Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031461 - 06/14/18 02:38 PM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Online   confused
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Draft Rankings

Billy Preston and Newman late 2nd round status at best. Overseas bound?

A lot of sleeper pick around the same area, a place not desired.

Zhaire Smith, freshman from Texas Tech, projected higher that Newman and Graham because of his height. https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-...Round material?

#2031685 - 06/19/18 08:58 PM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Vick mistake

She did not rule out a return to KU — or perhaps another school — though pursuing that possibility was not the reason for pulling out of the draft, she said. And there are no plans right now to check into that option, she indicated. The only option Vick has mentioned to her at this time is the G-League, La La Vick stated.

Self and Vick

“The talk we had at the end of the season would be that he would go somewhere else if he decided to stay in school. That was something we talked about. We kind of agreed on that,” Self told ESPN.

#2031760 - 06/21/18 07:33 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

KU Draft

Departing seniors Devonte’ Graham and Svi Mykhailiuk did the most individual workouts for NBA teams in the past couple of weeks and those two, along with early entries Malik Newman and Billy Preston, attended the pre-draft combine in Chicago in mid-May.

Niykee Heaton

#2031782 - 06/21/18 10:26 PM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
DeVonte finally picked 34th to the sorry Hawks. Svi should go soon possibly Malik also. Damn 4 Dukies picked before Graham. Didn't we beat those clowns in the E8 game.

#2031784 - 06/22/18 05:17 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
Devonte and Svi get drafted... Billy Preston and Malik Newman go undrafted...

It looks like you should've stayed at KU Preston and Newman!!
I can see why Billy Preston left since the NCAA screwed him out of last season with their indecisiveness on his eligibility. He seemed like a Lester Earl situation. So I can see why he left early. It looks like he should've stuck it out for at least another year though.
I thought Malik leaving was a dumb idea from the moment he decided.
He was amazing during the Big XII and NCAA tournament and one of the main reasons we went to the Final Four. He wasn't well enough known to jump to the NBA though. It took him until the end of the season to get it going that he wasn't a big enough name to jump early. Imagine if he had stayed next year. He would've played all year on ESPN like he played in the NCAA tournament. He would've been on the #1 ranked team. He would've been one of the Naismith POY candidates and people outside of KU would've known him. It seemed like his NBA stock in his own mind was a lot higher than reality. What's the hurry Malik? You could've been one of the leaders next year with a loaded KU team that just went to the Final Four. Now you have to hope some NBA team picks you up as a free agent or go to the Euro-League.
This is why I don't get why kids are in such a hurry to leave. You are only in college for 4 years. Even if you are projected to be a top 10 draft pick. After 4 years on ESPN for every game at KU, you will go as a top 5 pick instead of top 10. You get to be a king on campus vs just another worker bee in the NBA. The millions of dollars will be there after college. The odds of a career ending injury in college are very unlikely. You get to play for fun for 4 years in college. What's the rush!!?? Malik is another prime example of why you shouldn't be in such a hurry to bolt from your college commitment. Or at the very least, do it like Udoka. Test the waters for your draft stock, but then don't sign with an agent. Then come back before the deadline if you aren't a guaranteed first rounder.

#2031785 - 06/22/18 05:30 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
mushhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: State, Country
PS: Hey Brad Pitt (Maximus), I don't get what the lingerie models have to do with the NBA draft thread, but I like it!!
haha! grin

#2031787 - 06/22/18 08:04 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

Billy Preston, Vick, and Newman making big man on campus poor decisions. Women in all of their lives had negative influences on their over-confidence.

Suelyn Medeiros

#2031789 - 06/22/18 08:48 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Newman signed with the Lakers late last night. He will be with Svi.

#2031804 - 06/22/18 04:51 PM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

[img]https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018...ted-free-agency[/img]

D league contract rights. Europe might of paid better.

Claudia Alende

#2031972 - 07/05/18 10:01 AM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Wilt Chamberlain

#2031984 - 07/05/18 03:19 PM Re: 2018 NBA Draft [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Newman signed a contract with the Lakers...gets to get punked by Bron Bron..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview