Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031506 - 06/15/18 11:48 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Personally, I KNOW the Big XII in it's current forms truly sucks balls as far as rivalries and excitement go, but we have shown it is truly only about one thing and one thing only, MONEY. Losing NU, CU, and Meth were death blows to this conference. Not in actual survival, but in excitement. The only true rivalry is Tejas and OU, and seeing how Tejas can't figure out that there is no reason they shouldn't be winning 10 games consistently and been in a position for a legit national title run every 3-5 years, keeps the conference from being anything other than a revenue pounder.

RCJHKU!

sometimes you guys write stuff so irrational i believe you're inebriated when writing it.

so, oSu/OU isn't a true rivalry. or k-state/ku is a meaningless little game. farmageddon. or baylor/tcu doesn't matter. i mean it only dates to 1899. or texas/TxT is nothing important to those fan bases. like ku/cu was somehow a great showdown? or how about that grand series with unl?

my gosh. maybe it's because ku is a one sport school that makes it seem that way for you. clueless indeed.

#2031517 - 06/15/18 03:32 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Personally, I KNOW the Big XII in it's current forms truly sucks balls as far as rivalries and excitement go, but we have shown it is truly only about one thing and one thing only, MONEY. Losing NU, CU, and Meth were death blows to this conference. Not in actual survival, but in excitement. The only true rivalry is Tejas and OU, and seeing how Tejas can't figure out that there is no reason they shouldn't be winning 10 games consistently and been in a position for a legit national title run every 3-5 years, keeps the conference from being anything other than a revenue pounder.

RCJHKU!

sometimes you guys write stuff so irrational i believe you're inebriated when writing it.

so, oSu/OU isn't a true rivalry. or k-state/ku is a meaningless little game. farmageddon. or baylor/tcu doesn't matter. i mean it only dates to 1899. or texas/TxT is nothing important to those fan bases. like ku/cu was somehow a great showdown? or how about that grand series with unl?

my gosh. maybe it's because ku is a one sport school that makes it seem that way for you. clueless indeed.

The Bevo/Sooner game was going along well before the conference was formed, but the OU/Bugeater game is sorely missed IMHO. T Tech isn't the Aggies nor is Zero State the Nubs. We have our rivalry, if one can actually call it that anymore, with the Litterbox, but! EVERY true Jayhawk lived for the Misery games.....many a grid season was salvaged by this "one sport school", by beating the Mootards.

Also, don't forget the reason the Huskers left.....it wasn't JUST the issue with the Bevos. it was getting the worst drubbing in school history planted on them by a team they had owned for almost 40 years...those 67 points will forever haunt the Blackshirts!

#2031518 - 06/15/18 03:36 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I think it was 76 Beena, but I could be wrong. I have been once before

#2031519 - 06/15/18 04:00 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

been, my point is there are many great rivalries in this league. there's not a conference game i don't look forward to watching, not a single one. much more so for this conference than nebraska v. illiinois or missouri/florida or aTm/tennesee or cu/zona.

#2031520 - 06/15/18 04:14 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: Jman1]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

[quote=Jman1]I think it was 76 Beena, but I could be wrong. I have been once before [/quote

Correct you are....I have fat fingers when typing! 11 straight possessions resulting in TD's!

#2031521 - 06/15/18 04:17 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

been, my point is there are many great rivalries in this league. there's not a conference game i don't look forward to watching, not a single one. much more so for this conference than nebraska v. illiinois or missouri/florida or aTm/tennesee or cu/zona.

That's because there is ZERO history. Anything with a semblance of history can be called a rivalry. But as far as I am concerned, NOTHING topped the Border WAR...even the annual Sooner/Husker contests.

#2031525 - 06/15/18 05:33 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
tmcats seems to think that the KSU/KU is more of a rivalry then the Border War...But that's all part of the inferiority complex that the purple has towards KU.

#2031526 - 06/15/18 05:44 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
tmcats seems to think that the KSU/KU is more of a rivalry then the Border War...But that's all part of the inferiority complex that the purple has towards KU.

i've never ever said that about the b'war and how great it was to both schools. but it's typical of weak-kneed program fans like you to make absurd straw man arguments like this one to the contrary.

ku is k-state's rival. there's no one emaws loathe more. and ku pretentiousness to deny state is a primary rival only adds to the reality. i get that need, laughable as it is.

#2031537 - 06/16/18 12:50 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita

i've never ever said that about the b'war and how great it was to both schools. but it's typical of weak-kneed program fans like you to make absurd straw man arguments like this one to the contrary.

ku is k-state's rival. there's no one emaws loathe more. and ku pretentiousness to deny state is a primary rival only adds to the reality. i get that need, laughable as it is.

It is a rivalry, but not a primary one. I am not sure KU has a primary rival now that MU is gone. KSU is rivals just because of proximity. Lets face it we will hear it if KU loses to KSU. With that said, KSU cares 10 times more than KU does. KSU is seen as an annoyance like the little brother that one leave big brother alone. KU fans don't hate or loathe KSU. It just does not mean nearly as much at least to me, it doesn't, and a number of fans I talk with feel the same way.

Part of the problem is it is not really close in the major sports. We know KSU is going to kill KU in football. The same is true in basketball. KU wins almost every game. The nail is not the hammer's rival.

#2031548 - 06/16/18 04:34 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1

It is a rivalry, but not a primary one. I am not sure KU has a primary rival now that MU is gone. KSU is rivals just because of proximity. Lets face it we will hear it if KU loses to KSU. With that said, KSU cares 10 times more than KU does. KSU is seen as an annoyance like the little brother that one leave big brother alone. KU fans don't hate or loathe KSU. It just does not mean nearly as much at least to me, it doesn't, and a number of fans I talk with feel the same way.

Part of the problem is it is not really close in the major sports. We know KSU is going to kill KU in football. The same is true in basketball. KU wins almost every game. The nail is not the hammer's rival.

There is also the “hate ” factor. Ku fans don’t hate KSU... most of us have family members and friends that attended KSU. It’s just not a big rivalry for us. It’s nothing like the old MU rivalry. I basically hate most Missouri fans and the entire state.

Edited by track (06/16/18 04:38 PM)

#2031554 - 06/17/18 12:52 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Exactly. I have a lot of KSU friends, they are good people and they actually support KU when KSU is not playing them. I have one friend that likes to needle me talking about how bad KU is, and doing it in a passive aggressive way. Other than that they are all cool. If KU wins I don't rub it in. I don't say anything at all.

#2031555 - 06/17/18 06:24 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: moose1]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: moose1
Exactly. I have a lot of KSU friends, they are good people and they actually support KU when KSU is not playing them. I have one friend that likes to needle me talking about how bad KU is, and doing it in a passive aggressive way. Other than that they are all cool. If KU wins I don't rub it in. I don't say anything at all.

I go one step beyond that. I have two daughters... one went to KSU and one to KU. I liked frank Martin and how his team played. Bill Snyder is a class act.... I wish we had hired him. On the other hand listening to a Pinkel interview on the radio was like finger nails on a chalkboard. It’s a [censored] state.. especially out in the boonies... western Kansas people are solid... even if politically misguided.

#2031560 - 06/17/18 11:10 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: track]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

similar subject playing on a k-state board today. here below is a typical response. i don't believe k-state fans root for ku. if so, it's truly by exception to the rule.

pretty simple really:

1. root for KSU
2. root for other Big XII teams not named KU in their games when not playing KSU (state schools get preference)
3. no one else left? *vuurrppp* hope KU wins.

but only as a last resort. and not actively ROOTING for those arrogant B-tards.

#2031562 - 06/17/18 01:00 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
track Offline
gale sayers

You hate us and we reserve our hate for MU. We don’t believe in wasting energy on cowturds like you. You are for the most part like a little sister... just annoying.

#2031606 - 06/18/18 12:19 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Also, don't forget the reason the Huskers left.....it wasn't JUST the issue with the Bevos. it was getting the worst drubbing in school history planted on them by a team they had owned for almost 40 years...those 67 points will forever haunt the Blackshirts!
I also heard from some Nebraska people at the time their AD, good ole Dr. Osborne, and others in their athletic department were against the move but were overridden by their Chancellor and President at the time.

No idea how the average corn fan feels about things now as I've lost touch with the few I used to know. I do know that the amount of coverage and mention they receive in KC media has gone down to just about zero since then though. I'd say Wichita St. gets more coverage in the KC media now than they do.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview