Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031455 - 06/14/18 12:33 PM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Hot_Toddy
You're reaching now Kuco. Just because a school doesn't disclose why a player is dismissed doesn't mean he's a drug kingpin.
If the dismissal was so innocent, why not disclose it? Both the HC and ex-player is keeping quiet so far. But, yes, my copied actual news account is stretching if I said, "he's a kingpin of drugs". But I didn't say that, so...

But if I pick up a dismissed player, as a HC, why not say something to the Kansas fanbase about it? Sounds like desperation by DB.

#2031457 - 06/14/18 12:59 PM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
You're reaching now Kuco. Just because a school doesn't disclose why a player is dismissed doesn't mean he's a drug kingpin.
If the dismissal was so innocent, why not disclose it? Both the HC and ex-player is keeping quiet so far. But, yes, my copied actual news account is stretching if I said, "he's a kingpin of drugs". But I didn't say that, so...

But if I pick up a dismissed player, as a HC, why not say something to the Kansas fanbase about it? Sounds like desperation by DB.

I hope it is a move of desperation by DB. This coach is past the point of playing it safe.... he needs to be aggressive in every phase of coaching. There is no tomorrow for him... he needs wins/results now.

#2031458 - 06/14/18 01:30 PM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: Hot_Toddy]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Word late last year was that Wallace was being sought after by Ole Miss and Tennessee, but Wallace hadn't actually finished up his academic work in order to graduate at the time so both schools moved on. He has since officially finished up his course work and graduated from Cal thus clearing that hurdle.

He's got enough talent to be competing for a starting spot on this team and at a lot of P5 teams and had earned a starting spot at Cal before his dismissal. Hope he has his sh|it together enough to compete for a starting spot here without incident as well as not being any kind of disruptive force in the locker room.

What I heard about his dismissal was it was for a disciplinary incident and not just a drug test. Cal and nobody else has officially given a reason still. Hell, if it was just a drug test problem Cal should have just done what the purple kitties do. Kick him off the team in the off-season and then have him magically show back up on the team come the 1st practice in fall camp.

#2031477 - 06/15/18 07:00 AM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Dismissed from Cal for being a Trump supporting free speech advocate is also a possibility. laugh

#2031478 - 06/15/18 09:19 AM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: track]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: track
“Desperate times call for desperate measures. “

“The desperate usually succeed because they have nothing to lose”..... that’s Beaty ....nothing to lose
...as everyone has him fired by the third game.

KU football is desperate and can take the risk/reward.

Too many scholarship to give, and too many of those given to someone that is not able to play for the education.

Lauren Drain, Olathe, KS

#2031480 - 06/15/18 09:27 AM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: Hot_Toddy]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

Schools cannot disclose for privacy laws reasons.

Luke Axtell thanked Texas with their $1,000,000 donation.

#2031486 - 06/15/18 10:17 AM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: Hot_Toddy]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Luke Axtell settled with UT for four semesters tuition money of $5K a semester plus $7,5K for his lawyers fees. Not close to a cool mil. Tejas released his specific grades to public view and UT settled out of court with Luke.

Disclosure of academic issues in general would suffice if true by our HC or the former HC at Cal.

#2031524 - 06/15/18 05:04 PM Re: O-lineman transfer from Houston? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Luke Axtell settled with UT for four semesters tuition money of $5K a semester plus $7,5K for his lawyers fees. Not close to a cool mil. Tejas released his specific grades to public view and UT settled out of court with Luke.

Disclosure of academic issues in general would suffice if true by our HC or the former HC at Cal.

You sure about that KooKoo? first, $5K a semester seems like a very paltry number, and $7.5K for legal fees is preposterous. Hell you can hardly get these grease ball lawyers on a call for less than $7500, unless you're proposing they help you hide $45 mil in illicit drug money, and they get a "cut"(pun intended).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview