Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032118 - 07/11/18 06:07 PM Last Game For Beaty?
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

What is your prediction for the final game Beaty coaches and why are you picking that game?

Nicholls, CMU, Rutgers, Bay, OkSt, WV, TT, TCU, ISU, KSU, OU or Texas.

I decided to add this thread since the recruiting thread is pretty much dead until we get a new coach.

#2032133 - 07/11/18 07:30 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
I will go way out on a limb and predict he doesn’t get fired this year.... I think our junior and senior classes are tired of losing and they will turn our fortunes around along with a significantly improved offensive line. Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction but it gives me reason to look forward to this coming year. I am sick of losing and I think the team is too so I am hoping they dig deep and find a way to get 5 or 6 wins. Eternal optimism

#2032149 - 07/11/18 10:01 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: track]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Which 5 games do you expect them to win?

#2032151 - 07/11/18 10:13 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
I think if they fire him when recruitment opens up it would be a mistake, cause then recruits would look at us like what the hell are they doing and not commit. If they fire Beaty wait and announce a coach after your target has had their bowl game.

#2032152 - 07/11/18 11:05 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Josh2408
I think if they fire him when recruitment opens up it would be a mistake, cause then recruits would look at us like what the hell are they doing and not commit. If they fire Beaty wait and announce a coach after your target has had their bowl game.

Are you saying they should wait to fire him until after the last game because that will help with recruiting?

#2032153 - 07/11/18 11:24 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Josh2408 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Indiana
yes

#2032154 - 07/11/18 11:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Phog Fanatic

yes

I hate to break this to you but that would absolutely kill this recruiting class.

Beaty will be fire after KU loses to Rutgers and drops to 1-2. That is assuming they can somehow beat Nicholls St. If they can't, Beaty is gone after 1 week. A new coach will then be named by the end of the season so he can get out and recruit his ass off. The new early signing date really makes things difficult.

#2032156 - 07/12/18 08:13 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
[quote=track Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction [/quote]

I must say, I totally agree with you! laugh

#2032157 - 07/12/18 08:15 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
DB loses to NSU and he is out the door before Keegan has a chance to write the story. Me honestly thinks the man is gone before the end of September.

#2032158 - 07/12/18 08:40 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: beenahawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
DB loses to NSU and he is out the door before Keegan has a chance to write the story. Me honestly thinks the man is gone before the end of September.

If he is going to get canned I would prefer it to be early rather than late in the season.

Long strikes me as someone who is going to make sure he has all his Ts crossed and given he isn't starting until August I doubt he will act quickly

Edited by track (07/12/18 08:42 AM)

#2032159 - 07/12/18 08:53 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
Frankenhawk Offline
Big Dipper

I think he gets to the Baylor game. We will be 1-3 (at best) after that loss. I know that 1-2 or even a possible 0-3 against that weak non-con is enough to fire him, but I think he will get the first Big12 game before being canned.

It will also show how pathetically far behind Beaty has us, further supporting his firing. In what will be year two for Rhule, he will crush us by at least 42 points in Waco. He came in last year with a bunch of Freshman and walk-ons and kicked the crap out of us in Lawrence. With a two year head-start on him, Beaty has us at least a decade behind what Rhule is doing at Baylor.

#2032169 - 07/12/18 12:27 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: beenahawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

[quote=track Past history would say I am an idiot for making such a prediction

I must say, I totally agree with you! laugh [/quote]
I figured either you or kuco would pick up on the idiot part😀

#2032170 - 07/12/18 01:55 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: EstebanBugatti]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti
yes

I hate to break this to you but that would absolutely kill this recruiting class.

Beaty will be fire after KU loses to Rutgers and drops to 1-2. That is assuming they can somehow beat Nicholls St. If they can't, Beaty is gone after 1 week. A new coach will then be named by the end of the season so he can get out and recruit his ass off. The new early signing date really makes things difficult.

If KU wants to salvage this recruiting class, then Long could fire Beaty mid-season and hire a new head coach that is not employed this season, like Bielema or Miles. Then they could start recruiting during the season.

If KU wants to hire a coach that is coaching this season, then it will be tough for the new coach to build much of a recruiting class, since the early signing day is in December. However, the benefit is getting a coach coming off a winning season.

#2032172 - 07/12/18 06:11 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
INation Offline
Thunderhawk

I also think Beaty gets canned after the Baylor game. I would be OK with sacrificing a recruiting class if it means getting a good coach the caliber of a Chris Peterson at Washington, Matt Campbell at ISU and Gary Pinkel when he was at Missouri.

#2032181 - 07/12/18 07:43 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Firing Beaty after the WV game on October 6th looks like a good time. It gives Long 3 nonconference games and 3 conference games to make a decision on Beaty. He probably will be on a 4 game losing streak to Rutgers, Baylor, Oklahoma State and WV. Firing him after the WV game gives the players some time to feel sad during the bye week. Then they can start preparing for the road game at TT during the next week and be in a better mood.

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/12/18 08:10 PM)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview