Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031151 - 05/27/18 09:38 PM KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe
DrGreydog Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Topeka
3 star OL Kevin Feder - 6'9 305lbs - has 2yrs of eligibility….
per PHOG

#2031153 - 05/27/18 10:16 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
We need every body we can get on the OL.

#2031157 - 05/28/18 06:36 AM Ohio State MR OL grad transfer [Re: DrGreydog]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
He played in one game in 2017. Not anyone to count on. Bad wheels. But, yes, we wish that he could be a player here.

#2031158 - 05/28/18 10:00 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Good to hear.

#2031159 - 05/28/18 10:57 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
3 star OL Kevin Feder - 6'9 305lbs - has 2yrs of eligibility….
per PHOG

I have seen this story before, and it has NOT worked out in the past. Hopefully this guy is the exception to the rule, but I am not going to hold my breath.

#2031161 - 05/28/18 01:22 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: moose1]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: moose1
I have seen this story before, and it has NOT worked out in the past. Hopefully this guy is the exception to the rule, but I am not going to hold my breath.

He looks like a solid addition. Some of our grad transfers like Zach Hannon and Marcquis Roberts have worked out alright.

#2031162 - 05/28/18 03:43 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: moose1]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1

Charles Baldwin, a transfer from Alabama, did not play but maybe the next guy will workout.

#2031164 - 05/28/18 10:36 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
If his foot is all healed up and not prone to being re-injured, he could help out right away. It's also nice he's walking on. Can't have too many OL guys or DL guys. At worse, he'll push those ahead of him and at best he'll push some of them down the depth chart.

Ricker is bringing in quite a few new bodies to play his style of OL play rather than what we were trying to do (key words here, "trying to do") under Yenser.

#2031166 - 05/28/18 11:01 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
It will be interesting to see what OL show up after June 1st.

#2031167 - 05/29/18 08:21 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
If his foot is all healed up and not prone to being re-injured, he could help out right away. It's also nice he's walking on. Can't have too many OL guys or DL guys. At worse, he'll push those ahead of him and at best he'll push some of them down the depth chart.

Ricker is bringing in quite a few new bodies to play his style of OL play rather than what we were trying to do (key words here, "trying to do") under Yenser.

t nothing ventured nothing gained. Maybe we will get lucky and he becomes a stud on the offensive line. We can always hope.

Edited by track (05/29/18 08:23 AM)

#2031169 - 05/29/18 01:11 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: bigdogjac]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
It will be interesting to see what OL show up after June 1st.
Sure will. I'm hoping all the ones we've currently got verbals from show up and don't get poached!

#2031170 - 05/29/18 03:44 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
With our track record, do you really think other coaches will poach a Beaty selection? Especially considering the stellar job (cough, cough) he's done recruiting o-lineman?

If someone does want to poach.....Girod made another case against Beaty when he zapped Zenger. The entire world knows DB is a dead man walking.

#2031171 - 05/29/18 04:39 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
With our track record, do you really think other coaches will poach a Beaty selection?
Yes and it's happened a bunch of times already, including this year.

Hate on Beaty all you want as there's plenty to hate on, but if you think his coaching failures on the field are the result of bad recruiting, I'd say you're being blinded a bit by your hate as well as being a bit misguided.We haven't sucked as bad as we have because Beaty didn't recruit enough talent to do better in the W's and L's column.

#2031174 - 05/29/18 05:19 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If you “hate” the results, do you hate the man ? Kman apparently thinks so. I have stated Satan can be the HC if he wins. Actually he/she/it is probably a better on-field HC than DB.

#2031176 - 05/29/18 05:51 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
If you “hate” the results, do you hate the man ?
No.

Hence this ASSumption by you is false.
Kman apparently thinks so.

I also wasn't talking about beena hating Beaty as a man, but rather as a coach.

#2031177 - 05/29/18 06:19 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If you “hate” the results, do you hate the man ?
No.

Hence this ASSumption by you is false.
Kman apparently thinks so.

I also wasn't talking about beena hating Beaty as a man, but rather as a coach.
ASSumption of YOURS was totally up in the air. Just needed you to expand upon what the h___ you were going on about.

Several others on this site claim that if we loved the guy more, we would win games.

#2031180 - 05/29/18 11:37 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Several others on this site claim that if we loved the guy more, we would win games.
Who?

#2031181 - 05/30/18 07:50 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who?

If we won more, then we would love the guy.

No one can be happy after a loss and the agony that follows on the ride home.

#2031182 - 05/30/18 07:59 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Maximus]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Who?

Who? John Brazelton comments mantra is that HCDB's failure to win is the result of fanbase hatred and sportswriter hatred. Can't be true, sounds a bit crazy to blame the program evaluators.

I agree, I would love the guy if we won more.

#2031192 - 05/30/18 04:55 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
With our track record, do you really think other coaches will poach a Beaty selection?
Yes and it's happened a bunch of times already, including this year.

Hate on Beaty all you want as there's plenty to hate on, but if you think his coaching failures on the field are the result of bad recruiting, I'd say you're being blinded a bit by your hate as well as being a bit misguided.We haven't sucked as bad as we have because Beaty didn't recruit enough talent to do better in the W's and L's column.

I don't "hate" Beaty. I think he is worthless as a head coach and blame Zenger for the mess we are in.....with 50% blame to Big Lew.

That said, I didn't even hate on DB's recruiting in a general sense. I specifically noted his lack of O-Lineman. After four years at the helm, there is simply no excuse to not have a decent offensive line.

#2031195 - 05/30/18 06:30 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

6-9 305 definitely has some value. The key will be what kind of feet he has.

#2031198 - 05/31/18 02:37 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't "hate" Beaty. I think he is worthless as a head coach and blame Zenger for the mess we are in.....with 50% blame to Big Lew.
I didn't say you hate him, I said you hate on him. Calling him a worthless head coach seems to be hating on him to my eye(and I'm NOT defending coach Beaty here, just giving my impression of your sentiments toward him), but if you don't think so, that's fine. I'll accept you at your word.

That said, I didn't even hate on DB's recruiting in a general sense. I specifically noted his lack of O-Lineman. After four years at the helm, there is simply no excuse to not have a decent offensive line.
I agree in part. I don't think he recruited enough OL during his 4 recruiting classes here either. He hasn't completely ignored it either. He has recruited 17 scholarship OL during that time and had another 3 walkons contribute significant minutes(in a good way). 12 were/are HS recruits, 4 were/are JUCO recruits(soon to be about 8 if all the guys planning on coming this summer make it here), and 1 was a grad transfer(with another coming now).

While I agree he hasn't recruited enough of them we still had enough to have a serviceable OL IMO. The biggest problem our OL had last year(and before) was too many mental mistakes with 1 or sometimes even 2 guys missing their assignments on plays or famously all 5 missing their assignment on those cut blocks on that quick pass over the middle that got a lot of media attention. I blame that on a lack of good coaching.

We also brought in a new OL coach who has a different OL philosophy than the previous OL coach which requires a different kind of OL than a lot of the OL we currently have on roster. That's been a big reason why they're bringing in so many new OL. We'll see how these new guys do when they get here and start practicing. I could be wrong here, but I think we'll have enough decent OL to have a serviceable OL with proper coaching. Of course, that assumes Ricker is a good OL coach, which I believe he is. It also helps that Ricker and Meacham are on the same page with their OL philosophy too.

Lot of moving parts here (new OL coach, lot of new OL, new OL philosophy, etc.) which makes me really curious how it all plays out come August and going into September when we see for sure where it stands. Really curious in Ricker's performance here the most actually.

#2031199 - 05/31/18 02:38 AM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: AlOerter]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Heard he has really good feet when they aren't injured.

#2031202 - 05/31/18 05:21 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Maximus
Who?

Who? John Brazelton comments mantra is that HCDB's failure to win is the result of fanbase hatred and sportswriter hatred. Can't be true, sounds a bit crazy to blame the program evaluators.

I agree, I would love the guy if we won more.
Who is John Brazelton? AD candidate?

#2031203 - 05/31/18 06:58 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: DrGreydog]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

JB posts comments after every KU football article written by LJW. Biggest ass kisser for DB around.

#2031231 - 06/02/18 06:48 PM Re: KU football adds Ohio State grad transfe [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: AlOerter
Heard he has really good feet when they aren't injured.

can't be any worse than the guys that Yenser recruited. guy musta been in the Mafia at some point because they all have cement boots on

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview