Rate This Topic
#2031119 - 05/25/18 07:42 AM Re: Zenger Fired! [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
360 turn from when Girod started his position.
Lot has changed since last summer when Girod was hired.

Also, this decision was made months ago and only now made public and "official" because it coincided with the end of year for the University. New AD search had already started before this was made public as well. Don't think any decision has been made yet, but I would expect a new AD to be named before the end of August and perhaps sooner.

Any word on what the final straw was? Was it this thing with Jayhawk Park?
Highly doubt the Park contract was the main factor. Flagging interest in football support has to be it. Gerod mentions it in the "you're fired!" statement. It's a good time to get the reasons out there at the firing. Park issues are a good reason to never do a private-public project. No accountability by the public entity. Fritzell should rot in he@l for doing this to the university.

#2031165 - 05/28/18 10:51 PM Re: Zenger Fired! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
360 turn from when Girod started his position.
Lot has changed since last summer when Girod was hired.

Also, this decision was made months ago and only now made public and "official" because it coincided with the end of year for the University. New AD search had already started before this was made public as well. Don't think any decision has been made yet, but I would expect a new AD to be named before the end of August and perhaps sooner.

Any word on what the final straw was? Was it this thing with Jayhawk Park?
Don't think there was 1 final straw per se. The process which lead to the decision to fire him was begun back in December and the final decision I believe(only Girod knows for sure as it was his call) was made in February or so.

Don't think Rock Chalk Park played any part in the decision. Think it had mostly to do with football, fundraising(went very well initially with the raise the chant campaign, then hit a wall), and feedback from some BMD's, even though most(not all) of the top BMD's still supported Zenger til the end as did Self.

Girod did his homework and gathered as much info as he needed to properly evaluate things and made a decisive well thought out decision. He's no dummy, and he cares a lot about our athletic department in addition to being a long time KU football fan. He sees the potential benefit of having a good all around AD (especially football and men's bball) to the academic side of things.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview