Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032442 - 07/23/18 08:40 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Maximus

Purple is the only choice. I would take a National Championship any day of the week and twice on Tuesday. Having Bill around for another 15 years would be great, but if he leaves KU will be fine. If there was a choice of a football National Championship I would take that over basketball right now but that would be the only thing I would want over a basketball National Championship.

#2032443 - 07/23/18 08:45 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

As for Dean Wade I am guessing he won't even be the best player for K State this next year. I think Barry Brown will end up being better than Wade.

#2032445 - 07/24/18 07:35 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Originally Posted By: Maximus

Garrett and Vick will be interesting next year. Garrett will transfer and Vick will be a 6th man, a graduate transfer, and it possible start at shooting guard, but his lack of "effort" on defense was a Self concern and his shooting ability as a shooting guard could be questioned.

http://m.kusports.com/news/2018/jul/23/junior-guard-sam-cunliffe-leaving-kansas/

Easy to see someone transferring.

I like Sam Cunliffe over Vick. Sam should have been the 6th man off the bench.

Maybe Sam changes his mind and stays. Sam is too talented, which KU wants him to stay.

Some say, he is doing the best for himself, playing time reason. Bill Self can help get Sam overseas and a shot at the NBA. It's Sam's life and his choice.

I won't be surprise is professional ball if still in his future.

#2032460 - 07/24/18 11:51 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
Originally Posted By: moose1
As for Dean Wade I am guessing he won't even be the best player for K State this next year. I think Barry Brown will end up being better than Wade.

6'3" shooting guards like barry are not all that unique. but a 6'10" youngster who can dominate all phases of the game, now that's something special. dean, if his foot remains healthy, will be both preseason and regular season B12 poy. whether k-state dethrones self's semi-pro outfit is another question. i, frankly, doubt it. but it will be fun to watch unfold. we have a football run to watch first.

#2032472 - 07/24/18 02:46 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: tmcats
Originally Posted By: moose1

6'3" shooting guards like barry are not all that unique. but a 6'10" youngster who can dominate all phases of the game, now that's something special. dean, if his foot remains healthy, will be both preseason and regular season B12 poy. whether k-state dethrones self's semi-pro outfit is another question. i, frankly, doubt it. but it will be fun to watch unfold. we have a football run to watch first.

Dominate? Wade is a nice player. There has been NOTHING that shows he is dominating. To me that would say he was an unstoppable force. There are not too many players I would consider dominating. Even conference players of the year. Heck even national players of the year. I do not consider most of them dominating. The last player I can think of that would fit that bill would be Anthony Davis. Look he will get some consideration, but I just don't see him as Big XII POY. That said this would be the year for him. I don't see a lot of great players ready to step up and take that mantle.

#2032474 - 07/24/18 03:43 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

20 and 10 would be dominating, no? wade's numbers are better than perry's to this point in time.

#2032478 - 07/24/18 05:44 PM how can just an AAC player compete [Re: moose1]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
You have to understand that "dominating" in KSU terms is a relative thing. This is from the same school that put out a video about their football "Decade of Dominance", a period which included winning the conference but once and never winning a national title.....but they were at long last competitive. When you have decades of being 8th fiddle, rising to a consistent 3rd and 2nd fiddle is pretty heady stuff. They can be excused for confusing being "competitive" with being "dominant".

When you think about it that way, King Dean is a "dominating" player.

Some might say he could be the most explosive athlete in the Big 12. He could be a lottery pick in next year's NBA draft. dimmy is putting money on it. He is almost as excited about King Dean as he was about Marcus Foster.

#2032497 - 07/25/18 11:50 AM Re: how can just an AAC player compete [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

no, dean is much better than marcus. foster had a splendid freshman year and then went craps and off to creighton. dean, on the other hand, has grown from year to year and his numbers are better than ku legend perry ellis at the same point in time. i'm saying wade is B12 preseason poy. i'm also saying that k-state will again challenge ku for the conference title. they're potentially that good. but it will take more than dean to take down ku. i get that.

#2032501 - 07/25/18 12:35 PM Re: how can just an AAC player compete [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
no, dean is much better than marcus. foster had a splendid freshman year and then went craps and off to creighton. dean, on the other hand, has grown from year to year and his numbers are better than ku legend perry ellis at the same point in time. i'm saying wade is B12 preseason poy. i'm also saying that k-state will again challenge ku for the conference title. they're potentially that good. but it will take more than dean to take down ku. i get that.
Semi-pro alleges that Self is paying for something here. Proof? Thought so...

#2032510 - 07/25/18 02:37 PM diminating the Big 12 [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"splendid"....is that lesser or greater than "dominating"?

And since you brought up the notion of more than King Dean, where did you get the 20-10 stats? That seems like more than a small jump from 16.7 and 6.4. As an engineer I can appreciate the concept of rounding off to whole numbers, but rounding off 6.4 would typically be a 6. Which is more than a 50% increase to get to 10 if you are a numbers person (16% increase in scoring isn't a minor number either). Now say King Dean put up numbers like 19.2 and 9.9, those numbers could almost be rounded up to 20 -10. But those numbers were put up by "just an AAC player", not a world class athlete of the caliber of King Dean.

Tell you what dimcat, maybe we can say King Dean is going to be "diminating" in the Big 12 this year. That has an impressive ring to it.

#2032512 - 07/25/18 02:40 PM Re: diminating the Big 12 [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

so now your argument against dean wade being named preseason poy has evolved into the nuances of mathematical rounding? does that mean you yield, like in offering touche'?

#2032513 - 07/25/18 02:42 PM Re: diminating the Big 12 [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

dim, like 20 watts or maybe less

#2032514 - 07/25/18 02:44 PM Re: diminating the Big 12 [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

you failed to answer my question.

#2032520 - 07/25/18 05:43 PM Re: diminating the Big 12 [Re: Maximus]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

It's appropriate that you are so supportive of one of your players. It just isn't appropriate to continually support him on the KU message board. Don't you ever post on the K-State board?

#2032526 - 07/25/18 09:26 PM Re: diminating the Big 12 [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
you failed to answer my question.
More like a night light of 8 watts, dimcats

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview