Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031211 - 06/01/18 01:46 PM big 12 revenue up again should help ku
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn

Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- The Big 12 Conference will distribute a record $364.9 million to its 10 institutions for the fiscal year, commissioner Bob Bowlsby announced Friday at the conclusion of league meetings.

That amounts to $36.5 million per school, likely placing the Big 12 third among the Power 5 conferences, behind the SEC and Big Ten but ahead of the Pac-12 and ACC.

Unlike the other leagues, which include Tier 3 revenue from conference networks in their distribution figures, the Big 12's distribution numbers do not include Tier 3 revenue. The Longhorn Network, which is owned by ESPN, pays Texas an additional $15 million per year on average. Oklahoma nets roughly $5 million from its Tier 3 agreements with Fox.

The 6.4 percent increase from last year was boosted by the return of the Big 12 title game, which Bowlsby said gave the league an additional $30 million in revenue. That helped offset the Big 12's one-year loss of the Sugar Bowl, which was part of the College Football Playoff last season. When the Sugar Bowl is not part of the playoff, the Big 12, along with the SEC, has an agreement with the bowl that pays the conference roughly $40 million.

#2031213 - 06/01/18 02:57 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
It should help you as well, unless you don't need it...

#2031215 - 06/01/18 07:26 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: 58hawk]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

But didn't KAI post a multimillion dollar loss last year? I guess this will get them into the black so they pay a few hundred bucks in taxes.

#2031222 - 06/02/18 11:32 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: 58hawk]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
It should help you as well, unless you don't need it...

a rising tide lifts all boats, they say. a.d. is busy spending coin on baseball and soccer complexes now. wish they'd finish stoning-up the east side of the family stadium. it's only $20 million or so to complete.

#2031230 - 06/02/18 05:58 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

oh wait, I'm sure KAI is registered as a C Corp so they can put those losses forward, so I answered my own question; no they won't pay any taxes for the foreseeable future no matter what the P & L says

#2031235 - 06/03/18 10:54 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: Jman1]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

nonprofits are tax exempt sans payroll.

#2031242 - 06/04/18 08:03 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: tmcats

KAI has the ultmate "Non-Profit" program in the world.......it's called KU Football.

#2031245 - 06/04/18 09:49 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

KAI has the ultmate "Non-Profit" program in the world.......it's called KU Football.
lol

#2031252 - 06/04/18 03:59 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: beenahawk

Its real profitable for the former and current football ADs And HCs.!.!

#2031341 - 06/07/18 08:57 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Won't matter when either OU or Tejas jumps in the next five years. Anyone who thinks the Truckstop Ten is going to exist in five years is chasing fool's gold.

Letting three of the original six leave was the deathbell.

RCJHKU!

#2031342 - 06/07/18 10:17 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Won't matter when either OU or Tejas jumps in the next five years. Anyone who thinks the Truckstop Ten is going to exist in five years is chasing fool's gold.

RCJHKU!

yeah, you bill walton wannabees were writing that b.s. five years ago. it's rolling contract, i guess. every five years it's five years coming.

#2031379 - 06/11/18 12:51 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead

RCJHKU!

yeah, you bill walton wannabees were writing that b.s. five years ago. it's rolling contract, i guess. every five years it's five years coming.

The grant of rights agreement ends June of 2025. Talks have failed to renew it and it doesn't sound like the schools are coming back to revisit it. Texas killed the Southwestern Conference, and they are well on the way killing the Big XII. A couple years before the agreement ends I am guessing that there will be rumblings of school movement, probably coinciding with the expiration of the Big 10 agreement.

The conference screwed the poch when Louisville went to the ACC. That would have been a perfect fit. Add a Cincinnati as well, andthat would have solidified the conference.

No one other than you Timmy thinks the Big XII is anything more than a temporary fix. I wish it was. I wish the four schools that left were still in the conference, especially MU and NU. However the reality is the Big XII is not going to be around in the long run.

#2031383 - 06/11/18 11:51 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: moose1]
tmcats Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

has the pac12 or acc renewed their gor's? i mean their financials are below the big 12's. only you believe the big12 is ultimately dead. well, you and the other missouri-lite wannabees who would rather be someplace else. i admit the big east would probably be a better place for ku basketball.

#2031384 - 06/11/18 01:04 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
Leawood Offline
Abolitionist

Loc: Now, The Plaza
You should probably just focus on Bluemont's future C-USA conference rival, North Texas. Easy flights from MLK to DFW.

#2031387 - 06/11/18 02:34 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I think KSU is more of an AAC type of team. Imagine those kids getting to leave the state and go to the East coast and Tulsa? That would be awesome for them! The WSU/KSU basketball series will be a thing of beauty!

RCJHKU!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview