at the helm. I care about KU winning again. I wouldn't care one way or the other if coach Beaty somehow pulled it out and turned us into a consistent winner again or if he's fired immediately and some other coach comes in and turns us into a consistent winner. Bottom line, I''m on board with KU football and not any particular coach. So, I don't really think you and I hope for different things as I think we both want KU to start winning again.

I do think Girod hired Long to "fix" our football program whatever that may mean as I think Girod has confidence in Long's ability to make the correct decisions to make that more likely than not. Ever since I first met Girod and talked to him and later read up on him I've had confidence in him. more than I've had in a KU chancellor in quite a while now. He understands how a good athletic department and in particular good football and men's basketball teams are important to and helps out the university as a whole, including the academic side. I also like that he's a genuine KU sports fan and has been one for a long time before he became chancellor.

#2032406 - 07/21/18 01:22 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

But, face it kman, he isn't capable of running a lunch counter, let alone suddenly winning 6 in 2018. Not even a discussion point at this juncture of his "career".
It'd only be a heavily participated in discussion if it actually happened.

It's just a weird idea to me that if somehow Beaty got us to a bowl game that'd be worse as it would probably mean he's the HC for more time, but that would also seem to suggest that he got better as a HC, or at least better enough to get us to a bowl game. Just a strange idea to me.

I guess you could say it was just a fluke maybe and that's why it would be worse (cause he'd go back to sucking the next year)?

#2032409 - 07/21/18 11:12 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

pizzanbeer had the idea of not giving DB a chance to remain if 6-6 was to suddenly pop out in 2018.

I have said before that Satan could be coach if only he would win some games. My opinion is unchanged. So switch DB with Satan if he wins 6 this year.

The reality is after 3 years, Satan is ALL-TIME the worst P5 D1 HC in the history of NCAA coaching, IMO.

#2032426 - 07/22/18 08:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't think you are reading what you post anymore. Of course, we can replace the most inexperienced, unqualified, boob, KU has overpaid to manage their football program, in a moment's notice with an interim one. And I heartily recommend that it happen sooner than later.

The hypothetical 6-6 season for DB would result in a discussion about why he was so pathetic in his earlier years. But, face it kman, he isn't capable of running a lunch counter, let alone suddenly winning 6 in 2018. Not even a discussion point at this juncture of his "career".
Rinse, repeat.

#2032427 - 07/22/18 10:55 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Rinse, repeat.
Don't forget to spit.

#2032560 - 07/27/18 05:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I predict the kids know what is about to happen and that Beaty is shown the door with his golden chute at 0-5.

I also predict our next coach happens to be a guy that likes to crash Harley's with young blondes on the back, and I have NO problem with that. As shitty as our program has been since we committed suicide by firing Mangino, I am fine cheating to win.

RCJHKU!

Edited by KUHawkhead (07/27/18 05:43 PM)

#2032561 - 07/27/18 06:36 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

HH - we think alike. Get the guy here & give him his own bike along with Sturgis VIP room in August each year.

#2032573 - 07/28/18 02:40 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Last game for Beaty, 2038 BCS National Championship Game. A nail-biting victory over the Clemson Tigers. He rides out into the sunset. Calling it now

#2032622 - 08/01/18 08:10 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
RedSoxHawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas City
Maybe Beaty's last game should have already happened? Urban Meyer might be fired and therefore he will be labeled a disgraced coach. KU is a disgraced football program so sounds like a match made in heaven. Meyer regains his good name at KU and leads them to decent standing then moves on leaving one of his assistants in his place with a system installed.

#2032624 - 08/01/18 10:12 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: RedSoxHawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: RedSoxHawk
Maybe Beaty's last game should have already happened? Urban Meyer might be fired and therefore he will be labeled a disgraced coach. KU is a disgraced football program so sounds like a match made in heaven. Meyer regains his good name at KU and leads them to decent standing then moves on leaving one of his assistants in his place with a system installed.
We'd be a lot better than decent here at KU if Urban Meyer were our coach. He's arguably the best coach in the business right now.

#2032628 - 08/02/18 08:01 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
DrGreydog Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
Can we afford an Urban Meyer?

#2032631 - 08/02/18 09:45 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: DrGreydog]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
Can we afford an Urban Meyer?

If he actually becomes available, can we afford NOT to offer/hire?

#2032806 - 08/16/18 04:48 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Meyer stays put. We have other fish to fry. Beaty never had a serious background that pointed to him being successful at Kansas. He played hackysack before game 1 with students, bet he would never think of doing it again as KU HC. After all, he IS a millionaire so he must be good-at something.

#2032844 - 08/18/18 04:19 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bob Stoops anyone?

#2032856 - 08/20/18 05:19 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Bob Stoops anyone?
Stoops family is heavily invested into OU and he did 19 years as HC there. Four different bowl games winner at least. Sure, offer $1.5 for three years to the retired old duffer. I'm sure he is a retired guy needing the money. LOL

#2032858 - 08/20/18 07:48 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bob Stoops anyone?

Will NEVER happen. Not because we don't have the $$$$$ or that we are too far gone. He made it clear he wants the chance to watch his kids grow up and attend HS football games to do that without the NCAA coming down on him.

#2033146 - 09/01/18 09:59 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Bob Stoops anyone?

Will NEVER happen. Not because we don't have the $$$$$ or that we are too far gone. He made it clear he wants the chance to watch his kids grow up and attend HS football games to do that without the NCAA coming down on him.
Beaty is doing a scorched earth scenario in Lawrence. H Defense is NOT a defensive player who should be playing at this level. Shows the horrible evaluator Bowen/Beaty is here at Kansas. How many more of these sh**t shows do we have to see with Beaty as HC?

#2033149 - 09/01/18 10:13 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

[/quote]Beaty is doing a scorched earth scenario in Lawrence. H Defense is NOT a defensive player who should be playing at this level. Shows the horrible evaluator Bowen/Beaty is here at Kansas. How many more of these sh**t shows do we have to see with Beaty as HC?[/quote]
how many games are left in the season?...that's how many sh#it shows. With or without beaty and bowen the shi$t show will go on until we have a full team of division one ability athletes.

Edited by track (09/01/18 10:14 PM)

#2033150 - 09/01/18 10:20 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
Beaty is doing a scorched earth scenario in Lawrence. H Defense is NOT a defensive player who should be playing at this level. Shows the horrible evaluator Bowen/Beaty is here at Kansas. How many more of these sh**t shows do we have to see with Beaty as HC?[/quote]
how many games are left in the season?...that's how many sh#it shows. With or without beaty and bowen the shi$t show will go on until we have a full team of division one ability athletes. [/quote]

Sh**t shows stop the moment Beaty is fired. Then the players will be MUCH better. They lack proper skills for a P5 conference due to the lack of coaching skills being developed by Beaty's staff. Dump the sh**t shows!!

#2033158 - 09/02/18 12:20 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
RoadWarrior Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Oveland Park, KANSAS
Just curious.

Other than the players and the band, how many students were at the game? I know there are usually a die hard 300 or so hovering around the 25-40 yard line on the East side, but anything?

During the broadcast on TV (for those of you smart enough not to watch) the East Side was NEVER shown...and with this bunch leading our team to defeat every Saturday, there maybe a time when there might be 300 FOR kickoff on the East.

I have officially given up...I can't take anymore. I dumped season tickets 4 years ago because of family sports on Saturdays in the fall...thank goodness...Thousands saved, even more time saved, and I get to watch what KU fans would love to see..a Victory.

We all know this, but we need a giant football enema and it starts on November 23rd at about 2:30. Then we will see our next coach take David Beatty's players to a 4-8 record in year one, 7-5 in year 2 and eventually end up with a 8-4/9-3 season sometime before 2025...It's been done before, it can be done again.

#2033160 - 09/02/18 12:24 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I fully expect Beaty to be let go in the next three weeks. There's no reason to keep a man who almost makes Chaz Frontbutt look like he knows what he's doing around.

#2033161 - 09/02/18 12:25 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUHawkhead]
RoadWarrior Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Oveland Park, KANSAS
Agreed...being 0-4 will help also...

#2033164 - 09/02/18 12:34 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article120464853.html

I didn't realize we were giving him $50,000 bonuses every time he won a [censored] game. How the hell did this ever get approved?

#2033165 - 09/02/18 09:54 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: JimWest]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jim....KU is truly the poster child for poor contract writing and development. I know a person who guest lectures at the Law School who is a corporate attorney who specializes in contractual law. He has actually used the Turner Gil contract (names and dollar amounts blacked out) as the perfect example of one of the worst contracts ever written, with what it guaranteed the guy who was coming to work for you, the employer. He said it was obviously written very rapidly, and basically begged for anyone to be the coach, once the Harbaugh situation imploded thanks to Lew trying to flop a bigger dick out on the table than Jim H had.

RCJHKU!

#2033166 - 09/02/18 10:19 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

More losses to 1AA schools than wins vs 1A schools. Maybe he can take Zingers job at Free State when Zinger quits next season.

#2033170 - 09/02/18 10:36 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: JimWest]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: JimWest
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article120464853.html

I didn't realize we were giving him $50,000 bonuses every time he won a [censored] game. How the hell did this ever get approved?

Does the contract require Beaty to pay back $50,000 for every IAA loss? I think that would be motivation enough to maybe win one of those battles every once in while.

#2033181 - 09/02/18 04:24 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I honestly don't think Beaty will be fired until the last game of the season

#2033183 - 09/02/18 04:41 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
track Offline
gale sayers

If that is true we will miss an entire recruiting class because we have about zip now

#2033184 - 09/02/18 04:52 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

If that is true, then the hiring of Long and Vollmer was a COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY and a continued exercise of futility by arguably the most apathetic and inept athletic department in college sports history.

In the last 10 YEARS, it has not dawned on any of these KU nit-wits that FOOTBALL DRIVES THE BUS. If they had come to that earth rattling revelation & realization in 08, the athletic department would prolly be +$200 Mill over what it is today.

It would be interesting to see the numbers and just how far the football program is in the red for those 10 years. I know, I know, the defenders of the athletic department and state of football at will say "it's not in the red because of the TV contracts and the Big XII-3 conference contracts", but it is and it's a huge money sucker. KU football didnt garner any of the contract money and more probable than not actually diminished the Big 9 contract money

#2033185 - 09/02/18 05:03 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Jman1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Agreed.... no reason in the world we should be as bad as we have been. Alums,AD department, fans and the chancellor need to all get on board to get this train turned around. No more shitty hires like zenger, Gill, chasass and Beaty.

#2033186 - 09/02/18 05:26 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Beatty should have been immediately fired after that loss....but u dumb local yokels that accepts Midwest mediocrity will let him stick around...#firebeattynow..

#2033189 - 09/02/18 06:30 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I can guarantee you that we are at least a half a billion lower in ACTUAL revenue than we would be had we capitalized on the success in 07 and not ran the only real coach I've seen in my many years as a KU fan off.

RCJHKU!

#2033203 - 09/03/18 10:26 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I can guarantee you that we are at least a half a billion lower in ACTUAL revenue than we would be had we capitalized on the success in 07 and not ran the only real coach I've seen in my many years as a KU fan off.

RCJHKU!
"Kansas’ latest embarrassing defeat on the gridiron led to one of the school’s professors suggesting a radical change.

Corey Rayburn Yung, who is a professor at Kansas University’s law school, suggested in a series of tweets that the school should drop the football program entirely."

#2033204 - 09/03/18 10:28 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"Kansas’ football team has fallen upon hard times and become one of the worst in Division I. Since Mark Mangino was fired after going 5-7 in 2009, the program has gone through three head coaches and hasn’t done better than 3-9 in any given season. Turner Gill and Charlie Weis both flamed out there, and the program has become an utter joke under David Beaty. Beaty is now 3-34 including Saturday’s loss to Nicholls State.

Maybe before giving up the program entirely, they should try to hire a better coach who can at least get them to three wins."- Larry Brown Sports source

#2033211 - 09/03/18 02:31 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Yung is a moron - just look at his picture.

#2033212 - 09/03/18 03:00 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I am sticking with Larry Brown sports over Young suggests that we try new coaching. Just a pro con posts deal Jim.

#2033220 - 09/03/18 09:25 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Unfortunately that could be very true. I just don't see how Bowen or Meacham can be any better.

#2033244 - 09/04/18 11:47 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I bet Meacham would do a better job.

If/when Beaty is let go during the season, I'd prefer the interim coach to be in order of preference,

#1 Meacham
#2 Miller
#3 Hull
#4 Ricker

I think they should let Bowen go the same day they let Beaty go and I could maybe flip flop #3 and #2 in my order of preference. I believe Meacham is actually getting held back by Beaty's input/influence on the O side of the ball right now. I saw it a lot on the sidelines last year too. Though, I'm not sure who was responsible for putting Kendrick in, in OT. That was an extremely predictable situation for their D to defend. We hadn't been able to block them worth a sh|it all game and they think putting Kendrick in, which 100% meant we were gonna try and run it, was going to work?? Yeah, let's let their D know we aren't going to throw it this down, so you all can just pin your ears back and come hard at stopping our run play.

#2033249 - 09/05/18 06:08 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/kansas-a...ocid=spartandhp

This is beyond the "kiss of death" time for current Kansas Head Coach David Beaty. He can no longer be the head of the program day-to-day. His best move for the sake of the program would be to step aside. But whenever major money is involved, it's hard to discontinue slurping the gravy.

At some point in time, even nice guys (DB) know that the party is over and the host (AD Long) wants you to go home. Any accomplishments to remember? If being truthful, the Texas upset was it. I personally enjoyed the Weis Iowa State win MUCH better...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview