Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2032193 - 07/13/18 07:40 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: parkhawk3319]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

Future NBA Lottery pick? More than likely.

#2032195 - 07/13/18 08:49 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
Perry Ellis, a SR put up 10 pts and 7 rebs against Spangler and Lattin that year. A freshman putting up 22 pts and 15 rebs are pretty decent numbers for just an AAC player. But we will see how he does when he goes up against the legend and possible National POY Dean Wade. I am sure watching from the bench last year Lawson just an AAC player got a feel for how intimidating the Octagon of Gloom is and how dominating Wade can be when being guarded most of the game by a player half just an AAC players size. Just an AAC player can't be relishing the thought of having to prove himself against Big 12 caliber athletes. I hope just an AAC player doesn't piss himself on the court during the game, that would be humiliating.

#2032250 - 07/16/18 12:40 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
Situational variation between players may be the overriding factor that ultimately determines POY.
Wade will undoubtedly get more gametime opportunities due to the fact that, if healthy, he will be the Cat's goto guy.
Lawson is in a position of being part of an extremely well stacked roster of talent that includes his position.He'll have to share the ball more and will less often be targeted per possession.'As far as talent and future potential are concerned I don't feel we have a contest to discuss. If Lawson shines in practice the way Self says he does, I'll go with that.

#2032262 - 07/16/18 03:09 PM just an AAC player [Re: appyhawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think we have to go with the facts and history here. Dedric “just an AAC player” Lawson has no business being in the conversation with a kid like King Dean. Wade grew up battling and proving himself on the legendary playgrounds of the mean streets of St. John’s, KS. We all know how many McDonald’s AA, D1 and NBA stars started their careers there. And now King Dean is the go-to guy for one of college basketball’s true bluebloods, KSU. King Dean and head coach The Razzle Dazzle Undertaker are returning KSU to the almost half decade of dominance they enjoyed when Lon Kruger consistently had them finishing in 3rd or 4th place in the Big 8, this is a team of destiny! In the meantime, “just an AAC player” played some ball in Memphis, known mostly for BBQ I think. And he had a couple of decent seasons on a mediocre AAC team, a conference whose best team has been UConn, seriously does anyone play basketball in Connecticut? Let’s not kid ourselves, King Dean is the real deal and “just an AAC player” can only hope to try and stay with him when they compete head to head. Hopefully “just an AAC player” can get lots of help and doesn’t get too intimidated; help defense is the only way to contain the double double monster that is King Dean. “Just an AAC player” has never seen up close the kind of athleticism he is about to encounter. Don’t be surprised if “just an AAC player” gets less than half his scoring average if King Dean decides to make a defensive statement at the expense of “just an AAC player”. This season is going to be the King Dean show.

#2032268 - 07/16/18 09:05 PM Re: just an AAC player [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
your sloppy attempt at sarcasm was enlightening only for how poor the attempt. the games between these schools this coming season should be excellent, perhaps epic if state can pull it off behind a small-town kansas youngster and end the conference's embarrassing ku winning streak. wade will be preseason poy. we'll have to see if he carries it to the end.

#2032271 - 07/16/18 10:00 PM Re: just an AAC player [Re: tmcats]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: tmcats
your sloppy attempt at sarcasm was enlightening only for how poor the attempt. the games between these schools this coming season should be excellent, perhaps epic if state can pull it off behind a small-town kansas youngster and end the conference's embarrassing ku winning streak. wade will be preseason poy. we'll have to see if he carries it to the end.
What's embarrassing about a win streak? Because your team didn't do it?

#2032275 - 07/17/18 08:19 AM Re: just an AAC player [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The closest conference race in a decade and a half of dominance as King Dean runs roughshod through the conference, becomes lottery pick and NBA rookie of the year. Razzle Dazzle Undertaker ends up as National COY. Or as you said, maybe the Cats just return to the mediocrity of the Lon Kruger years.

dimmy; maybe it will help your digestion if I splain that it is parody?

#2032281 - 07/17/18 09:43 AM Re: just an AAC player [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

parody, who are you imitating beyond your own loose lobes? if true, the poor soul is surely incarcerated.

#2032284 - 07/17/18 10:47 AM Re: just an AAC player [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lol...in Timmays battle of wits with park he basically is coming unarmed and should raise his white flag. But he is the idiot train that keeps trying to climb that hill.

#2032285 - 07/17/18 10:55 AM Re: just an AAC player [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

if true, the poor soul is surely incarcerated.

I can only imagine, but being stuck inside your skull must feel like that sometimes.

#2032290 - 07/17/18 11:58 AM Re: just an AAC player [Re: parkhawk3319]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

let me know when you accomplish something in life beyond parody.

#2032294 - 07/17/18 01:48 PM Re: just an AAC player [Re: tmcats]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

A couple of minutes ago. Wanted you to be the first to know, because your acceptance means a lot to me.

#2032359 - 07/19/18 02:44 PM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

#2032379 - 07/20/18 06:50 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
TheStarhawk Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Florida
Red- is gonna happen anyways
Orange - No way, this team isn't worthy of a bowl game they don't deserve it.
Yellow - my personal preference, no guarantee he stays for a long time, he would have to be up for it, is the kicker. For selfish reasons I pick this button.
Green- very random, is this to suggest Air Jordan is the best and richest thus signifying green? weird option.
Blue- an incredibly tempting pick. it even looks pretty lol. I don't care for Duke and their success or lack of success does not take away anything from KU and I don't root against teams to lose unless for personal reasons so no.
Purple- tempting pick, I think we might have the horses in the stable to do it without the button.

Edited by TheStarhawk (07/20/18 06:54 AM)

#2032435 - 07/23/18 11:55 AM Re: Derrick Lawson next Big 12 POY [Re: Maximus]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Maximus

red - no need, he gone
blue - in your dreams
yellow - most logical push
orange - texas football, sure, thus orange
purple - would not shock with dean, barry, x and all da boys
green - shuttering bill's recruiting, nah

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >