Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031946 - 07/03/18 06:38 PM Heard something depressing on satellite.
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Was listening to preseason discussion this AM on satellite radio. They were doing a somewhat "stock market prediction" of whether a coach was trending up (buy) or trending down (sell). Who was their FIRST coach? Turner Gil. How was he trending? UP! They discussed how he would now be coaching in D1, has a good returning base, and will probably win 4-6 games their first year in D1. Also stated that he had gone to KU a "graveyard" for coaching careers, with the exception of Mangino, they went on to state.

Now, would I want Turner back? Hell no. But, he was heads and shoulders above what we've had since. I just hope and pray that we hire THE guy after game five this season, when yet another resident of the coaching graveyard that is KU football is buried.

RCJHKU!

#2031947 - 07/03/18 06:56 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Everyone wants to pile on ku football these days... including most on this board. Here is some more fodder for those wanting more.
https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Art...gram-119557224/

#2031948 - 07/03/18 07:21 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track
Everyone wants to pile on ku football these days... including most on this board. Here is some more fodder for those wanting more.
That's right, the posters here made the KU football scene a graveyard. As usual, track is off-track on his comments.

David Beaty was clearly not qualified from day one to be a D1 HC for any P5 team at this stage in his mediocre career.

#2031950 - 07/03/18 08:06 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
That's right, the posters here made the KU football scene a graveyard. As usual, track is off-track on his comments.

David Beaty was clearly not qualified from day one to be a D1 HC for any P5 team at this stage in his mediocre career.

As usual you make up things... only an idiot would think my post blamed posters here for ku football conditions or scene.

Edited by track (07/03/18 08:26 PM)

#2031951 - 07/03/18 08:36 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

What you meant was only an idiot would blame posters, as you clearly did, for the state of this pathetic program. I was clear about my point here. I don't blame posters the way you do, pretending to be a positive booster. Give it up.

#2031952 - 07/03/18 08:50 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Only an idiot would make the posts you make on this board. Poster after poster have called you on your lies and twisting of their posts. Ku football sucks and has sucked for years but that’s common knowledge. ... nothing more needs to be said. Only you rant about it daily.. with the same old song and dance that everyone has heard a thousand times. What has it got you other than being a giant pain in the ass to everyone that reads this board. You bore people.

#2031953 - 07/03/18 09:16 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

You are the least liked poster on here and the biggest pretentious twit pretending to know what is what here. Again, give it up. Don’t blame posters for the program weaknesses.

Instead of talking Kansas football, you always twist this board into who you do & don’t like. Talk about boring!

#2031955 - 07/04/18 12:27 AM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUCO_VOC]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

What about Beaty is mediocre? 3-33 is hardly mediocre.

I wish we had a mediocre coach.

#2031956 - 07/04/18 12:49 AM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Yep, thought about mediocrity later as being too kind.

The millions wasted on that HS coach. Not even a good one either.

#2031958 - 07/04/18 08:55 AM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Unfortunately, what's done is done. Moving forward we can hope Girod and his search team can find the right AD who can hire the right coach to build a real program. At least Girod was willing to take the step that Gray-Little was unwilling to take.

#2031959 - 07/04/18 09:43 AM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Al, the first step forward was to sh*tcan the old AD who was happy to take money under false pretentions. Claimed the football program was progressing for years. Girod will find the next steps won't be as hard as he now feels in charge of his destiny.

#2031960 - 07/04/18 01:44 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Was listening to preseason discussion this AM on satellite radio. They were doing a somewhat "stock market prediction" of whether a coach was trending up (buy) or trending down (sell). Who was their FIRST coach? Turner Gil. How was he trending? UP! They discussed how he would now be coaching in D1, has a good returning base, and will probably win 4-6 games their first year in D1. Also stated that he had gone to KU a "graveyard" for coaching careers, with the exception of Mangino, they went on to state.

Now, would I want Turner back? Hell no. But, he was heads and shoulders above what we've had since. I just hope and pray that we hire THE guy after game five this season, when yet another resident of the coaching graveyard that is KU football is buried.

RCJHKU!

KUCO, please respond to this.

#2031961 - 07/04/18 02:10 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

I will respond. If I recall, you were a fan of Gill so you are pleased that his time at Liberty is called legit wins. Liberty is now a D1? That is OK but no to bringing back a Gill to KU. Liberty is not legit in my eyes.

#2031963 - 07/04/18 04:40 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: JimWest]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: JimWest

Only you would...

#2031968 - 07/04/18 08:29 PM Re: Heard something depressing on satellite. [Re: 58hawk]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Originally Posted By: JimWest

Only you would...

Only I would what? Only I would want improvement?

Sorry for not loving failure you rural piece of trash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview